Hurley's Gold

Cheaper Than Dirt Guns! New Store in Austin.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    On the Yelp app many could notice that I am the Duke of CTD in McKinney (most check-ins).

I go to kill time and LOL at their pricing and marketing. All of the decently knowledgable guys they had working there initially left long ago so there's not really anyone there I talk to (outside of customers and then I'm usually recommending other stores or products CTD doesn't carry).

Sad fact of the matter is that when my wife is wanting to shop at Target (an outright unapologetic leftist company), CTD wins for me.

I have not spent a dime in any of their stores or online sites since sometime in 2010 - 2011. Prior to the nuttiness they still rarely had anything I needed and Academy and others consistently beat them in price. After the knowledgable guys (recently returned Iraq/Afghanistan vets mostly) left there was no one there whose opinions on what I should buy I cared about listening to. So when the insanity hit I was already used to not spending money there.

But I still go in from time to time for the reasons stated herein.
    Hurley's Gold

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Whew! Seems like an awful lotta folks tellin other folks how they oughta act and where they should spend their money. I think most of us are old enough to have our own opinions about these things.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Whew! Seems like an awful lotta folks tellin other folks how they oughta act and where they should spend their money. I think most of us are old enough to have our own opinions about these things.

Tell us your opinion on CTD.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)

to me it seems like there are a never ending supply of newbs who blindly spill their hard earned money into shit companies. It's a friendly reminder is all.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    to me it seems like there are a never ending supply of newbs who blindly spill their hard earned money into shit companies. It's a friendly reminder is all.
    This. Because if I was a noob I would want to know.

Go there and spend every dime you have. No skin off my back. Just be warned about who you are dealing with.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Not disagreeing that they were guilty of gouging, but so were a lot of other businesses and even individuals...
    What he said!

They took advantage of a situation and because of it I will never spend a dime there....but that doesnt mean I can't go wander around. Plus, what better way to help newbs then to tell the ones at CTD they should go elsewhere in person!?

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Right by my job.... Should go there, put a bunch of crap in my cart, go up to checkout and just leave it there and go.

i remenber the gouging.... I took this screen capture a few days after king barrack the 1st was crowned.

ctd.jpg

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    That Wolf ammo is very mild example. Had they stopped there, I probably wouldn't be boycotting them.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

^^^ This is how they have survived in a sea of competition. Their name alone gets the "low information shoppers" that are somewhat newbs to shooting. I have heard (more than once) a group of these LIS's all chant the CTD name and say that that is the place to go. Scary how drone like they are. Much like Libtards that chant the phrases CNN say on their TV. Those are the ones you just walk away from since any good information sent their way would interrupt their high on stupidity.

Either way CTD is a shit ass company that has sold out the very people that hold the business up on multiple occasions with no apologies.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Not disagreeing that they were guilty of gouging, but so were a lot of other businesses and even individuals...
    I don't really have that big of an issue with the "gouging" because it's the buyer's prerogative if they want to pay stupid prices for something or not. I do take issue with the canceling of orders and telling people to re-order at the new higher price.

More important is this BS:
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/...heaper-than-dirt-supports-toomey-manchin.html

...and this:
    CheaperThanDirt Starts Selling Guns Again-But Not ARs - The Truth About Guns

They are a bunch of kowtowing Fudds with questionable business practices.

Last edited:

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Stopped there today and wandered the aisles. LOTS of guns, LOTS of ammo, but nothing that I would call cheap! Prices seemed at the best average retail, at the worst higher. Only this, it "could" be the place to go if you gotta have it today.

Top Bottom