click it or ticket season?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DCortez, May 20, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Saw lots of cops today, out standing around instead of driving. Is it click it or ticket season?

When you can't tax em, fine em.:mad0025:

2. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Yep that magical weekend is coming!
    The are just getting warmed up!!

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Ah. Oh well, I wear mine.

4. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Same time every year.....Memorial Day and Labor Day. Easy way to avoid the ticket is to click it.

5. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Does anyone not wear their seat belt? I find my self putting it on just to back the car out of the garage. Feel odd with it off.

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    +1

Just like putting the car in Drive.

7. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    My dad wasn't the night his patrol car flipped on 2243. He would have been killed in the wreck had he been wearing his seat belt. OR at least that is what I was told by the guys my dad worked with. I've seen the dash cam vid from the first responding officer, it was not comforting to look at his car.

Seat belts should be an option there is no "public" safety issue, the life at stake is your own. I relate it to saying that guns kill people all by themselves. So I click it, I don't want to but I do. That is was counts I guess.

8. dee

dee Well-Known

Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I wear mine everytime I get into a vehicle. As for people who don't that is their personal choice its just like the not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle.

9. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I always wear mine, like putting on deodorant before leaving the house :rofl:

I had a bad rollover years ago. I was wearing my seat belt. I got tired of answering the question after wards "Were you wearing your seat belt?". What the heck do you think? It's the law, it's what I was taught, of course I was.

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Active Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    STEP. Selective Traffic Enforcement Program. State/Federal grant funds for OT to enforce specific laws. Speeding, seat belts, DWI are the big three. Hey it's "free Federal money"!