• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Dang.. So it was a chl holder, I'm guessing.. Why the heck have your finger on the trigger??????

So if it was a CHL holder, can we assume that he disarmed or unloaded his weapon due to the illegal/improper/unenforceable 30.06 signs posted on the Cedar Park Center and the LEO's there to enforce the unenforceable sign? Because if so, and the accident happened while he was loading what would have otherwise been an already loaded weapon but for his compliance with the illegal/improper/unenforceable sign, then perhaps the family of the victim has standing to sue whoever is responsible for posting the sign, so that maybe they won't be posted on government buildings anymore?

Just posting as food for thought. I'm not advocating the family do this, I'm not saying it's right, and I wouldn't do it. But this is exactly how the left gets the things it can't otherwise get.

Last edited:

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Story's on the Statesman's website now. Horribly and in all likelihood intentionally lacking in detail. No mention whatsoever of the circumstances of the tragedy. By all indications, this has NOTHING to do with the show. NOTHING. KXAN's 3 sentence blurb was infinitely more informative than this horsecrap.

Man dead after shooting at Cedar Park gun show | www.statesman.com

Cedar Park police are investigating a shooting at a gun show that left a man dead in the Cedar Park Center parking lot, event organizers said.
    The shooting took place just outside the Austin Gun Show around 5:30 p.m. Saturday, said Michelle Finucane, who organizes gun shows around the state with her husband Tim Finucane.
    Organizers of the event at Cedar Park Center released an official statement on the gun show website.
    “All of us here are deeply saddened by this tragic event,” they said in the statement. “Right now, there are more questions than answers, and we and our security department are doing everything possible to assist the Cedar Park Police Department in their investigation. We are prayerful for the immediate family and also for those who witnessed this. Very difficult.”
    After discussions with Finucane’s business, Premier Gun Shows, the gun show scheduled for Sunday was moved to Aug. 2-3, according to the statement.
    Cedar Park Police said they working on a press release with more information.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So if it was a CHL holder, can we assume that he disarmed or unloaded his weapon due to the illegal/improper/unenforceable 30.06 signs posted on the Cedar Park Center and the LEO's there to enforce the unenforceable sign? Because if so, and the accident happened while he was loading what would have otherwise been an already loaded weapon but for his compliance with the illegal/improper/unenforceable sign, then perhaps the family of the victim has standing to sue whoever is responsible for posting the sign, so that maybe they won't be posted on government buildings anymore?

Just posting as food for thought. I'm not advocating the family do this, I'm not saying it's right, and I wouldn't do it. But this is exactly how the left gets the things it can't otherwise get.

So, you'd rather have someone who is complacent in the handling of firearms inside a crowded gun show than out in their own vehicle?

And how do you think the media would cover this accident if it had occurred within the gun show?

Sorry, but I still agree with the restriction of loaded firearms at a gun show. As this tragic incident shows, there is always a danger when handling loaded firearms and had this individual done the same inside a show the results could have been even worse. I lost count of the number of times I have been muzzle swept by so-called firearms experts at gun shows, and even with 30.06 enforced I know there are some people who will still go in armed.

As this tragedy points out, even CHL holders cannot be trusted completely to properly handle a weapon.

And to even suggest that the show organizers are somehow responsible for this is ludicrous. It is such ridiculous ideas that lead to increased restrictions and other laws that work against the firearms community. There is one person to be blamed for the death and that is the person who shot the gun.

Last edited:

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    So, you'd rather have someone who is complacent in the handling of firearms inside a crowded gun show than out in their own vehicle?

And how do you think the media would cover this accident if it had occurred within the gun show?

Sorry, but I still agree with the restriction of loaded firearms at a gun show. As this tragic incident shows, there is always a danger when handling loaded firearms and had this individual done the same inside a show the results could have been even worse. I lost count of the number of times I have been muzzle swept by so-called firearms experts at gun shows, and even with 30.06 enforced I know there are some people who will still go in armed.

As this tragedy points out, even CHL holders cannot be trusted completely to properly handle a weapon.

And to even suggest that the show organizers are somehow responsible for this is ludicrous. It is such ridiculous ideas that lead to increased restrictions and other laws that work against the firearms community. There is one person to be blamed for the death and that is the person who shot the gun.

He wouldn't be handling it inside the show - concealed is concealed, in theory anyway. He was forced to unload because of the 30.06 sign, which shouldn't have been posted to begin with.

I know what you're saying, and I specifically said in my post I am not advocating this. I'm just pointing out what the left would do if they were in "our" shoes and wanted something changed. It's always somebody else's fault. Read the comments on those articles linked above.

Not to get off track, but my feelings on the 30.06 posting at shows has always been that if we want people to be restricted from carrying inside a show, then that should be a statutory exception. Right now it's not, Cedar Park Center is a government owned building, and therefore a 30.06 sign should not be allowed.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Did you get a chance to check out any CZ's?

I did. Checked one out at The Gun Store in CPT and some at the show. I do like them a lot. Ended up going with an M&P like I figured I sould. Blucore in RR had a big sale going. Shot it in IDPA today. I did surprisingly well on accuracy. Now I need to stop shooting each target three times to cut my time down.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

There is an excellent point here. Forcing people to upholster and then reholster is far less safe than just leaving the gun bolstered.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    There is an excellent point here. Forcing people to upholster and then reholster is far less safe than just leaving the gun bolstered.

He wouldn't be handling it inside the show - concealed is concealed, in theory anyway. He was forced to unload because of the 30.06 sign, which shouldn't have been posted to begin with.

I know what you're saying, and I specifically said in my post I am not advocating this. I'm just pointing out what the left would do if they were in "our" shoes and wanted something changed. It's always somebody else's fault. Read the comments on those articles linked above.

Not to get off track, but my feelings on the 30.06 posting at shows has always been that if we want people to be restricted from carrying inside a show, then that should be a statutory exception. Right now it's not, Cedar Park Center is a government owned building, and therefore a 30.06 sign should not be allowed.
    At the end of the day none of that matters, it APPEARS this is the result of a gun owner exhibiting negligent behavior with his firearm.....no amount of holstering, unholstering, reholstering or any other action will cause a discharge, pressing the trigger will. Whether or not the building should or shouldnt be 30.06 does not change that the gun 1. Never should have been pointed at someone he wasnt intending to destroy and 2. Never should have had the trigger pressed when it was not intended to be fired.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos

This is pretty darn close to what I've been thinking.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    probably about 100 other threads regarding 30.06 signs at gun shows. IMO we don't need another one.

I agree, we don't need another thread about whether or not gun shows in general should be posted and I apologize for starting down that trail earlier.

However, this particular show being posted may well be at least indirectly relevant to what happened here and that aspect of it needs to be discussed.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Did y'all see the guy selling powder 40 bucks for a pound!!
    I said nah I don't need it that bad.
    Sent from the moon

Ya unfortunately we see that turd a lot. I wish that "fat-stinky johnny come lately price gouger" would go out of buisness. Buying items at retail to put on his table for more money. No thanks. People remember gougers. When the flow of powder loosens up, he's going to loose his arse because no one will spend a dime with him and his company.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    cedar park gun show shooting

Has anyone posted anything on this forum about the accidental shooting
    at the cedar park gun show, on Saturday? And does anyone know any
    details? It kinda sounds like the fellow was putting his concealed weapon
    back on, or loading it.

Top Bottom