• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cleric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    DFW
    THis is on there websites faq...

[h=4]Is there a hospital nearby?[/h]The hospital is only 10 minutes from the Training site and can handle most medical needs and a medivac on helicopter is only 50 minutes to Manila. A trauma unit is in Subic Bay (30 minutes from the training site) with world class setup for American servicemen based in Subic in the 80’s.
    [h=4]Do you have first aid onsite?[/h]G-1 Tactical always has a certified medical technician and trauma kit onsite during all training days for any medical need from one of our participants.

Chrs2fer23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    El Paso,Tx
    Should be using dummy barrels when showing how to use weapon to strike throat with muzzle....too many in front of muzzle when shooting in a few spots...I'm not sure what this class is teaching to be honest.

GoofyCracker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Houston
    In the ending you see the instructor with a blue training gun why not use this for the striking drills???

I don't trust anyone when I am facing a loaded weapon I don't care who it is accidents happen.. As a student I would have refused that part what if the shooter let one sail wide ruhhhh roooooo.

Ghostie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Austin
    holy crap!!!

also, dude with the funny haircut and tie makes me laugh...who shows up dressed like that to an outdoors training course?

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Very interesting info. As students progress they learn more and more advanced techniques. Some folks never start. Some stop at "front sight press". some learn basic room clearing and some even advanced fighting and shooting like you see in the video here. Is it dangerous? Hell yea it is! So is combat. Would you rather learn to shoot with folks down range when you are safe and have all the time in the world to get it right or at 10:00 at night during a convenience store robbery?

Feel free to stop learning the art of combat when you reach your personal safety threshold but don't belittle those who choose to me more skilled than you.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'd "trust my partner" more if they stopped shooting their Effing gun at me.

...Feel free to stop learning the art of combat when you reach your personal safety threshold but don't belittle those who choose to me more skilled than you.

Why does it take more skill to shoot with a person next to a target rather than a cutout of a person? There's no additional value, but tons of additional risk. Seems like a pretty clear cut case of "dumd-ass-itis" doctor.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Count the unrealistic combat scenarios. Having a "Skilled attacker" move extremely slow and offer no resistance isn't the way to go. Looks to me like a couple of third-rate Escrima instructors decided to move into firearms/MMA training. Talk about jack of all trades, master of NONE.

0:02 should make it clear what audience this "Training" is geared toward. Get ready, guys, here come a bunch of Call Of Duty veterans... WITH GUNS! Can't wait for one of them to end up in court for murder because he was trained to use a pistol in a fistfight, or the day when some idiot gets shot by a cop because he was using his pistol as a striking weapon in a street fight.

I agree with M. Sage- it's just a matter of time before someone gets killed here. I hope they have a very good liability waiver.

noskilz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    Houston
    Would you rather learn to shoot with folks down range when you are safe and have all the time in the world to get it right or at 10:00 at night during a convenience store robbery?

Learning to shoot with folks down range. Hmmm. I thought they called it "learning to trust that your "partner" (who is probably not a partner but a stranger who just happened to sign up for the class) won't miss the target by more than 24 inches and kill you for no good reason." If having a live victim is so important to training, then we need to give the target a gun and let it shoot back. Now we're talking "training."

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems like there are safer ways to conduct this type of training, don't they make same pretty realistic paintball guns, also wonder how easy it would be to hold someones hands behind their back and hit a target if they were actually resisting. I have no problems with someone wanting as much training as possible but there has to be a safer way to do it.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    If having a live victim is so important to training, then we need to give the target a gun and let it shoot back. Now we're talking "training."

Exactly. Time for the keyboard commandos talking about realistic training to man-up and put themselves under live fire. Right. LMFAO

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Very interesting info. As students progress they learn more and more advanced techniques. Some folks never start. Some stop at "front sight press". some learn basic room clearing and some even advanced fighting and shooting like you see in the video here. Is it dangerous? Hell yea it is! So is combat. Would you rather learn to shoot with folks down range when you are safe and have all the time in the world to get it right or at 10:00 at night during a convenience store robbery?

Feel free to stop learning the art of combat when you reach your personal safety threshold but don't belittle those who choose to me more skilled than you.
    So the benefit of having a stranger stand next to a cardboard target as you shoot is what exactly?

Top Bottom