• ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    …and then you have this.

Interesting to have chili with chocolate as an ingredient. People seem to like it, so perhaps one day I may try it
    Don’t. It’s nasty. Skyline is the restaurant chain that serves up that trash. And it’s served over spaghetti noodles. It’s like eating a bowl of sacrilege topped with unholiness.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    Aah, Washington State? Did you stop at a Shari's restuarant by chance? One of their regular "soups" is white-bean chicken chili, and it is white as the driven snow. Its also not terrible, but its not spicy, and I would not honestly call it chili. Its fuckin chicken & bean soup to me.

Lived half a block and later a few from a Shari’s.

I only ate breakfast there.

Seattle was pretty much a food desert for me. Decent Vietnamese, Thai, and such.

Wanted a ham to round out Christmas dinner one year. Went to eight grocery chains, no joy, until I found an Albertsons.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Aah, Washington State? Did you stop at a Shari's restuarant by chance? One of their regular "soups" is white-bean chicken chili, and it is white as the driven snow. Its also not terrible, but its not spicy, and I would not honestly call it chili. Its fuckin chicken & bean soup to me.
    What would anyone in Washington know about chili?

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I never understood the chili and beans argument. I grew up in a Mexican household so pinto beans were always plentiful. If mom made chilli with beans nobody's going to bitch about beans in the chilli. Plus it was great tasting with beans so I don't get the fuss.
    There is chili...

And there is chili with beans...

Chili doesn't have beans...

Simple!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    What would anyone in Washington know about chili?

Well, there's a few there that do - usually either Mexicans or transplanted Texans, or at least relatives of such or people who like to stay true to the origins of a dish.

There's a lot of Mexicans in Oregon and Washington. There was only ONE place I knew of that made beanless chili - it was the favorite Mexican eatery of my wife and I before they shut down (owners retired, no one wanted to buy the place from them, maybe for the best so as not to tarnish the place's rep)

They made Chili Colorado using steak. You could get it with a side of tortillas if you wanted, but usually it just came in a bowl. You had to ask for onions or cheese if that was your thing. Some days I just wanted it straight, others I'd have them add cheese and onions. They also made a burrito with it as the main filling.

They were also one of the only places you could get good enchiladas near our home.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I realize that this is hard for you over-amped macho types, but, chili without beans is spiced up beef and broth (hotdog sauce). Good on mashed taters. My award-winning turkey chili has 3 different beans: kidney beans, chili beans and pinto beans. It’s so good that it will make you shit and squeal like a seagull with a french frie. It’s even good cold. No beans takes the fun and flavor out of chili. It’s not funny when the grandkids get stuck with a silent finger pull.
    Coming out post?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    While up in Washington I heard of white chili.

My Gawd.
    1664128402487.gif

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Well, there's a few there that do - usually either Mexicans or transplanted Texans, or at least relatives of such or people who like to stay true to the origins of a dish.

There's a lot of Mexicans in Oregon and Washington. There was only ONE place I knew of that made beanless chili - it was the favorite Mexican eatery of my wife and I before they shut down (owners retired, no one wanted to buy the place from them, maybe for the best so as not to tarnish the place's rep)

They made Chili Colorado using steak. You could get it with a side of tortillas if you wanted, but usually it just came in a bowl. You had to ask for onions or cheese if that was your thing. Some days I just wanted it straight, others I'd have them add cheese and onions. They also made a burrito with it as the main filling.

They were also one of the only places you could get good enchiladas near our home.
    Just for eating, I prefer carne guisada to chile con carne...

I've never had enchiladas served with 'chile with beans', but I expect to see beans next to my enchiladas that are covered with chile..., unless they are some other sort of enchilada, like enchiladas verde.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Just for eating, I prefer carne guisada to chile con carne...

I've never had enchiladas served with 'chile with beans', but I expect to see beans next to my enchiladas that are covered with chile..., unless they are some other sort of enchilada, like enchiladas verde.

Maybe a misunderstanding - their enchiladas didn't have chili in them. They were just the only place you could not only find good authentic Chili Colorado, but they were the only joint that had GOOD enchiladas on the menu.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Lived half a block and later a few from a Shari’s.

I only ate breakfast there.

Seattle was pretty much a food desert for me. Decent Vietnamese, Thai, and such.

Wanted a ham to round out Christmas dinner one year. Went to eight grocery chains, no joy, until I found an Albertsons.
    Up in Snohomish County, we ate venison chili. Both whitetails and muleys.

Top Bottom