• Status
    Not open for further replies.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    > Those with a CHL will know much more than you with regard to legalities, simply as a prerequisite for holding the license.

I don't get the idea that 4 hours of training a few years ago makes anybody an expert on anything. I'm an expert on where volcanoes come from, but it took me 20 years of continuous intense study to get there, and dozens of original research articles that I wrote and published on the topic. And still there are plenty of things I don't know.

I know how to research a topic, think things through for myself and get advice from people who know more, but in the end I have to make up my own mind about these things.

So somebody show me where OC on campus after Jan 1st is banned by anything but University rules? After August 1, CC will be allowed on campus, while OC remains a rules infraction, not a crime.
    Your assumption is incorrect, professor.

My class was 10 hours and a final examination in 2008, yet I'm probably in the 98th percentile for knowledge of the law regarding carrying of a handgun.
    The reason for that is that people who have a CHL and carry a handgun daily must be experts, because, as is typical for Texas law, it's fraught with risks and minutiae.
    Unlike the study of volcanoes, Texas CHL law is understood with only a little difficulty.
    You can't be arrested for exposing your knowledge or volcanoes in public. Catch my drift?

EDIT:

Nevermind.

I see this guy already arrived in the thread:
    http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/856/704/8b2.jpg

Stick a fork in 'er, she's done Cap'n

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom