• ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Why choose OC over concealed carry? OC
    just stirs up the sheep! We have the right to OC, I just don't see the necessity of exercis-ing that right.What's wrong with concealed carry?Why not put all our effort into getting concealed carry,without need of a license? If
    you want to OC, go to it,I just don't see any advantage over concealed carry.
    Damnit not again.

Were trying to expand rights here. They haven't introduced CC without CHL. Wait your turn.

OC is an expansion of rights. The government works slowly.
    ARJ Defense ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    so, if you hang a holster in your waistband and don't wear a belt your break the law?
    That's not what it says. In fact, it doesn't define (or I just missed it) "shoulder or belt holster." So if you have a holster with a slot for a belt, that's a belt holster, right? If that's the case, I don't see anything here that prevents you from taping it to your leg or wearing it on a string around your neck.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    They added A requirement you OC on belt or shoulder holster only. this level of micro-legislation is retarded.
    I see the requirement but I see NO requirement that said shoulder or belt holster must actually be attached to your person at the shoulder or belt line.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Maybe they're trying to prevent AR pistols from being slung up.
    Maybe. But the language, as I read it, doesn't prevent that. It just requires that the pistol be carried in a shoulder or belt holster.

Fine.

Someone will design a belt holster for AR pistols that does not interfere with the operation of the pistol. Put that on the pistol, then carry it via sling. As I read the text of the bill, that will satisfy the requirement to use a "shoulder or belt holster".

I spent a lot of years reading, interpreting, and acting on federal law for a living. I even wrote a couple of paragraphs, here and there. As I read it, the text of this bill does not require what people think it requires.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Maybe. But the language, as I read it, doesn't prevent that. It just requires that the pistol be carried in a shoulder or belt holster.

Fine.

Someone will design a belt holster for AR pistols that does not interfere with the operation of the pistol. Put that on the pistol, then carry it via sling. As I read the text of the bill, that will satisfy the requirement to use a "shoulder or belt holster".

Or a thigh rig. They have loops that attach to a belt.Sounds like a belt holster to me.

Of course, all this points out the problem with holster requirements. There are no real legal definitions for the different levels or types. It will only cause problems.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I'm pumped about getting a CHL badge!!!!!

/sarcasm

I'm gonna start selling these!

dumbassx.jpg

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    So when you talk about 3 point holsters is that a level 4 holster. I have a serpa Blackhawk
    That locks mine down mine reads lvl 3

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    People seem to be under the impression that requiring a pistol to be carried in a belt holster also requires the holster to be on the belt. I don't see that second requirement in the text of the bill.

If it's there, I hope someone will point it out to me so I can issue a mea culpa.

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    Hell, even the committee chair, Sen. Joan Huffman, a republican, was all in favor of 3 point retention or higher holsters.
    We have only a small handful of State Senators who are not RINO's. Huffman is not very good. This may be the most conservative senate in history. But its still pretty pathetic.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    As YG pointed out, there are no industry standards. Serpa could call it a level 8 holster if they wanted.
    And there is already an AR Hip holster on the market:
    S.A.R.R.P AR Holster - The Firearm Blog

Yes but regardless of what level the manufacturers call it, it's the number of retention features that the possible amendments will be addressing.

I think it's all over analyzing and won't be an issue. For now get a CHl and you'll be able to carry concealed or open as long as in a holster. Don't think it'll be ok outside of a holster is all they'll regulate.

Next step will be constitutional but for now I am gonna be happy with the first step.

Top Bottom