• 1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    I realize that this is hard for you over-amped macho types, but, chili without beans is spiced up beef and broth (hotdog sauce). Good on mashed taters. My award-winning turkey chili has 3 different beans: kidney beans, chili beans and pinto beans. It’s so good that it will make you shit and squeal like a seagull with a french frie. It’s even good cold. No beans takes the fun and flavor out of chili. It’s not funny when the grandkids get stuck with a silent finger pull.
    My award-winning turkey chili
    What awards and where has it won?
    Capitol Armory ad

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Now, now..

Yinz gonna be a calliN' us naMes...

Do it riGhT!

Its............DAMMYANKEEZ!

I been usin' the same itty-bitty can o beans to make CHILI fer years...

I make up a pot o chili...venison, beef, pork...onion, peppers to suit, maters...some seasonin'...n such...

I take the can o beans ouT the cupBoArd.....waVes it over the fool pot!

Serve it up over some hot dogs with more ONION and a slice o cheeze on top...

Cole slaw (made w/RED CABBAGE) on the side...

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    What awards and where has it won?
    It won the Greatest Chili in the World Award in Cypress Texas (awarded by myself as I couldn’t get any participants that day). It won the Mobil Drilling Best Chili Cookoff in 1997 on a jackup rig off the coast of Nigeria. It won the Tuesday Chili Contest during our 2021 neighborhood garage sale. So, put that in yer pipe and smoke it!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I never understood the chili and beans argument. I grew up in a Mexican household so pinto beans were always plentiful. If mom made chilli with beans nobody's going to bitch about beans in the chilli. Plus it was great tasting with beans so I don't get the fuss.

Comes down to purity of the product. Some stuff gets regionalized / americanized - chili is one such food. Authenitic chili Colorado has no beans. It also does not used ground meat, instead it uses chunks of meat. Same for chili con carne.

No doubt beans got added as a filler to make meat, which has always been something that has been expensive - either via money, time, or energy expended - last longer. Beans have always been relatively cheap, same for rice, corn, and other grains that get added to various foods.

I'll eat chili with or without beans. As a kid I hated beans for some reason - to me, back then, as a kid who never heard of the battle over beans or no beans in chili - it just came down to me not liking beans (I think, looking back, it was because I was forced once to eat shitty canned "baked beans" - I loathe baked beans from a can to this day, and would not under any circumstances eat them until I came upon a recipe for home made baked beans and made them myself. I still will not eat canned baked beans because they're all trash, even the "good" ones people have recommended. Its homemade or naught for me, in regards to baked beans.

I do draw the line at adding pasta to chili. That shit is just weirder than three tranny truckers circle jerking in a Love's parking lot to me. I'm not saying that putting spaghetti noodles in your chili will make you gay, but I'm not saying it won't either.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    While up in Washington I heard of white chili.

My Gawd.

Aah, Washington State? Did you stop at a Shari's restuarant by chance? One of their regular "soups" is white-bean chicken chili, and it is white as the driven snow. Its also not terrible, but its not spicy, and I would not honestly call it chili. Its fuckin chicken & bean soup to me.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Top Bottom