• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I only know of one time when someone was hit at Ft jackson a while back(5 yrs maybe), think they were killed but don't remember, you know its live ammo from the tracers.

I went through Jackson in '04 and there was one earlier that year. That might be the one you're talking about. Instead of crawling out of the trench at the beginning like you're supposed to he climbed out and took a round through the face. They pointed out the keyhole in the back wall of the trench where it hit after going through his face.

We had a guy in my basic that threw the pin and dropped the grenade during the live grenade throw day. DS took shrapnel when he pulled the pvt to the back of the pit to save him.
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I went through Jackson in '04 and there was one earlier that year. That might be the one you're talking about. Instead of crawling out of the trench at the beginning like you're supposed to he climbed out and took a round through the face. They pointed out the keyhole in the back wall of the trench where it hit after going through his face.

We had a guy in my basic that threw the pin and dropped the grenade during the live grenade throw day. DS took shrapnel when he pulled the pvt to the back of the pit to save him.

Probably the one I'm thinkin about.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    My guess is they wanted us to be able to think about an objective with bullets flying over our heads, from what i remember(almost ten yrs ago) you would have to actually stand up to get hit, i was more worried about getting scratched up by the wire than getting up to high and catching a bullet. It was pretty effective training, between mg fire, flares, explosions from something probably a flashbang or something, not really sure, hard to get much more realistic without aiming at us.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Luna2020
    Top Bottom