• FYGjs6N.jpg
      FYGjs6N.jpg
      184.4 KB · Views: 432

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    My wife is of Mexican and Italian descent, speaks Spanish, but doesn’t look Italian or Mexican.

I don’t speak Spanish..but apparently I look like I do.

It irritates her when folks - including some of her own distant relatives - come up and start speaking Spanish to me but speak English to her LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am Native American - my mother looked somewhat Chinese and was often mistaken for that. I have been asked if I am Hawaiian, Filipino, Jewish and Mexican. One time I was in skinhead area of East Washington to visit with a friend. A guy working for him kept looking at me like I was from another planet; finally, he came up to me as said "What are you?" "You look Mexican but you speak better and more correct English than the guys who do the network news on tv." I just laughed and told him I was from England but I have been working hard to hide my accent.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    My doctor is from India and the first time I met him, I was surprised since he speaks without any accent. I work primarily with Indians so it seemed odd. Then he told me his family moved to Lubbock when he was 2yo and he does have to watch his redneck drawl sometimes.

Back on topic - my office opens May 11th though no further details have been announced on percent of staff onsite and other restrictions.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Enough racism for a while...

Talked to the doc about upcoming surgery. Also discussed the hysteria. He is every bit as ticked off as most of us on this board. Said all evidence points toward the fatality rate being no worse than the flu. He said we should not have taken any measures other than warning the elderly and those with serious health conditions to be extra careful.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Watching "Cheers" last night on NetFlix, I figured out who HKShooter is. He's the personified version of Cliff Clavin!

https://images.app.goo.gl/bbtGAdACewAYo16K9
    https://images.app.goo.gl/d9ESKsSsZPmKkSs46

Cliff is the kind of guy who wishes he'd been a combat Marine, but maybe he was nearsighted or had flat feet and became a mailman. He loves the respect he gets. [...] As for women, Cliff is like the construction workers who whistle at women but turn to a quivering mass when they're face-to-face with a woman. The greatest fear of men is that they won't live up to their expectations.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'd like to offer congratulations to our member HKS. From what I gather, he's used this lockdown to go from salesman, to consultant, to surgeon performing elective surgeries.

Very impressive. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a department head at the hospital next week.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'd like to offer congratulations to our member HKS. From what I gather, he's used this lockdown to go from salesman, to consultant, to surgeon performing elective surgeries.

Very impressive. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a department head at the hospital next week.

Actually, I'm thinking he will be chief of surgery by next week, then hospital administrator the week after that!

Hell, they might even reward him the a key to the city for all his heroism during this pandemic. A parade, and big ceremony and a huge celebration dinner at the state capitol!

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Actually, I'm thinking he will be chief of surgery by next week, then hospital administrator the week after that!

Hell, they might even reward him the a key to the city for all his heroism during this pandemic. A parade, and big ceremony and a huge celebration dinner at the state capitol!

Ah come on have some aspirations he will be Trumps replacement 2024

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom