• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    My wife and I know a guy who got shot in the leg, and the girl he was there with is the one from San Antonio. She was killed. The effects of sin are horrible.
    Texas SOT

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The effects of sin are horrible.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what you mean by this. Are you implying that that you believe the victims brought this upon themselves through some sort of prior sin or are you referring directly to the sins of the shooter in killing/maiming all of these people? Or did you mean something else entirely? Please explain.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I'm having a hard time figuring out what you mean by this. Are you implying that that you believe the victims brought this upon themselves through some sort of prior sin or are you referring directly to the sins of the shooter in killing/maiming all of these people? Or did you mean something else entirely? Please explain.

Sorry if I was unclear. I was referring to the actions of the shooter. It just hurts to see that our depravity can reach levels where it affects other people to such an awful degree.

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    I'm willing to play devils advocate for the sake of conversation.

There's probably someone this very second being savagely murdered, raped, tortured etc. Where's the bleeding heart for them? There isn't and I'll tell you why. It's become the norm. Hearing about the school boy being beaten to death by a bunch of thugs for no reason or a girl being raped only three blocks from her house and being left for dead is so common and normal now that no one really pays attention (by no one I don't mean y'all, I mean people in general).

Only when someone goes to the extreme does anyone really take notice and they sit back and say "oh my god. how could this happen" "we need to ban guns" "we need to do this" "we need to do that".

It's all for nothing. Gun laws don't stop criminals. People are still going to kill, rape, torture and generally be indecent human beings until the end of time. It just bothers me how much people will flood to the lives lost on mass public killings but the girl laying in the alley right now crying for her dad likely won't even make the news. Pople thrive off terrible things like todays news because it's not expected. Hearing about a guy getting killed for $20 wallet is extpected. Hearing about the good school girl going to a party and being raped by a boy is expected. Hear about elderly people being mistreated in what is supposed to be a safe place for them is also expected.
    But when a guy for no opnely apparent reason walks his sick ass into a theater and opens fire the world stands still.

Flame away.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Sorry if I was unclear. I was referring to the actions of the shooter. It just hurts to see that our depravity can reach levels where it affects other people to such an awful degree.

That's what I was hoping you were trying to say. These mass shooters, whether from here, Europe, Africa, Russia or elsewhere all seem to have the same evil driving them. Like demons in the flesh.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I'm willing to play devils advocate for the sake of conversation.

There's probably someone this very second being savagely murdered, raped, tortured etc. Where's the bleeding heart for them? There isn't and I'll tell you why. It's become the norm. Hearing about the school boy being beaten to death by a bunch of thugs for no reason or a girl being raped only three blocks from her house and being left for dead is so common and normal now that no one really pays attention (by no one I don't mean y'all, I mean people in general).

Only when someone goes to the extreme does anyone really take notice and they sit back and say "oh my god. how could this happen" "we need to ban guns" "we need to do this" "we need to do that".

It's all for nothing. Gun laws don't stop criminals. People are still going to kill, rape, torture and generally be indecent human beings until the end of time. It just bothers me how much people will flood to the lives lost on mass public killings but the girl laying in the alley right now crying for her dad likely won't even make the news. Pople thrive off terrible things like todays news because it's not expected. Hearing about a guy getting killed for $20 wallet is extpected. Hearing about the good school girl going to a party and being raped by a boy is expected. Hear about elderly people being mistreated in what is supposed to be a safe place for them is also expected.
    But when a guy for no opnely apparent reason walks his sick ass into a theater and opens fire the world stands still.

Flame away.

Hi, Aaron. I'm not here to flame. I wasn't trying to stir up an argument with my post. I'm not sure if your second, third, and fourth paragraphs are directed at me. If they are, I think your devil's advocate comments are a little mis-directed, as I didn't make any of the statements you are refuting. What happened last night was terrible, but you're right, terrible things happen every day, in every corner of the world. Guess this one just hit a little closer to home since my wife and I knew people who were hurt and killed. Take care.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Reading a tweet of my girl's iPhone by CNN said that federal agents determined the weapons were purchased legally from Bass Pro shops and Gander Mountain.

I've already stopped reading most of the news come in on this, or really the comments, as they tend to be mostly left-wing ignorant comments. I will never understand how some people can so blatantly ignore the fact that someone with the intent to commit a crime will not follow laws to do so.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Outlaws can get guns anytime. I makes no difference if they are legal or not.

I'm sure those of us on this forum can agree on that... can't say the same for the left-minded individuals. I saw somewhere that the shooter is actually a registered Democrat. Has the news been talking about that at all?

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    Hi, Aaron. I'm not here to flame. I wasn't trying to stir up an argument with my post. I'm not sure if your second, third, and fourth paragraphs are directed at me. If they are, I think your devil's advocate comments are a little mis-directed, as I didn't make any of the statements you are refuting. What happened last night was terrible, but you're right, terrible things happen every day, in every corner of the world. Guess this one just hit a little closer to home since my wife and I knew people who were hurt and killed. Take care.

Oh, I wasn't directed to you at all. I was just generally saying.

keith_tx

Bit and Byte Wrangler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    League City
    I'm sure those of us on this forum can agree on that... can't say the same for the left-minded individuals. I saw somewhere that the shooter is actually a registered Democrat. Has the news been talking about that at all?

'course not. For a little while some news outlets (like ABC) were saying he was a tea party member. Most of those media outlets are looking for anything they can to turn this into a gun control issue and ultimately make Obama look good for the election. It's absolutely disgusting and it's absolutely what they're doing (e.g. see my post above regarding CNN, totally unnecessary for them to do what they did).

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robertmb3
    Top Bottom