• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I was wondering, as I have no background in anything medical, but could all the disinfecting and mask wearing come back and harm people who are no longer coming into contact with any germs or at least a very small amount compared to what they normally would have pre China Flu?

Like with influenza. Regardless of if you get a shot or not, you still come into contact with those germs and your body still has to do something with them. Maybe you don't actually have symptoms because of the flu shot or you have a great immune system, but your body is still dealing with influenza, even if just behind the scenes, no?

And if so, could people who are covering up, distancing themselves and overly disinfecting their life be in for a surprise one day down the road when they stop doing so?
    Guns International

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    "They" finally went full tard today and mask are now mandatory for our dept. unless you are alone at your desk. I went full tard too

View attachment 216594

Many other dept. staff are wandering around the bldg. nekid so it all makes sense. :facepalm:
    If you are going to wear a mask, at least that one will protect you a little more than
    ACC48A5A-3326-4D53-B2E4-075A8D99F35B.jpeg

Attachments

• ACC48A5A-3326-4D53-B2E4-075A8D99F35B.jpeg
      ACC48A5A-3326-4D53-B2E4-075A8D99F35B.jpeg
      102.3 KB · Views: 646

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Went to my cardiologist the other day. He came in to the room wearing scrubs, a mask and a face shield.

I asked him if it was Halloween already.

He asked why.

I told him he was all dressed up like a surgeon.

His reply, "I have a knife and know how to use it."

Things went downhill from there.
    Lol. My docs don't even wear a face shield when they're scrubbed in during invasive procedures.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    "They" finally went full tard today and mask are now mandatory for our dept. unless you are alone at your desk. I went full tard too

View attachment 216594

Many other dept. staff are wandering around the bldg. nekid so it all makes sense. :facepalm:
    Vapor respirator?
    It's a good look on you.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Went to the range today. Got there at 9:05 am. I've never seen it so crowded. I had to look for a parking place. But, not a mask to be seen. No one. Zilch. Nada. My kind of people. :)
    Which range? I went to therangeaustin ~1100. Plenty of lanes available

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Which range? I went to therangeaustin ~1100. Plenty of lanes available
    Lonestar Range and Academy, on 183 North of Liberty Hill a few miles. I didn't have any trouble getting on the pistol range. There was only about 4 other guys on it. I asked the owner where all the people were with so many cars there. Turns out they are part of some kind of rim fire gun club from Sun City. He puts them on a separate range to themselves. I just happened to be there on their range day.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I was wondering, as I have no background in anything medical, but could all the disinfecting and mask wearing come back and harm people who are no longer coming into contact with any germs or at least a very small amount compared to what they normally would have pre China Flu?

Like with influenza. Regardless of if you get a shot or not, you still come into contact with those germs and your body still has to do something with them. Maybe you don't actually have symptoms because of the flu shot or you have a great immune system, but your body is still dealing with influenza, even if just behind the scenes, no?

And if so, could people who are covering up, distancing themselves and overly disinfecting their life be in for a surprise one day down the road when they stop doing so?
    Yes, you can be too clean. Flu shots are dead viruses tricking your immune system into fighting off perceived sickness (why some may feel sick after getting a shot), preparing your body to fight off a live virus.

This article from 2015 doesn't talk about pandemics, but explains why disinfecting everything can be bad for you:
    https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20151118-can-you-be-too-clean

The adage "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" isn't always wrong.

Last edited:

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Pick up sticks, Lincoln Logs, plastic bricks, gyroscope, slinky, erector set, tinker toys....all simple fun stuff that didn't need batteries or a screen to watch.
    Neither did getting the guys and a girl together for a nice game of baseball, football or just what we called Olympic Games. Judy had to stop playing football when she started to fill out a pair of jeans. Touch became grope.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Kind of what I thought. Just wanted to see if others were seeing what I was. Seems maybe CV19 wasn't as much a danger, or as deadly as the MSM was leading us to believe.
    Didn't the midget say wearing a mask was symbolic?

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I've been tracking the numbers daily and according to my spreadsheet the numbers of new cases in the US, as a whole, are dropping. But, the number of new cases in Texas is increasing. That's based on the average daily numbers from April, May, and 5 days in June.

It will be interesting to see how the numbers change or if they change in 2 or 3 weeks due to the non social distancing of the peaceful protesters and the looters and rioters.
    But Gov Abbott is being such a pussy about opening Texas up again.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Remember it's not the number of cases as much as the number of severe cases and ICU admissions and death. Or so that's one version we were told in mid to late april.

ETA, I would love to see them try to lock a city back down or close businesses again in 2 weeks after a big spike from the riots and marches that the lib pols themselves violated their own dictatorial fiats to virtue signal by attending. That will ne a spectacular show.
    I'm so tired of little tyrants hollering at people about social distancing.

Top Bottom