• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area?
    Yes I do.
    2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum?
    Basic how-to mods (trigger jobs, etc.)
    3.) What would you like to see added to the forum?
    A family oriented section. Something I could post or read posts of Texas based things to do with my family outside of guns. It would make it so I don't have to look outside of TGT at all...LOL
    4.) What is the worst part of the forum?
    I don't really have anything to complain about. I think if you get rid of all of the "whining" and little "arguments" that occur, you'll take away much of what makes this site so real. We all have our opinions and whines, but if someone doesn't want to read it it, they can just close the tab and not read it.
    5.) What is a charity in Texas that you'd like to see us support?
    Alright, I'm gonna take a different POV just because I can....lol I think that if you wish to do charity collections, it should be something that is outside of the gun realm. If you want to make progress in 2A rights, the best way is to start showing those people who are not necessarily por- or anti- 2A that we gun owners care about other topics too, be it cancer, drunk driving, or even our own member's causes (i/e Iratollah's [url]http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/politics-sponsored-dcortez/8223-my-billboards-up.html[/URL])

Lastly, if we do another run of T-Shirts, would you be interested in buying one? The last run was $13 / shirt. I need to know approx. how many we will be needing.
    Absolutely, I would most definitely buy atleast 3.
    ARJ Defense ad

dadoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Alright guys and gals. It's time to get some more feedback on how we can improve the site. Here's some questions for you, and feel free to add your own comments.

1.) Yes. Makes it easier to find events

2.) I like what you have now

3.) can't think of anything new

4.) Not enough hours to read it all

5.) don't know, I'll get back to you.

ConnRadd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Angleton, Tx
    I'm still fairly new to the TGT... I've may have missed this, but maybe have a sticky to show schedules to some of the popular gun shows. As well, a way to rate (by vote) the shows afterwards. There are certain gun shows that are good to goto and others are a waste, IMO...

This might lead into having gun shows and dealers sponsor on this forum. Having a banner popping up for a week or two before the show, promoting the gun show and dealers booth number... Just a thought.

$13 for T-Shirt, I'm in for an XL...

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    Alright guys and gals. It's time to get some more feedback on how we can improve the site. Here's some questions for you, and feel free to add your own comments.

1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area?
    2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum?

Lastly, if we do another run of T-Shirts, would you be interested in buying one? The last run was $13 / shirt. I need to know approx. how many we will be needing.

1. Yes. It allows people who live near each other to easily communicate with their neighbors.

3. I would like to see different firearms breakdowns and common improvements and repairs.

4. I would like to see something along the lines of, "True Tales of Self Defense"

5. I would like to see TGT support the Texas State Rifle Association and the NAtional Rifle Association.

And yes I would be interested in purchasing a Tshirt. :patriot:

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area? I do, makes it easier to see whats going on where

2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum? There seems to be alot of questions regarding cleaning of handguns, how to and how often, might be a good section and maybe a video of a few different types of handguns or long guns.

3.) What would you like to see added to the forum? no clue

4.) What is the worst part of the forum? can't say there is anything I just don't like

5.) What is a charity in Texas that you'd like to see us support? Looking for one

Lastly, if we do another run of T-Shirts, would you be interested in buying one? The last run was $13 / shirt. I need to know approx. how many we will be needing

Would like 2 shirts please, maybe 3 0r 4 if we can get kids sizes too

keep up the good work

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'm good with everything the way it is.
    I like the Hometown stuff.
    I would like to second the ammo thread idea.
    I don't know many charity's.
    I would be down for a shirt (2X) and ball cap. Unless the ball cap has those metal slide things on the back I hate those, velcro is good tho.
    Keep up the good work Admin you're doing great!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Unless the ball cap has those metal slide things on the back I hate those,

Me too! + 100000000000000000000000

I cannot adjust those caps small enough to fit my girl head so the caps stay loose and flappy and then I don't wear them. Velcro is better but best (although they break!) are the traditional plastic peg & hole strap. Kids sized caps work for me so I can adjust them big.

Starker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    The High Ground of Texas

Everything I can think of has been covered here.

Is there something missing?

You mean there's a bad part? Where?

I like the idea of TSRA or GM's suggestion.

Ummm, yeah! If you have more than one design, I might buy more than one.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    TGT does support the TSRA a bit. Alan advertises TGT on the TSRA's website and they in turn send him a nice bill....LOL

nickro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Houston
    1.) I do like that the sections are broken down makes things simpler.
    2.) Um dunno about this, I'm new and still haven't looked over whole site just yet, but so far so good.
    3.) Not sure. I like the "True Tales of Self Defense" idea.
    4.)So far I haven't found anything I don't like. I'll keep looking though.
    5.) Um well I think it should be gun related in some way. If there is a gun related charity, does the NRA count? Although GM.Chief made a good point.

Yes I would definatly buy a t-shirt if they were available.

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area? Yes, good addition!
    2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum? Yes on a reloading line, maybe broken down by rifle, pistol, and shotgun.
    3.) What would you like to see added to the forum? Uhh.....
    4.) What is the worst part of the forum? Uhh....
    5.) What is a charity in Texas that you'd like to see us support? Probably one of the few common interests we all share here is support for 2A, shooting, etc. I would go along with supporting TSRA, NRA, etc.

Lastly, if we do another run of T-Shirts, would you be interested in buying one? The last run was $13 / shirt. I need to know approx. how many we will be needing. I'd love to have a TGT tshirt (as long as it was something I could wear in public!). I'll be needing two.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area? Yes

2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum? Gun cleaning, repair, etc. YouTube is okay, but not great.

3.) What would you like to see added to the forum? Black gun. Give revolvers and semi their own section too.

4.) What is the worst part of the forum? May be time to break out another box of Midol.

5.) What is a charity in Texas that you'd like to see us support? The DCortez Ammo Fund. Other than that, it seems covered.

4, maybe as many as 8

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    As far as a "charity", I'd like to see money go to either TSRA or NRA. I'm very fond of NRA because they were extremely effective in CA and they work closely with the people at calguns.net.

Then again, I think the Calguns Foundation is a 501(c)(3) now, and they're on the front line for the incorporation fight. They actually managed to get incorporation in the 9th Circuit.

Pretty sure that NRA-ILA is a 501(c)(3), too.

Libertarian_Longhorn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    First off, I don't post a whole lot, but I do visit the site daily and have been doing so even before I joined

YES
    Maybe some how-to's for the begginners, clearing a FTE FTF and things of that sort
    3.) What would you like to see added to the forum
    A Bio on the guys who started the forum
    NONE
    The local Brady Campaign chapter, please donate a couple pounds of C4 and nails packed in a pipe.

and yes, i'd like a shirt

soconor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Central Texas
    1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area? Yes
    2.) What are some good articles you'd like to see on the forum? Upgrading and add on parts for firearms
    3.) What would you like to see added to the forum? I'm new and am still pouring over the threads.
    4.) What is the worst part of the forum? Haven't really found one yet.
    5.) What is a charity in Texas that you'd like to see us support? Sunshine Kids.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Yes, for obvious reasons!

NFA related stuff. We talked about that.

I cannot really think of anything in particular.

I have not found anything that annoys me very much.

I would like to be able to drop image and video links into the posts without using the image or video button.

TSRA - I understand that they do not seem to have a presence here, but all TSRA emembers shoudl start bugging the hell out of TSRA to get them on this website.

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    I like the hometown section - there are a couple of threads on the DFW one right now about a monthly get-together and a possible dove hunt, and I am looking forward to meeting some of the other folks on the site.
    I'm pretty new to the site, so I'm not sure if there's something here already, but I'd like to see information and discussion on WWII era guns like Mausers and M1's. It would be fun to compare notes and get more information from other collectors and fans. I'd also like a "connection" string where people can put together hunting and fishing trips, and the like. That's probably a good function of the hometown section.
    I don't have any real complaints, except that a few folks get really fired up about some political topics. I understand, I really do, but please remember that on a site like this, you're mostly preaching to the choir.
    As far as a charity goes, I agree with the others that say we need to do what we can for the kids. Maybe we could look at a competition between members in the various parts of the state to have fund raisers or projects like "Take a kid hunting" or "... fishing" or "... target shooting"
    I missed the t-shirts last time, but put me down for one in 2X, hopefully in Aggie Maroon!

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    The only comment I have about the forums is we are light on membership. How about a membership drive of some kind? Another forum I frequent in CA has a lot more members. More members = more fun.

dt300mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Austin
    1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area? - yep, good way for folks close to each other to get together
    2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum? - some factual information from the FBI 2008 crime report. Great stuff for those conversations with folks that believe the dribble from the likes of both Clintons, Sarah Brady etc.
    3.) What would you like to see added to the forum? - nothing comes to mind right now
    4.) What is the worst part of the forum? - the language of some folks that seem to get off using .uck every chance they get. Like in the middle of a sentence that has just normal chatter, then they throw in a .uck. I know people like that. They same ones that think they are really something using profanity in front of women. My 13 year old son & I USED to sit together & read the posts here. It just degrades EVERYONE here, is not needed. So I have heart felt pity for those that need such opportunities to feel big, or whatever it does for them, and I'm quite sure they know who they are. If it's just me, please never mind. I'll survive
    5.) What is a charity in Texas that you'd like to see us support? - anything or anyone that directly supports our troops

Top Bottom