• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Evidence? I see no evidence that these rifles are any better than Colt? It's your opinion. I see evidence that some are cheaper. I'll stick with what I like and know are reliable out of the box and have the history that backs it up. Put those rifles in the hands of soldiers in combat for the next 11 years and then we will talk evidence. You are entitled to purchase more budget friendly rifles as I am entitled to purchase my Colts.
    ARJ Defense ad

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Evidence? I see no evidence that these rifles are any better than Colt? It's your opinion. I see evidence that some are cheaper. I'll stick with what I like and know are reliable out of the box and have the history that backs it up. Put those rifles in the hands of soldiers in combat for the next 11 years and then we will talk evidence. You are entitled to purchase more budget friendly rifles as I am entitled to purchase my Colts.

You get more for less, and the parts used in those rifles are at the very LEAST as good as Colt's parts. That is not an opinion, that is a fact whether you want to acknowledge it as one or not. You are entitled to an opinion and to like/buy any gun you want, but when you come on here and start spouting off that X is better than Y for the price, and that nothing else compares (don't even try to claim you didn't claim that), then don't get upset when people call you on that BS. If you have a problem with my post that lists the features of cheaper rifles and states why they are just as good if not better than Colt for a lesser price, then please by all means tell us what specifically you have a problem with and explain to us why Colt is a better (accuracy, reliability, and performance) rifle than those cheaper guns. We shouldn't have to ask you 50 times to answer that if you are so sure that Colt is better for the price. If you can't answer it, just be honest and admit that you don't have any rational reason as to why you think Colt is better for the price other than that you just like it.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    I said Colt is better for me for the price, proven, tested, history and resale. I know they make the rifle true to the TDP and I have history with the rifles for over 30 years of shooting and owning them. And yes, those features you point out that are supposedly better are indeed your opinion. Not everyone will agree with you. Unless you have data that shows real world hard use ie combat, then it is all speculation. We will never agree so why continue?

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I said Colt is better for me for the price. I know they make the rifle true to the TDP and I have history with the rifles for over 30 years of shooting and owning them. And yes, those features you point out that are supposedly better are indeed your opinion. Not everyone will agree with you. Unless you have data that shows real world hard use ie combat, then it is all speculation. We will never agree so why continue?

If you have a problem with my post that lists the features of cheaper rifles and states why they are just as good if not better than Colt for a lesser price, then please by all means tell us what specifically you have a problem with and explain to us why Colt is a better (accuracy, reliability, and performance) rifle than those cheaper guns.

Not interested in hearing anything but this ^

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Jeesh you dont get it. I asked what was better for the price and I got your opinion. I never said Colt was better than brand Y, that's what your mind is telling you so you can argue. How can you compare any rifle that has not seen years and years of combat in the reliability and durability department? Regardless of what you say it's not apples to apples.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    How can you compare any rifle that has not seen years and years of combat in the reliability and durability department? Regardless of what you say it's not apples to apples.

Because it's the same basic rifle. You don't seem to be getting that. It doesn't matter who makes it, as long as it's made to a specific specification and made well, then it will work just the same. Colt parts work in brand X's guns, which work in brand Y's guns, and vice versa.

Do I need to post the question again?

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Not sure if this changes anything for anyone. My Colt has a BCM charging handle and B5 SOPMOD stock. Also, some aftermarket sling attachments. It is not all off the shelf Colt.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Is yours?

There's not a brand of AR that I fanboy over, and there's not one that I hate. There are some that I see as lower quality, and some I see as top tier, but Colt doesn't fall into either of those categories. Most AR makers don't. For those AR makers, most of their parts are not special. They are run of the mill, "milspec" parts, and Colt is no different. It is the same design, the same quality, and the same gun. To think otherwise is to be delusional. The difference is that most of those makers don't try to charge $1000 for a bare bones basic AR-15.

Are you going to answer the question, or just keep playing games? Is your opinion based on facts, or just plain "I like it just because I do" bias? (which is perfectly fine)

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Because it's the same basic rifle. You don't seem to be getting that. It doesn't matter who makes it, as long as it's made to a specific specification and made well, then it will work just the same. Colt parts work in brand X's guns, which work in brand Y's guns, and vice versa.

Do I need to post the question again?
    Is your opinion based on facts, or just plain "I like it just because I do" bias? (which is perfectly fine)

I told you, Colt rifles are combat tested over many many years. They still follow the TDP when they build their rifles. To me that has value, I dont understand why that is so hard for you to except as there are many people that feel the same way. You either like Colt or you dont. Add the history both theirs and I have had ( meaning zero issues) yes Colt is the better rifle for me. Is that biased, maybe so but it wont change anything.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Not sure if this changes anything for anyone. My Colt has a BCM charging handle and B5 SOPMOD stock. Also, some aftermarket sling attachments. It is not all off the shelf Colt.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's all good cause it's still got the Colt goodness.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I told you, Colt rifles are combat tested over many many years. They still follow the TDP when they build their rifles.

Again, the AR-15/M16/M4 design is combat tested. Not just Colt made guns. Pick an AR set up like an M4 from any decent manufacturer, and it will perform just as well as any Colt. If you want to believe that Colt having a military contract somehow makes them better guns and gives them greater value, go right ahead. You're in the minority on that one as evident by their failure to compete in the civilian market. Their market share has been declining for years.

Is that biased, maybe so but it wont change anything.

Bias is fine as long as you acknowledge that you're bias. I'm biased about plenty.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Again, the AR-15/M16/M4 design is combat tested. Not just Colt made guns. Pick an AR set up like an M4 from any decent manufacturer, and it will perform just as well as any Colt. If you want to believe that Colt having a military contract somehow makes them better guns and gives them greater value, go right ahead. You're in the minority on that one as evident by their failure to compete in the civilian market. Their market share has been declining for years.

Bias is fine as long as you acknowledge that you're bias.

So be it.

Top Bottom