• ...and so much more!
  • subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    If the cop had taser leads in him ANWHERE, there was a struggle that happened before the video started rolling.

How about this - don't wanna get shot, don't fight with cops!

Don't wanna get shot in the back? Don't fight with a cop and then run!

Don't wanna get shot? Don't break the law.

I think that most of us here truly believe that an armed society is a polite society......I just came back from the NRA expo and there were nearly 80,000 people working their way around each other and bumping into each other, stepping on each other's feet. Surveys are guessing that about half of them were packing. What do you know?!?! NO ONE GOT SHOT!! Even the cops didn't start shooting people! *GASP*

Just be nice, you'll live longer. Not only due to lack of perforation, but because your blood pressure will be lower.

I'm told that not doing coke and meth helps, too.
    Gun Zone Deals

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    My biggest problem is the pause before the last shot, to me it shows intent beyond self defense.

I too read the article and believe there MAY have been justification for the officer, but the pause gives me a gut wrenching feeling every time I see the video!

sent from wait...where am I!?

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    In my CCW(Nevada version of CHL) class our instructor specifically spoke about how it is "better" to shoot until the threat has stopped rather than to shoot, pause and then keep shooting!

I hope all the evidence will be heard and that a decision will be made on all of the facts. If the officer was justified based on the facts then good shoot. If the officer was not justified based on the facts then he should be punished the same way that anyone else would be punished!

sent from wait...where am I!?

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I'm Mike1234567.... Blah, blah, blah I don't care about facts I don't like LEO's because I think I shouldn't have to follow the law. So what if I fight with them and take their tools to use against them. When I start to run away you should just let me go... I'm Mike1234567.

Seriously man you have blinders on with this situation. Why not let the evidence speak to you?

I say again... man running away... no immediate threat to the ELO or to others... shot in the back eight times until dead. That is murder.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I say again... man running away... no immediate threat to the ELO or to others... shot in the back eight times until dead. That is murder.
    So, no matter what, if the guy turns his back, you believe a person should have the ability to stop mid action and not fire on someone that was a threat. Quick, you have .5 seconds to respond.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So, no matter what, if the guy turns his back, you believe a person should have the ability to stop mid action and not fire on someone that was a threat. Quick, you have .5 seconds to respond.

Even I am not seeing this as a good example, if I understand what you are getting at....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

So true, but some people are blind to the truth...

And I like how people equate this to an inoperable brake light or a failure to pay child support. None of those lead to the man's death. What did was him attacking the cop. For whatever reason he did it, once he did it was a completely different ballgame. Every day thousands of people are cited for having vehicle equipment issues and thousands are in trouble for not paying child support, but the vast majority don't get shot because they don't go hands-on with a police officer.

Do I really need to quote Forrest Gump here?!?

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Umm... 'scuse me... but if a man assaults me causing no real harm... and I fend him off... then he runs away... and I shoot him eight times in the back (while he's running from me) and kill him... I'm a murderer. Most any jury will solidly convict me. Does a cop have more rights than you or me?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Man running away, possibly with Tazer (with darts still in cops and 35 feet of lead wire), already been proven violent and willing to fight with police, and officer engages with deadly force. That is, perhaps, justification and will likely get argued.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes, as the saying seems to go here.

Quoting myself because I really would like to know. I hope somebody that knows can answer this.

Yes. If installed, it must work (in Texas). Assume SC is the same.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Umm... 'scuse me... but if a man assaults me causing no real harm... and I fend him off... then he runs away... and I shoot him eight times in the back (while he's running from me) and kill him... I'm a murderer. Most any jury will solidly convict me. Does a cop have more rights than you or me?

Yes.

Also, a Tazer does not cause "no real harm," especially when it allows an assailant to kill you because you're incapacitated.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Yes.

Also, a Tazer does not cause "no real harm," especially when it allows an assailant to kill you because you're incapacitated.

Apparently the taser didn't take affect. The LEO was not incapacitated in the least bit. The 'perp' was very far away from the LEO before he was shot dead. The LEO tampered with evidence.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

It's not about "rights," it's about justifiable lethal force.

Do yourself a favor and research 'Tueller drill,' then do a little more homework and learn why a fleeing felon who just committed a physical assault on a police officer is still a threat no matter what direction they are heading.

I am not convinced what the officer did was right, nor am I convinced it was wrong. All I know is that all evidence must be examined before that decision can be made, and none of us have all the evidence. Only an idiot makes such a critical determination on such little information.

Until then, the presumption of innocence--the foundation of our judicial system--must apply. Maybe you should do a little homework on that as well...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Apparently the taser didn't take affect. The LEO was not incapacitated in the least bit. The 'perp' was very far away from the LEO before he was shot dead. The LEO tampered with evidence.

You have no evidence to support any of those allegations.

Also, stop by your local law enforcement agency and ask them to taze you. I would be interested in your "opinion" after you've experienced it firsthand. Until then, you're grossly misinformed...

Darth_Nuruodo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    Houston
    You have no evidence to support any of those allegations.

Also, stop by your local law enforcement agency and ask them to taze you. I would be interested in your "opinion" after you've experienced it firsthand. Until then, you're grossly misinformed...

Your insistence about how effective of devices they are only reinforce his argument that obviously it was not deployed effectively against the officer or he would have been unable to keep fighting and shoot him. Maybe you should go to your local station and ask for the same demonstration; maybe your logic and reading will get a hard reset.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Warrants and badges aside.
    I see an ambulatory man shoot another man, who is retreating, in the back.

Nothing makes this right.
    There may be laws and judgements otherwise. I say they're wrong too.

Top Bottom