• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    ...What’s the odds getting killed on a lawnmower? Small but real...

^That is, unless the mower was assembled by someone who not only doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, mechanically speaking, but also has an utter distain for any concerns about either workmanship or your (the user's/consumer's) safety...

Feel like getting on and using a riding mower you know was assembled by a group of meth-smoking HS dropouts with chips on their shoulders against the whole world?

What if your usage of said lawnmower was compulsory, and all other means of trimming your lawn were restricted because you're just not smart enough to really know whats good for you?

What if simply raising the concern about your safety caused you to get fired from your job?

Still cool with the idea?

fwiw, I recently had a family member who was in PERFECT health (with better health stats than many half their age), pass little more than a week after receiving the shot (no, I don't know which one it was, and not going to ask because it's irrelevant).

So take it if you really feel you need it or are compelled by fear; but all the holier-than-thou who favor forcing and/or shaming others into meek acceptance can **** themselves in the ass with a jackhammer before spending eternity sucking on satan's cock...

just my .02

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Or, you could contract the disease and pass it on to one or more people who may die do to your actions. Something else to consider
    Or one or more people could have gotten the vaccine themselves or one or more people could of exercised social distancing Oooorrrrrr. One or more people could have decided not to let covid rule their lives and assumed the risk like MM has chosen to do...

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    ^That is, unless the mower was assembled by someone who not only doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, mechanically speaking, but also has an utter distain for any concerns about either workmanship or your (the user's/consumer's) safety...

Feel like getting on and using a riding mower you know was assembled by a group of meth-smoking HS dropouts with chips on their shoulders against the whole world?

What if your usage of said lawnmower was compulsory, and all other means of trimming your lawn were restricted because you're just not smart enough to really know whats good for you?

What if simply raising the concern about your safety caused you to get fired from your job?

Still cool with the idea?

fwiw, I recently had a family member who was in PERFECT health (with better health stats than many half their age), pass little more than a week after receiving the shot (no, I don't know which one it was, and not going to ask because it's irrelevant).

So take it if you really feel you need it or are compelled by fear; but all the holier-than-thou who favor forcing and/or shaming others into meek acceptance can **** themselves in the ass with a jackhammer before spending eternity sucking on satan's cock...

just my .02
    Who is forcing you to take anything? You are so critical of people that voluntarily take the shots but are not critical of people that don't take the shots. One group is right. It may not be yours.

Interesting Google,
    Each year, 800 children in the US alone are run over by riding mowers or small tractors and more than 600 of those incidents result in amputation; 75 people are killed, and 20,000 injured; one in five deaths involves a child

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Who is forcing you to take anything? You are so critical of people that voluntarily take the shots but are not critical of people that don't take the shots. One group is right. It may not be yours.

Actually, not critical at all of anyone making that choice for themselves, and never have been in any way.

What I'm beyond is giving any shits whatsoever, at all, to or about anyone trying to manipulate others into anything - vaccines, masks, etc., simply as a result of their fear and weakness, or as is surely the case with some, their greed and gluttony...

Anyway, regardless of whether we're discussing risk management metrics/strategy, behavioral psychology, or human physiology, (or reading comprehension for that matter, given your response to my original comment - which btw, wasn't personal), I'm not quite sure you have a sufficient baseline understanding of the topic areas to engage in any real discussion which doesn't ultimately boil down to "ma feelz"...

ETA: mods - feel free to delete this post if it crosses any lines, apparently have a bit of a ripple in my Zen-thing today...

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Actually, not critical at all of anyone making that choice for themselves, and never have been in any way.

What I'm beyond is giving any shits whatsoever, at all, to or about anyone trying to manipulate others into anything - vaccines, masks, etc., simply as a result of their fear and weakness, or as is surely the case with some, their greed and gluttony...

Anyway, regardless of whether we're discussing risk management metrics/strategy, behavioral psychology, or human physiology, (or reading comprehension for that matter, given your response to my original comment - which btw, wasn't personal), I'm not quite sure you have a sufficient baseline understanding of the topic areas to engage in any real discussion which doesn't ultimately down to "ma feelz"...

ETA: mods - feel free to delete this post if it crosses any lines, apparently have a bit of a ripple in my Zen-thing today...
    When all else fails use the ad hominem argument. You have crossed that line.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    When all else fails use the ad hominem argument. You have crossed that line.
    Yeah, sorry, your opinion is irrelevant in this case...

btw, the ad hominem was on your part not mine; I simply made an observation based on your obviously erroneous and misleading statement as to my intentions and Character.

I'll take the heat for once again forgetting the pointlessness of arguing with children, regardless of their age; Thank you for the reminder.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I can't imagine what it's like and I'm glad I retired. When I was in the hospital in October I was BS'ing with one of the nurses and she mentioned that she had only had eight days off since April.

My SIL is a nurse in San Diego and has spent years just working in the GI Lab. Since the outbreak in Nov. they've been making her take shifts on the covid floor and she's exhausted.

A friend works in specialty unit at University Hospital here but he has to pull shifts as a covid nurse. Last October after the July peak had settled University was down to about 20 covid patients. In Dec they had 3 floors of covid patients, 50-60 on each floor.

I can't imagine losing patients day after day with no end in sight. When I lost one of my patients I took it personally as an affront and a failure on my part. Even in the ER I rarely had a patient die in my care though they may have died after leaving the ER.
    I haven't been a real nurse for 20 years. I do procedures all day. We've been business as usual except for a 3 week stretch last June. I wouldn't be much help other than being a body on a covid ward. I do know sterile technique better than real nurses though.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Vaccine-shaming, it's new and karens all over de land love it...!

Yessir, we're all gonna be covid-mary's iffen we don't submit to da rantings of 'da fooch' and that senile old buzzard who pretends he's the U.S. President.

Yeah, like I'm gonna believe anything into his 2nd childhood that doddering old fool has to say... (well, 'say' is a stretch as he chews words into gooey, old, mystery paste)

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    1614081710166.png

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Is there one single American in this country who is not yet sick of Dr Fauci and his continual need to be in front of a camera, often contradicting himself?
    Fauci said in an interview on Sunday that it is "possible" Americans may still need to wear face masks in 2022, even as the country could approach a certain "degree of normality."

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Is there one single American in this country who is not yet sick of Dr Fauci and his continual need to be in front of a camera, often contradicting himself?
    I'm by-passing 6 levels of the argument pyramid and go straight to Fauci is an ASS HAT!

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    And did you isolate and wear masks every flu season up 'til now?

If not, get off your high horse.
    2019-2020 flu season 22,000 deaths from flu

2020 covid deaths 500,000+

And of course there is a vaccine for flu each flu season which helps mitigate the spread of the flu.

I don't have a horse high or low to get off of

I worked Emergency Room and Urgent Care for 35yrs. I was exposed to various flu strains daily during the flu season and never got it. Maybe because I got the flu vaccine every year or maybe it's not that contagious, I don't know. In October my brother stopped by my house for a few minutes to drop something off and left me with covid.

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    2019-2020 flu season 22,000 deaths from flu
    2020 covid deaths 500,000+

And of course there is a vaccine for flu each flu season which helps mitigate the mortality of the flu.

I don't have a horse high or low to get off of
    Yeah and covid numbers you quote have been fact checked by the Washington Post as 100% accurate! Yeah - right.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Yeah and covid numbers you quote have been fact checked by the Washington Post as 100% accurate! Yeah - right.
    No, the CDC and Johns Hopkins, actual scientists not a newspaper. Who else besides them get the raw data, the Washington Post doesn't have a source of raw data that the CDC and Johns Hopkins doesn't. I'd trust JH the most.

Top Bottom