Venture Surplus ad

Cheaper Than Dirt Guns! New Store in Austin.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBaldOne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Round Rock(1431/IH35)
    Sorry to revive this old thread, but does anyone know why the CTD store in Round Rock is now closed???
    I never got a chance to go in and check it out and when I did last weekend there was a big Closed / out of business sign on the door, but I cant find any info about it closing anywhere?
    Target Sports

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Sorry to revive this old thread, but does anyone know why the CTD store in Round Rock is now closed???
    I never got a chance to go in and check it out and when I did last weekend there was a big Closed / out of business sign on the door, but I cant find any info about it closing anywhere?
    General douchebaggery on the part of CTD would be my thought.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    You didn't miss anything. I went in twice looking for a specific item to handle/fit and then ordered it elsewhere. Nice display of guns but terrible customer service and of course their "low" pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

When a business provides poor customer service and non-competitive pricing, it's bound to fail. That would be my guess - they sucked and had high prices. Note that BluCore, up that way, also closed. My guess there would be "not able to build enough of a market." It's hard to be in retail - at retail margins - without enough foot traffic, especially when you can get almost anything online (and cheaper) now.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    Unless you shop at GT Distributors like half the LEO's in town. I love that place...GREAT prices, unbeatable Customer Service, a great atmosphere of 'gun shop' meets 'tactical retail'. I've even found cheap prices online before then went into GT during one of their sales and found the items even cheaper... $11 30rd Magpul PMAG's!

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Unless you shop at GT Distributors like half the LEO's in town. I love that place...GREAT prices, unbeatable Customer Service, a great atmosphere of 'gun shop' meets 'tactical retail'. I've even found cheap prices online before then went into GT during one of their sales and found the items even cheaper... $11 30rd Magpul PMAG's!

Yep, I spend too much at GT's. Being able to take advantage of public safety pricing on firearms is a disadvantage. :)

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    When a business provides poor customer service and non-competitive pricing, it's bound to fail. That would be my guess - they sucked and had high prices. Note that BluCore, up that way, also closed. My guess there would be "not able to build enough of a market." It's hard to be in retail - at retail margins - without enough foot traffic, especially when you can get almost anything online (and cheaper) now.

I just spoke to BluCore in Colorado and they HOPE to have a full range/training facility in our area in the future...as of now, even your local phone call is routed to Colorado. So...no BluCore in any local presence as of now. Tough gig this gun business ;)

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Good! I went in once, lured by the promise of an ammo sale.\
    Frippin ridiculous prices on ammo. I did like all the eye candy - the shotgun display was absolutely the best I've ever seen with many British guns.
    All unaffordium of course.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    I managed to buy every possible utg part for my rifle during the 8 months that store was open.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441678449.865899.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts