• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    So you mean specifically a way to search through the member list...which would only work if people listed were they are from...which they are not required to do and so many do not.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Naw, thats me, but the hometown forum does not give a list of members of a certain location, like Hel Paso.

That way, you could just look on a list and send a PM to all of those people.

Myself and Acetone are gonna shoot this weekend and wanted to invite others in El Paso. We found a couple in hometown, but would have been nice to have a complete list , by location. This way, if people don't read the events thread or hometown, that we could set something up Some people don't post in hometown, and unless you go through ALL the posts, you're out of luck.

Thanks

What you can do is start an El Paso thread and folks can check in. From there you Friend the group. We have a DFW friends group, you can start the same for your area

If you're going shooting, announce it - time date, location and invite others.

That's how we have been able to establish the other area groups.

Someone has to be the one to start it, so, for your area, you're one of the few. Might as well start it!

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    So you mean specifically a way to search through the member list...which would only work if people listed were they are from...which they are not required to do and so many do not.

YES,, that is EXACTLY what I mean. If you DON"T list your location, then fine. If you list your location sa BFE , thats fine too. But if you do list your location as a major metro location, then you would be on the list.

If people wanted to , they could EDIT their location to the closest metro area. That way, when an event or local shoot happens, they would be included.

My bad ! It was just an idea. Maybe a therad could be added asking if people WANTED to be on the list for their local area and then they could put themselves on said list, with no work for TGT to do.

Like I said, just an idea

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    YES,, that is EXACTLY what I mean. If you DON"T list your location, then fine. If you list your location sa BFE , thats fine too. But if you do list your location as a major metro location, then you would be on the list.

If people wanted to , they could EDIT their location to the closest metro area. That way, when an event or local shoot happens, they would be included.

My bad ! It was just an idea. Maybe a therad could be added asking if people WANTED to be on the list for their local area and then they could put themselves on said list, with no work for TGT to do.

Like I said, just an idea

Idea heard. We've addressed this before. That's why you're hearing what we've done in order to compensate for this :)

Don't get yourself worked up

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    What you can do is start an El Paso thread and folks can check in. From there you Friend the group. We have a DFW friends group, you can start the same for your area

If you're going shooting, announce it - time date, location and invite others.

That's how we have been able to establish the other area groups.

Someone has to be the one to start it, so, for your area, you're one of the few. Might as well start it!

Okay, I'll bite. Where do I set up this "EL PASO " thread ? Hell, I ain't ascared !

thesilent1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Huntsville, TX
    1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area?
    yes
    2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum?
    N/A
    3.) What would you like to see added to the forum?
    havent been on yet
    4.) What is the worst part of the forum?
    N/A
    5.) What is a charity in Texas that you'd like to see us support?
    Not sure
    Lastly, if we do another run of T-Shirts, would you be interested in buying one? The last run was $13 / shirt. I need to know approx. how many we will be needing.
    I would like one XL or XXL

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

New members, and anyone that changes their profile, has to put something into the location field. That's the most I can do in regards to that.

The forum has always had an advanced member search options: Texas Gun Talk - Members List - Search

Deuce Coupe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Livingston
    Alright guys and gals. It's time to get some more feedback on how we can improve the site. Here's some questions for you, and feel free to add your own comments.

1.) Do you like the new Hometown section with the events broken down into major metro area?
    Just joined - NO Comment

2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum?
    DIY Articles

3.) What would you like to see added to the forum?
    Anything that supports the stopping of HR 45
    4.) What is the worst part of the forum?
    ??
    5.) What is a charity in Texas that you'd like to see us support?
    Be an Angel - see AM 700 KSEV web page

Lastly, if we do another run of T-Shirts, would you be interested in buying one? The last run was $13 / shirt. I need to know approx. how many we will be needing.
    Need one large

Patriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Paris
    Hey Y'all

Just joined and like what I see so far. Can't comment much 'cause I have no opinions on what's good, bad, needs improvement or wish y'all had.

Ruger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Houston
    1. Yes, its very helpful
    2.Disassembly, assembly of popular firearms
    3.Buying, Selling, and trades
    4.Nothing
    5.Any 2nd Admin organization
    6.2 xxl

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Since everyone seems to like the Hometown section, I've expanded it to include a few other cities. If you want your hometown on there, then you need to make some content for your city. Start a local group, maybe a meet, or make a list.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Maybe I'm just to easy to get along with or perhaps too easy to please. I have no complaints. It's a great site and there is something here for everyone. The guys are reasonably courteous and your control moderators keep things tidy without being overbearing.

I cruise the 'Net pretty thoroughly and this is my favorite place to be. Got no beefs here!

Improvements? I was very heavy into high power rifle competition and I felt a bit lonely around here. Actually, I had to tone that down a little since I've been out of work. Perhaps a bit more on the competition in pistol and rifle............

T shirts: gonna have to wait until I get back to work. Can't buy anything right now.

Flash

lagniappe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Houston
    Questions

1. Hometown section broken down into major metro areas? - LOVE it.
    2. Good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.)? - I'm a noob, so really appreciate the articles. Right now like anything focused on revolvers.
    3. Add to the forum? - RSS feed
    4. Worst part of the forum? - Not seeing any bad part.
    5. Charity? - First impulse is a 2nd amendment group.
    T-shirts ? Are they long-sleeved? Would probably go for one regardless but I shoot in sleeves.... 2X (at least)

Keep up the good work!

Lagniappe

deanrich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Houston
    I just joined and haven't really read much yet. Been involved with other forums though and been told that poop on the floor was a sign of life. Still have to use common sense though. I'd like to see a thorough listing of all the gun ranges in Houston and Harris County for both long rifles and pistols. Yes, I'd like a t shirt. Any reputable food bank would make a good charity.

Dean

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I'd still like to see a General Discussion for random BS. lol. GD may be retarded on some sites like arfcom but you cant deny they're not fun xD

Top Bottom