• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    itchin,

It's GOOD to remember that over 75% of modern Republicans in TX were once Democrats, until "the modern DIMocRATS" lost their collective minds & became LEFTIST RADICALS, KOOKS, PERVERTS & FOOLS.
    (As my uncle said, "I didn't leave the Dems; they left me.")

In 2015, WENDY DAVIS is considered to be a "moderate-conservative" in todays DIMocRAT Party.

yours, satx

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    SB 11 and SB 17 have been Placed on the intent calendar for Monday 02/23/2015

House is busy as well queuing these two companion bills.

HB 1649
    Relating to the transportation and storage of firearms and ammunition in private vehicles on the campuses of institutions of higher education.

HB 1651
    Relating to the authority of a person who is licensed to carry a handgun to openly carry a secured handgun; creating a criminal offense; providing penalties.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Most accurate, up to date, reliable. Same system that the Senate and House reps use to keep track of things. I use it to notify via email of any new bills, and updates to certain bills.
    Me too. I asked someone at the capitol. IF the Senate suspends their own rules they can actually vote next week.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Abbott has actually moved to the right on open carry. While campaigning he entertained campuses choosing to disallow. Now he says he will sign any open carry bill. Look for the real fight to be between Patrick and Straus. Everything Patrick has done is setting up a fight with Straus. I also believe Patrick pulled a shock jock stunt to rally the open carry troops. It went from not a priority to one of 2 bills on the intent calendar.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Either way, the bills can’t be considered on the floor until the 60th day of the session—which falls on March 13—unless Gov. Greg Abbott declares the gun bills an emergency priority. So there’s not a clear reason for the rush.

http://www.texasobserver.org/open-carry-campus-carry-pass-first-test/

Abbott didn't declare this as an emergency priority, see below.

http://gov.texas.gov/news/press-release/20556?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=20150220_txgov-p-5_messages_on_emergency_items_facebook&utm_content=txgov

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Either way, the bills can’t be considered on the floor until the 60th day of the session—which falls on March 13—unless Gov. Greg Abbott declares the gun bills an emergency priority. So there’s not a clear reason for the rush.

http://www.texasobserver.org/open-carry-campus-carry-pass-first-test/

Abbott didn't declare this as an emergency priority, see below.

http://gov.texas.gov/news/press-release/20556?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=20150220_txgov-p-5_messages_on_emergency_items_facebook&utm_content=txgov
    That was my understanding too but I asked a rep (I know this is Senate). He said they can vote to suspend their rules and vote before 60 days.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Abbott has actually moved to the right on open carry. While campaigning he entertained campuses choosing to disallow. Now he says he will sign any open carry bill. Look for the real fight to be between Patrick and Straus. Everything Patrick has done is setting up a fight with Straus. I also believe Patrick pulled a shock jock stunt to rally the open carry troops. It went from not a priority to one of 2 bills on the intent calendar.

This.....I think Patrick might be setting up Strauss to be the next Ann Richards....

....and it couldn't happen to a "nicer" guy.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Top Bottom