• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Looks like influenza hasn't been a big thing this year possibly because of masks. Or maybe people who got it didn't want anyone to know to be confused with covid-19.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1613508204577.jpeg

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Nope, not gonna do it!

You probably will, someday.

Dad was in the nursing home, sent to die with liver cancer. I had wanted to hospice him at his apt, but found out they wouldn't let me administer his morphine unless I was there 24/7 to monitor him. Couldn't do that, had to work. Sooooo, he had an "accident" because the stupid place put chairs and O2 bottles between him and the head, and he always had to go bad when it was time. Tripped on the bottles and made a mess. Talk about no dignity left. And they made him wear a diaper after that. Good thing he didn't live much longer!!!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Wait, J&J? I thought that used the old-school dead virus method?

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine uses an adenovirus to inject dna into your cells, which produce the spike proteins, which causes the immune response.

Again, still cool. Every viral infection you gets will “alters your dna” of the cells they infect. VIrus can’t reproduce otherwise. All the various COVID vaccines will “alter your DNA” less than the actual COVID-19 virus will.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    The Johnson and Johnson vaccine uses an adenovirus to inject dna into your cells, which produce the spike proteins, which causes the immune response.

Again, still cool. Every viral infection you gets will “alters your dna” of the cells they infect. VIrus can’t reproduce otherwise. All the various COVID vaccines will “alter your DNA” less than the actual COVID-19 virus will.

Yes and no.

My understanding is that viruses do inject their genome into specific cells their external proteins/spikes are "keyed" for.... Covid primarily infects respiratory cells.

Do they "alter" your DNA.... well, no. Of course not. Not as a whole. If that were possible, the Aryans would have been able to create the race of blond haired blue eyed muscled speedsters they desire. But actual gene therapy is a reality used to treat certain genetic diseases by targeting specific cells in a similar way to how other viruses target cells.

Do viruses alter the DNA of the cells they infect.... sort of, but not the cell's original DNA. What they do, and each type of virus uses diff methods, is command the cytoplasm, proteins, etc inside the cell to produce copies of themselves, creating extra DNA/RNA. Does this alter the DNA of the cell? Not unless you consider the new DNA/RNA to belong to the cell. But even then, once viral load is achieved, the cell sheds the new viral DNA/RNA thru lyctic process or budding. The lytic process destroys the cell, and the body gets rid of them, so once again, no it doesn't change your native DNA. The new virus particles (DNA or RNA) go on to infect other cells. Enough lyctic damage to your lungs and other organs, and you die.

It is worth noting that Coronavirus SARS II is a single strand RNA virus. These reproduce themselves in the cell's cytoplasm.

FWIW: https://www.bioexplorer.net/how-do-viruses-reproduce.html/

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Had my first Moderna vaccine at the VA Clinic today. My health is just too bad to chance what would happen if I got infected. Have to balance the possible outcomes. And I need to be here to care for my demented wife.

Sooooo, in about 4-6 weeks, I will be sterile, according to some, and no longer able to impregnate my wife. Not that it would be possible anyway, not cool to go after those with dementia, and there is a vestigial arm growing from my tummy which would make getting close hard to achieve.

I'm really looking forward to being able to see behind myself, with this new eye growing in the back of my head. But sleeping on my back may prove difficult.

In a few months, if you see me staggering/shuffling and shouting "brains, BRAINS!!", please aim for the head...

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Got first shot in December and the second January 7. Made no difference in anything. A shot can't fix paranoia. The medical types don't trust their shots.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sooooo, in about 4-6 weeks, I will be sterile, according to some, and no longer able to impregnate my wife. Not that it would be possible anyway, not cool to go after those with dementia, and there is a vestigial arm growing from my tummy which would make getting close hard to achieve.

I'm really looking forward to being able to see behind myself, with this new eye growing in the back of my head. But sleeping on my back my prove difficult.

In a few months, if you see me staggering/shuffling and shouting "brains, BRAINS!!", please aim for the head...

Of course, that opens all new possibilities....

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Did you get Pfizer? Did you hear that they have found that the first shot makes one 85% safe? They have a bigger data set now, it seems.

A different data set, apparently and part of the blinded trials. I know a few people who signed up for the new trial after initial FDA approval where it seems this was one of the options that was being provided. The study hasn’t been unblinded yet, but the rumor is after unblinding, everyone who just got one will be able to get the second.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I feel 100% safe without any vaccine for the kung fu flu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good for you. I hope you don't get covid but if you do I hope it's a mild case. If you get it and it's a more severe case I hope you survive and the odds are good that you will. If you survive I hope none of your organ systems are not permanently damaged like has happened to many of those who have survived. Imagine being 30 or 40 with lungs so badly scared they look worse than the lungs of someone in their 70s with emphysema, or having a heart so badly damaged you get placed on a transplant waiting list.

57O44WAPFJCMXL3UXFRMO2SD44.jpg

The lung of a woman in her 20s who "survived" covid but needed a double lung transplant to really survive.

29491134-8410347-image-m-9_1591884278491.jpg

1613927274007.jpeg

I wish you luck

Last edited:
    Top Bottom