• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Amazon, Walmart and CVS have announced very large hiring plans.

May not help some folks, but maybe it will do a little for others.

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    Double furloughed household. Wife makes the big bucks, mine is mainly play money. Both looking for temp work. We'll see what brown can do for me, or a dozen other places. Anyone want to buy a kidney? For the right price, it could be my own :roflsmile:

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Daughter's employer sent an email at 5pm - pay reductions of up to 20% starting immediately.
    Email for me came in yesterday at 6:15PM and my work email notifications turn off at 5PM. Did not check until this morning. Was not a fun day today. Other companies in my same line of work are also having to make similar tough decisions, so not like I have other options right now. Figuring it out and talking to debtors about what assistance may be available without getting hit with additional interest. They make money in these kind of circumstances, so are eager to "help" since it benefits them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Got word today. My employer is asking all field employees to take 1 day off every other week.

I'm ok with this option. Supposedly it will avoid any layoffs.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    Does not sound too bad. Hope it does not get worse before this all bounces back.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Agreed. And .. you should have stopped there.

^This, very much this

A general word of caution - everyone likes to bitch about work now and again (natural stress reliever); however, it would be a very good idea, particularly right now, for folks to be extra cautious about the potential to unintentionally reveal details which could be used by malicious parties, as well as to have a heightened level of sensitivity to any 'odd' or out of character contacts, etc.

just sayin...

5dd37035c7397cb6e2576b56d98d302d.jpg

Attachments

• 5dd37035c7397cb6e2576b56d98d302d.jpg
      5dd37035c7397cb6e2576b56d98d302d.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 396
    Last edited:

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Does not sound too bad. Hope it does not get worse before this all bounces back.

Yeah, I was preparing for worse. I think this is the plan for the next 2-4 weeks.

If it continues...... Who knows

I feel like it will be worse but boss man is just slowly pulling the band-aid off.

Heard a town hall with Trump today. I could hear the scepticism in his responses. And his eagerness to move on from these shenanigans.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Sigh.
    I really struggle with times like these.
    I think most of y'all know what I do for a living.
    I don't figure a single one of ya wants guys like me to just ride the couch. Hell, I couldn't get a moment's rest if I knew any of y'all were in the dark. Or shivering cold. Or blistering hot.
    Y'all stay safe and healthy. Me and the other electric utility workers will do like we've always done. Our level best to get your lights on and your life back to normal.

I seriously doubt if any one even notices a blink.
    We hate outages more than you do.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Yeah, I was preparing for worse. I think this is the plan for the next 2-4 weeks.

If it continues...... Who knows

I feel like it will be worse but boss man is just slowly pulling the band-aid off.

Heard a town hall with Trump today. I could hear the scepticism in his responses. And his eagerness to move on from these shenanigans.

Lots of business are on net 30 or more terms. If customers start coming back, the cashflow may take a month or more to start helping the recovery...

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Lots of business are on net 30 or more terms. If customers start coming back, the cashflow may take a month or more to start helping the recovery...
    Eventually, vendors have to start putting customers on credit hold. Then customers cannot get product to do what they do. It goes from there. The shell game can only move around so much.

Oldbluered

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    Email for me came in yesterday at 6:15PM and my work email notifications turn off at 5PM. Did not check until this morning. Was not a fun day today. Other companies in my same line of work are also having to make similar tough decisions, so not like I have other options right now. Figuring it out and talking to debtors about what assistance may be available without getting hit with additional interest. They make money in these kind of circumstances, so are eager to "help" since it benefits them.

For me, capital one is basically deferring payment(dropping minimum payment due to 0) and not collecting interest for a month. Have to call again when the payment is due next. Discover is temporarily dropping payment and still charging interest. Mortgage company is sending a packet to determine options. Best of luck

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Got word today. My employer is asking all field employees to take 1 day off every other week.

I'm ok with this option. Supposedly it will avoid any layoffs.

Happened to my wife as well(medical). We too should be ok, just thankful to still be working.
    Employer is also looking ahead in case things get worse. Work from home is an option and if they need to truly cut some of their workforce, my wife was told she more then likely wouldn't be included due to what she does for the practice.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom