Guns International

Cheaper Than Dirt Guns! New Store in Austin.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Just got back from there. Holy cow is all i can say. it's literally an all-things-guns supermarket.

Very odd pricing gimmicks. The part i was looking for was $5 more expensive in the store then on the website. I asked the guy about it and he showed me the kiosk up front - which gives me free shipping PLUS website price. Why would I spend $7 more ($5+tax) in store?

The place was packed and i was in a rush so i didnt get to take it all in. Spoke with a guy about their past price gouging and he said it really did not hurt their business but there are haters. Whatevs....

Overall, a very overwhelming store with just about anything you would need to build an AR, etc.
    ARJ Defense ad

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    im missing some small parts from a LPK i bought so i will bite the bullet and go today because i need to get this lower complete. will report back of my displeasure and if security had to remove me.
    There's other gun stores in Round Rock... Check Austin Gun Liquidators, Blue Core, or Cutting Edge first.

...or just drive down to GTs.

So im not a believer in grudges. I believe in redemption. What has CTD done to get right with the 2A community?
    They sure do sponsor a lot of shooting sports. I'm not sure I'd classified that as "getting right", tho. It's more marketing.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    There's other gun stores in Round Rock... Check Austin Gun Liquidators, Blue Core, or Cutting Edge first.

...or just drive down to GTs.

I got what i needed a few minutes from my house. works for me. GT's is too much of a hike...and temptation.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    Well, Shady, if you want to see IGNORE in copious quantities, go out to Cabelas, in Buda.
    Those folks have the market cornered on IGNORE! :)

Huh. I've never had that problem at Cabela's.

GT Distributors is also an AWESOME little gem; PMAG's are only $11 and prices on everything else seem to be about 1-3% less than internet pricing, plus they carry a boat load of gear and guns.

The only place where I was honestly blown away by REALLY HIGH prices was at Red's Indoor Range in Pflugerville. The same PMAG's were like $19+. I overheard another customer mention the high prices and the girl behind the counter responded with "Well, Red doesn't budge. You're either cheaper than us, or your not." Then all the others behind the counter chimed in laughing while the customer and myself walked out the front door. I'll use their range, but I won't buy a thing from them otherwise.

Otherwise, I was unaware of the boycott and the reasons behind it, but now that I know CTD won't get anotehr penny of mine. I used to buy from them, but then their prices just kept climbing and climbing, so now I use SGAmmo, BulkAmmo, or AmmunitiontoGo for ammo and Amazon Prime for most accessories.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    GT Distributors is an awesome place. Glad you found it. CTD tried to f'k everybody they can every time laws or politicians changed. Outrageous prices on ammo etc. Anybody who's been around guns for a while, hate them and would leave a steaming pile of crap on their doorstep instead of a purchase order.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    CTD? Never gonna darken their door again. Un-subscribed to emails. Toss catalogs in the trash. Pert soon they gonna go belly up if all their return business stops. Real easy to keep existing customers - just treat them right. Real expensive to generate new ones. If you lose all your repeat business, then you gotta charge high prices to pay for cost of advertising to get new faces in the door. Pert soon there ain't no new faces.... You done run 'em all off. Chapter 11 is next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I'm a poor black child, need ammo. But trust this unless they are the last place on earth.
    They won't get my money. Not after what happened

Top Bottom