• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Show is closed today because of the shooting.

I don't want this to sound callous, but why was today's show canceled? I could understand if it happened inside the hall or as a result of something a vendor or the promoter did, but based on the article, I don't see how they could be at fault in any way.

There was a negligent discharge by a vendor INSIDE the Expo Center at a Saxet show a few years ago. They banned the vendor but didn't cancel the show.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    my guess is they closed the show because of the meda mad house that would have shown up filming all the "gun nuts". It would have been more bad press gun owners did not need Kudos to them for shutting it down.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    my guess is they closed the show because of the meda mad house that would have shown up filming all the "gun nuts". It would have been more bad press gun owners did not need Kudos to them for shutting it down.

I would rather that people would exercise some trigger discipline. But you are totally correct in this situation I think.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    I sold an AR, and bought a knife from JEarl... Left around 3:30, so I missed incident. I was getting ready to leave the house when I read my email saying it was cancelled. Sucks, for all parties... the Victim, may he rest in peace, and the dealers. And of course us! If you can't handle firearms in a safe manor, then you need to stay away from them. Don't F*$&K it up for the rest of us!! I love my new knife.. I will deal with him again for sure!

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I heard some info from my neighbor that witnessed the after events. Sad situation for everyone really.

I will note that before I handled a revolver that someone was offering to me in trade, I looked at the empty cylinders..twice. then dry fired it pointed in a safe direction...the ground.

I will also note that I sent a customer to Runner Runner. He came back around to show off his new billet "come and take it" lower.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I will note that before I handled a revolver that someone was offering to me in trade, I looked at the empty cylinders..twice. then dry fired it pointed in a safe direction...the ground.

Amen to that! "Trust but verify" is a mantra in my world!

From Premier...

The Austin Gun Show for Sunday June 29th will be closed to the public and has been rescheduled to August 2 & 3. Holders of prepaid tickets and Sunday Return Passes will be honored at any future Premier Gun Show event.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Im assuming so but there are still more questions than answers......that's the million dollar question, just shows how one moment of carelesness can cause serious damage/death !

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dang.. So it was a chl holder, I'm guessing.. Why the heck have your finger on the trigger?????

Not necessarily, since the Motorist Safety Act allows non-CHL holders to carry in their vehicles. Many people bring firearms into shows to sell, find ammo for, etc.

Either way, everyone should know to NEVER put your finger on the trigger until ready to shoot! I suspect it was a momentarily lapse of judgment, but unfortunately when it comes to firearms those can have fatal consequences as this one did.

That is why it is imperative to always fully focus on what you are doing when handling firearms, and never get distracted or become complacent no matter how experienced you are! Follow the basic rules of gun safety and such accidents will not occur!

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Not necessarily, since the Motorist Safety Act allows non-CHL holders to carry in their vehicles. Many people bring firearms into shows to sell, find ammo for, etc.

Either way, everyone should know to NEVER put your finger on the trigger until ready to shoot! I suspect it was a momentarily lapse of judgment, but unfortunately when it comes to firearms those can have fatal consequences as this one did.

That is why it is imperative to always fully focus on what you are doing when handling firearms, and never get distracted or become complacent no matter how experienced you are! Follow the basic rules of gun safety and such accidents will not occur!
    My hunters safety instructor always told me that he worried more about dads getting complacent than sons being careless!

Top Bottom