• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I'm curious as to why the resident "health expert" hasn't chimed in lately. I guess all the predictions he spoke of, are not happening?

So where is HKShooter? Did he get the Rona?

Yes, he died from the rona. He will go down in the history books as a hero. He fought and died on the rona battlefield. He may even get a medal for his brave service as a doctor on the front lines.
    Capitol Armory ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yes, he died from the rona. He will go down in the history books as a hero. He fought and died on the rona battlefield. He may even get a medal for his brave service as a doctor on the front lines.

Why thank you Roadrunner for that update. I about fell out of my chair from laughing so hard at you post. I probably should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not!

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Yup. Seen a couple in China Town when we were there over Thanksgiving. I don’t think an NUC wet market is the same as a Chinese One.

Betcha there’s a more than a few in San Francisco and LA, too.

In the Philippines a dry market is one where you would buy things like clothing and household good. A wet market is one where you would buy meat and vegetables.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yeah, I'm sure the animals sold are nothing similar, lol.
    I was just surprised to find out.
    I used to regularly shop a Vietnamese wet market in MidTown before I retired. Loved the place. There were no bats or weird lizards available but the whole roast duck for $5 sure beat McDonalds for lunch.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I'm curious as to why the resident "health expert" hasn't chimed in lately. I guess all the predictions he spoke of, are not happening?

So where is HKShooter? Did he get the Rona?
    That boy ain't been right since he started loading his bullets backwards....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That boy ain't been right since he started loading his bullets backwards....

LividConsciousCondor-size_restricted.gif

Attachments

• LividConsciousCondor-size_restricted.gif
      LividConsciousCondor-size_restricted.gif
      3.3 MB · Views: 942

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    ~250,000 annually. Seems like beer flu is killing that number too, since most elective procedures have been turned off for the last month or so.
    It seems that the definition of "elective procedures" is overly broad, too. We saw a news story that showed that lifesaving cancer procedures and even kidney transplants were being postponed. Amazing! I guess in the early panic period when maybe they truly thought hospitals were going to be overrun, but if I was a family member, I would be looking for hell to pay.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    ~250,000 annually. Seems like beer flu is killing that number too, since most elective procedures have been turned off for the last month or so.
    So now there are no medical mistakes. It's all Rona.
    That should lower malpractice insurance and therefore doctors bills.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Just to show how deep the stupid flows....

On Abbott's FB page, I have steadily pushed for stylists and barbers to be allowed to open. I have friends in these professions that are suffering due to lack of income.

One person, who wants them to stay closed under threat of fine and imprisonment, replied, "Petty demanding haircuts. How do people have money for haircuts when they're demanding that the economy open so they can work?"......

.....yes, she's a Bernie Bot....

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    A friend on Facebook posted how bad the virus is and linked a LA times article. The article mentioned a "study" of 19 patients, a review of 12 patients and a study of 191 patients. The study of 191 mentioned higher mortality in the elderly and people with high organ failure assessment scores. There were a lot of "may" and "might" statements in the article. There were a lot of comments to the post saying how bad things are and how scary. I wrote a paragraph in response but I deleted it instead of posting because I know how it would turn out.
    They can get back to me when they have a study group that's anywhere near statistically significant. I won't even make fun of them missing a basic control group, let alone double blind procedures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom