• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I'm now to the point where I'll be at a restaurant with the 14 and 15 year old, and some toddler will be out of control, running between tables and what not and they will look at us and say "I'm so glad you didn't let us do that"!

The threat of "Do you want to go outside" was all it took to get things under control. My oldest, the stubborn daughter, almost went outside with me once, in the "airlock" doors before we got outside where I asked her if she could calm down or did we have to go all the way outside? Neither ever went completely outside, but I'm sure whatever they imagined was worse than what would have happened.

That's exactly what I was talking about, no physical interaction ,just the threat of having to go back home.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well, both parents are gone, so he is on the hook for everything there now.
    I moved out of the house at 19.
    Sorry Cam, I had to go back a page to figure out what you were talking about. My only sibling (half sister) is as different from me as night and day, of course I am almost 16 years older. I am glad that she finally turned her life around, I had for awhile there gotten to the point where I had wanted nothing to do with her.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The problem with common decency these days is the same one we have with common sense...

Neither of the two are common anymore!

It has gotten to the point that we can just expect most people in today's entitled "Me" society to be concerned with no one but themselves. It's never going to get better, and it certainly won't go back to the way it was. The days of holding doors open for ladies are gone, as now that is sexist. Using turn signals and keeping to the right except when passing are out the door as it's 'all bets are off' on our roadways these days. "F*** you," it doesn't matter as long as I get mine!

What's sad is that I am not that old (55), but the decline in the past half century has been very apparent. It's not the way I was raised but it is quickly becoming how people are. Rudeness, the lack of respect and some zero resemblance of dignity are the norm of most these days; it has gotten to the point that a polite gesture is noticeably the exception and not the norm.

This is why my dearly departed father said people are designed to only live a certain number of years. He said you'll get to a point where you don't want to see what the future of society holds, as it is no longer promising. We dream of a utopia in our novels and movies, but the truth is society is crumbling and will fall much like Rome did. I just hope I am not around when that happens, and pray my children will survive it.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I can believe it. My wife and her sister are only a few years apart and completely different.
    My wife and sister are 11 months apart and completely different. The SIL is a raving leftist in Austin...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Recently had an experience that was both aggravating and humorous. It was weird.
    Went to the H.E.B.
    As I started to take a cart there was an elderly woman who rushed ahead of me to grab a cart.
    No one else was nearby. I had to step back as she yanked the cart out of the stack. I’m like whatever.
    She races off into the store.
    Pulling a cart, I proceed into the store.
    As I’m moving down the aisles shopping this same woman keeps jumping in front of me blocking me from reaching the items I wanted.
    After the second time this occurred I went all the way across the store to work my way back.
    Yep, you guessed it. Here she was again. In my way.
    I asked her if she was drunk. LoL.

tl:dr version - crazy old lady harrasses Moonpie at H.E.B.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    You will probably be in their shoes one day.
    No doubt but if and when that happens I sure won't stand in the way of those who want to move on down the road.

I am well into my 70's now and I don't do the old home shuffle. Yesterday I spent most of the day picking up some of the 15 trees I have cut down, the trucks I cut into about a 4 ft piece and each will tilt the scales at 50-100 lbs each, load them in the bucket on my John Deere take them to the burn pit and stack them for burning...just another day at the office for me.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No doubt but if and when that happens I sure won't stand in the way of those who want to move on down the road.

I am well into my 70's now and I don't do the old home shuffle. Yesterday I spent most of the day picking up some of the 15 trees I have cut down, the trucks I cut into about a 4 ft piece and each will tilt the scales at 50-100 lbs each, load them in the bucket on my John Deere take them to the burn pit and stack them for burning...just another day at the office for me.

And some of those folks for whom you are showing no patience and consideration were probably doing, a few years ago, everything you did yesterday.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    And some of those folks for whom you are showing no patience and consideration were probably doing, a few years ago, everything you did yesterday.
    No, far from it, I treat them like Kings and Queens, if I see them looking at something on a shelf I will offer to get for them so they don't have to bend over or try to reach and quite often they take me up on it, one follows me into the store I get a cart for them.

Not long ago in the blistering heat I saw a car in the center media with two clearly elderly black women standing by it. I was in my Jeep, so I pulled over and drove down to the car. They had a flat and the way home from church. The sun was beating down and it was hot as it was about 1pm. So I sent my wife down the road to a C-store and had her bring back 2 large iced drinks while I changed the tire. Wife got them a couple of Big Gulps of the flavor they wanted, I took no money for nothing and got them on their way...that is how I treat all folks.

I took care of my elderly disabled mother for the last 12 years of her, I did, I was single, no one else but me...but she brought me up with a strong streak of COMMON DECENCY and it applies to ALL, young or OLD!

Top Bottom