• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My point is that the M4, although developed by Colt, was granted manufacturing rights by the U.S. government to many companies much like the 1911. Doesn't make them copies, unless you want to say that your Colt M4 is an M4gery, unless yours is selective fire.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    My point is that the M4, although developed by Colt, was granted manufacturing rights by the U.S. government to many companies much like the 1911. Doesn't make them copies, unless you want to say that your Colt M4 is an M4gery, unless yours is selective fire.

Jeesh ok. Semantics

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    E

My point is who in your opinion makes a better M4 than Colt and why? I'm always about bang for buck.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    No, I am one of those that like to hear factual data when people bash a certain brand of rifle when I know it's all BS : )

P.S. Also, I do believe that the testing involved in selecting said weapons does have some merit. I am a big Beretta 92 and Sig P226 fan for a reason.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The term "fine weapon" is bashing? For what it is at the cost it is, Colt is a fine weapon. Not the best in terms of performance, but still a fine weapon. There are many reasons for the government to choose a weapon, cost is one of them. If it performs to the military's minimum standards is another one. Also, some shadier reasons (politics).

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    We had an Colt M4 on the shelf when this latest news came out......wife told me to take it off the shelf and just keep it......lol...who am I to argue?

Really though, I am a Colt snob.....

Top Bottom