• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TheRedGoat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    canton
    I'll bite.

Leave off everything except "please keep your CHL status to yourself" or however you choose to word it.

Nothing else is really enforceable. It's already illegal to intentionally display a firearm for show and tell, campus carry won't change that. Saying it as if it is your policy will give the impression that you don't understand the law. No reason to state what CHL holders already know.

The rest about pretending firearms don't exist, it's just silly. Saying "anything else is a situation" could be interpreted as a veiled threat. Could make students feel as if that knowledge could unfairly effect their grades which would cause issues for the school.

Also, accidental or "negligent" exposure as you like to call it is also not illegal. The law states clearly that accidental exposure is not a crime. If you notice a shirt has ridden up, politely inform the person and they will fix it, and probably be a bit embarrassed.

Aside from that, just relax. You won't know who your CHL holders are anyways unless they have students who are curious about the application process and you overhear the conversation.

One more thing, "printing" isn't illegal. Plain view is illegal, but printing (seeing the outline of the gun through clothing) is not.

I feel I've given a good fair answer and would hope you might return the kindness.

Do you own or have experience with firearms?

Sent from my HAL 9000

Perfect reply.

TRG

TheRedGoat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    canton
    I'm a college professor. Guess what verbiage will be in my syllabus .... none.

Doesn't make any sense. It's almost the same a having a dress code in my syllabus.

Too many professors view the classroom as a fiefdom. It's easier to have fewer rules than it is to invent scenarios that might need 'a rule' to resolve.

TRG

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I'm a college professor. Guess what verbiage will be in my syllabus .... none.

Doesn't make any sense. It's almost the same a having a dress code in my syllabus.

Too many professors view the classroom as a fiefdom. It's easier to have fewer rules than it is to invent scenarios that might need 'a rule' to resolve.

TRG
    Right on!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    It looks like OP put himself in timeout due to responses that didn't fit his thought process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Classicd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    San Antonio
    As a student and CHL holder I don't believe there is anything that my instructors need to put in their syllabus regarding campus carry unless that classroom happens to be one of the designated "gun free zones". Even then, I am sure there will be signage posted at the entrance.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Mreed1911,

Seems to be a LOT of CONFUSED college administrators around these days. = Last night on the 6PM news on San Antonio WOAI-TV Channel 4, the President of St Phillips College stated in an interview that "---- the college leadership is trying to decide how to deal with LEGAL OPEN CARRY on our college campus in 2017."

One wonders if the TX Legislature should have simply passed CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY & let it go at that???

yours, satx

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Since it seems that many of the higher educated are so uneducated that they can't tell the difference......yeah.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

c.read

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    New Braunfels
    I truly don't understand anti gun advocates. Do they not understand statistics. The more guns are restricted the high the crime rate goes up, look at Chicago or DC. Look at crime rates of CHL holders.

This is truly a question I have. I don't understand how anyone can be so blind. There are things in politics that I don't agree with, but I at least understand where the opposition is coming from. But I don't see where anti gun people are coming from.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    c.read,

SIMPLE. = PREJUDICED people are BLINDED by their ignorant/self-righteous/STUPID pre-conceptions.

yours, satx

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This is truly a question I have. I don't understand how anyone can be so blind. There are things in politics that I don't agree with, but I at least understand where the opposition is coming from. But I don't see where anti gun people are coming from.
    They are either so emotionally twisted that they are blind to reason, or they genuinely want a disarmed populous for totalitarian reasons.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I truly don't understand anti gun advocates. Do they not understand statistics. The more guns are restricted the high the crime rate goes up, look at Chicago or DC. Look at crime rates of CHL holders.

For starters. Mostly urban dwellers, far removed from any sense of self reliance/sufficiency, to the point most would starve to death despite a coop full of chickens in their backyard, who operate solely on emotions, thereby convincing themselves they have a right to feel safe, and will consequently give up any freedom to foster that delusion.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Fear. Many already know the fear of a bully. A robber ain't much different. They don't know guns and fear the unknown more.
    Plus, it's easier to blame an object than to admit their own fears and ignorance.

from an idgit coffeeholic

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Progressives...they only want diversity in how people look not how people think.

They are scared of guns, and they are the best people out there, so all other good people should be scared of guns too.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If they can make as scared as they are, then they can lie to themselves and say an unreasonable fear of inanimate objects is normal. Until then, they are just ignorant pshycotics.

from an idgit coffeeholic

TK6411

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2015
    Somehow I managed to get through College without being baptized in liberalism. I do sometimes wonder how these profs can be so smart about the subjects they teach yet lack a very basic understanding of common sense. We all know how well those "Gun Free Zones" have worked in the past and won't work in the future. Criminals don't care about laws and Campus policy.

c.read

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    New Braunfels
    I always tell people we should put a law on the book about murdering people..... Oh wait that's the most serious law we have and if they will ignore that, they will ignore any law

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom