• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I specifically said Rubella, a danger to the unborn if a pregnant woman is exposed. I have family of childbearing age that I would not want them exposed to Rubella.
    Speaking of Rubella, and only because it is one target of the MMR vaccine, there was at least one study has showed...

"There was a significant inverse correlation (rs = −0.71, P < 0.001) between mumps virus titers (mumps titers) and COVID-19 severity..."

Stating further...

"COVID-19 has presented various paradoxes that, if understood better, may provide clues to controlling the pandemic, even before a COVID-19 vaccine is widely available. First, young children are largely spared from severe disease. Second, numerous countries have COVID-19 death rates that are as low as 1% of the death rates of other countries. Third, many people, despite prolonged close contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive, never test positive themselves. Fourth, nearly half of people who test positive for COVID-19 are asymptomatic. Some researchers have theorized that the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine may be responsible for these disparities."

"Analysis of Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) Titers of Recovered COVID-19 Patients | mBio" https://mbio.asm.org/content/11/6/e...s-rubella (,previously vaccinated with MMR II.
    Gun Zone Deals

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Good for you. I hope you don't get covid but if you do I hope it's a mild case. If you get it and it's a more severe case I hope you survive and the odds are good that you will. If you survive I hope none of your organ systems are not permanently damaged like has happened to many of those who have survived. Imagine being 30 or 40 with lungs so badly scared they look worse than the lungs of someone in their 70s with emphysema, or having a heart so badly damaged you get placed on a transplant waiting list.

57O44WAPFJCMXL3UXFRMO2SD44.jpg

The lung of a woman in her 20s who "survived" covid but needed a double lung transplant to really survive.

29491134-8410347-image-m-9_1591884278491.jpg

View attachment 245571

I wish you luck

Could happen. But odds are probably higher that I get cancer. Or get mangled in a car wreck. Or get one of the thousands of other serious illnesses.

I won't live in fear of this virus. And I won't let fear of the virus make me take a vaccine whose trials were significantly shortcut.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Could happen. But odds are probably higher that I get cancer. Or get mangled in a car wreck. Or get one of the thousands of other serious illnesses.

I won't live in fear of this virus. And I won't let fear of the virus make me take a vaccine whose trials were significantly shortcut.
    The trials weren't shortcut. The government gave billions to the drug companies to defray the cont and there were tens of thousands of volunteers willing to be test subjects. The number of subjects made the gathering of data take less time.

Not Sure About the COVID-19 Vaccine? Get the Facts, Then Decide

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I hadn't heard that Rubella was a big threat these days.

I was vaccinated in the 60's, that and Polio. Now I am certainly aware of the effects of Polio and Rubella. In the summer of 1965 my father and I lived with a producer/script writer who had polio, not a fun disease. Also, my fiancee, whom died of cancer, was born with deafness from her mother contracting Rubella. I just haven't heard the push for vaccines on those on a scale as COVID lately.
    You haven't heard of MMR being pushed because most of the population has been vaccinated except for the anti vaccine nuts. I don't know if your fiancee might have been not exposed to uterine Rubella depending on when a vaccine was developed and when she was born. That is what I mean by someone being hurt because of another not being vaccinated. Again, for most vaccine situations I don't care if people don't get vaccinated. As far as people that don't get MMR for their kids, what do I care if their kids become sterile and don't reproduce their genetically low IQ because of mumps. Darwin can only go so far.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Good for you. I hope you don't get covid but if you do I hope it's a mild case. If you get it and it's a more severe case I hope you survive and the odds are good that you will. If you survive I hope none of your organ systems are not permanently damaged like has happened to many of those who have survived. Imagine being 30 or 40 with lungs so badly scared they look worse than the lungs of someone in their 70s with emphysema, or having a heart so badly damaged you get placed on a transplant waiting list.

57O44WAPFJCMXL3UXFRMO2SD44.jpg

The lung of a woman in her 20s who "survived" covid but needed a double lung transplant to really survive.

29491134-8410347-image-m-9_1591884278491.jpg

View attachment 245571

I wish you luck

Well thanks Dan

I am sure like all diseases there are cases like the lung lady.

However rare.

Oh BTW Im 60 so there is that.

Really not too concerned about this kung fu flu. Sorry cant get on the band wagon for some reason.

Maybe my BS detector is more accurate than yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Who cares how you feel? Why do you think you are immune to death from this? It's all a matter of odds.

Why do YOU think your about to be killed by it.

If it was all they want you to believe we would all be dead by now.

Dont think Im immune to death we ALL gonna die. I am just pretty sure it wont be from this. However if it is so be it. When its your turn its your turn.

Oh BTW I didn’t ask if you cared and dont give a **** if you do or dont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Well thanks Dan

I am sure like all diseases there are cases like the lung lady.

However rare.
    While that woman's case is uncommon, scaring of the lungs from covid is not uncommon. The amount of scaring depends on the severity of the disease so the scaring and decreased lung function ranges from mild to severe.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    The heck they weren't shortcut.

Last time I checked, no one can compress time. Regardless of the number of test subjects.
    It's not the time that's relevant, it's the number of subjects that are tested. In the past it took time and money to test the number of subjects needed to get accurate results. With covid there were many thousands of people eager to be tested. For studies in the past there fewer volunteers and it took longer to get enough subjects to get a good set of data. You may have seen comercials on TV or heard them on the radio, asking for people to do studies and offering to pay them.

It only takes minutes to see if someone is having an allergic reaction. It could take many months to test the number of people need to get enough data to determine the percentage of people who will have a reaction. Fortunately with the covid vaccine there was a lot of public interest in developing the vaccine and a lot of people willing to participate in the study. This was just an example of one of the things they might be looking at.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    It's not the time that's relevant, it's the number of subjects that are tested. In the past it took time and money to test the number of subjects needed to get accurate results. With covid there were many thousands of people eager to be tested. For studies in the past there fewer volunteers and it took longer to get enough subjects to get a good set of data. You may have seen comercials on TV or heard them on the radio, asking for people to do studies and offering to pay them.

It only takes minutes to see if someone is having an allergic reaction. It could take many months to test the number of people need to get enough data to determine the percentage of people who will have a reaction. Fortunately with the covid vaccine there was a lot of public interest in developing the vaccine and a lot of people willing to participate in the study. This was just an example of one of the things they might be looking at.
    Very true. And after the testing there were a lot of people that complained when they found out that they got placebo. There is no argument that the Pfizer and Moderna are very effective. What we don't know yet is whether the new strains of virus will be blocked by the current vaccines.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Very true. And after the testing there were a lot of people that complained when they found out that they got placebo. There is no argument that the Pfizer and Moderna are very effective. What we don't know yet is whether the new strains of virus will be blocked by the current vaccines.
    I used to work part time collecting data on subjects of drug trials and the office guys were always complaining about how long it would take to get enough people to participate so they could get enough data to complete the trials. The subjects were always trying to find out if they were getting the drug or the placebo. I couldn't tell them because I didn't know.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin

So most people are not allergic to tobacco. There are no long term effects from tobacco. I know that isn't an apple to apple comparison. Maybe thalidomide is a closer comparison. There are probably better comparisons but I'm in the vodak again. Don't judge me.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    So most people are not allergic to tobacco. There are no long term effects from tobacco. I know that isn't an apple to apple comparison. Maybe thalidomide is a closer comparison. There are probably better comparisons but I'm in the vodak again. Don't judge me.
    I used allergic reactions because it was quick and easy to understand. Plus I'm lazy.

Thalidomide is still prescribed, just not to pregnant women as is true with a number of other drugs.

Enjoy your vodak.

Messenger RNA for vaccines is not a new concept, it's been in the works for about ten years and they've been working on a vaccine for SARS (SARS-CoV) and that helped speed up the COVID 19 ( SARS-CoV 2) delelopement. It's thought that Messenger RNA can be used to develop a vaccine for some cancers.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I used allergic reactions because it was quick and easy to understand. Plus I'm lazy.

Thalidomide is still prescribed, just not to pregnant women as is true with a number of other drugs.

Enjoy your vodak.

Messenger RNA for vaccines is not a new concept, it's been in the works for about ten years and they've been working on a vaccine for SARS (SARS-CoV) and that helped speed up the COVID 19 ( SARS-CoV 2) delelopement. It's thought that Messenger RNA can be used to develop a vaccine for some cancers.
    I know thalidomide is still prescribed today. It was years before they "realized" the side effects for pregnant women. I know mrna has been researched for decades. I also know the "potential" for cancer therapy. So tell me how many successful mrna vaccines are out there. I haven't kept up with the literature so you could be correct they have been working on a sars mrna vaccine. They have also been working on other mrna vaccines with varied results. You want to receive a mrna vaccine for ebola then go volunteer to help at the next outbreak? It's odd, imo, multiple companies figured the mrna formula out for covid on demand. Again, just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I am enjoying my vodak. ;)

Top Bottom