• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    You don't get medals for fighting the lads on the other side of the Rio Grande, and brush up on Tex-Mex lingo because Spanish like taught in American Schools is that very proper language only spoken in Spain it seems.....We and the people on the other side even have slightly different dialects but the same cuss words.
    Thier baddies seem to be the drug cartels and their killers, ours seems to be limited to politicians and politics which we are going to change in November.
    Bring a large boonie hat and a larger canteen, it doesn't rain much in these parts.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Something smells bad about this incident

There is an old church that is partially submerged, but it's on the Mexican side. We used to bass fish down there a couple of times a year, back when it really didn't matter which side you were on...it's a very pretty area in a small canyon off the main lake, but once again, on the mexican side. The couple were touring the area on personal water craft (not water skiing as the title to the post and the article stated), and they were attacked, just like a lot of other people have been this year.

The only thing that smells bad is that we don't already have very heavy coast guard patrols running on that lake like they are doing on Amistad.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    FOXNews.com - 911 Tape Released in Mexican Pirate Attack on U.S. Couple
    A Colorado tourist was shot in the head and thrown from his jet ski as his wife frantically tried to dodge bullets and escape from Mexican pirates marauding on a U.S.-Mexico border lake, according to a transcript from a 911 call released Saturday.

The gunmen are suspected pirates who have turned Falcon Lake, a water-skiing and bass fishing hotspot down the border from Laredo, into uneasy waters for fishermen and boaters. There have been at least five reported run-ins with pirates on the lake this year, though prior holdups had never been deadly.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry said the shooting underscores the need for the federal government to further secure the border. "It's really become substantially worse in the last 18 months with the drug cartels having almost free rein," Perry said Friday in Austin. "This is about our citizens, on both sides of the borders, safety."

tx_397x224.jpg

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Texas Gov. Rick Perry said the shooting underscores the need for the federal government to further secure the border. "It's really become substantially worse in the last 18 months with the drug cartels having almost free rein," Perry said Friday in Austin. "This is about our citizens, on both sides of the borders, safety."

Reading is fundamental Ricky. The shooting took place on the Mexican side. This has nothing to do with border security.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Honestly this smells like the wife is a black widow. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the wife killed her husband.

Honestly???? You REALLY think that this lady killed her husband???

Oh, I forgot, we could NEVER blame the ones who DID the shooting, and who have had a HISTORY of shooting people on that lake, instead we should believe that this lady killed her husband, because no way are those sweet, innocent, misunderstood F'ING DRUG DEALERS would EVER SHOOT SOMEONE TO ROB THEM...

Why is it that you want to think the best about a proven enemy, but then pronounce an innocent US citizen guilty of killing her husband in an area where they should not have been due to KNOWN "PIRATE" OPERATIONS in the area.

Were they stupid? Yep....but to say she killed him? What f'ing planet did you fall OFF of?

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    A little history: Texian soldiers under Gen. Sam Houston, enraged and filled with hatred for the Mexicans that they defeated in about 18 minutes during the battle of San Jacinto, enraged because of the butchery of Texians by Mexicans at the Alamo and Goliad, went on after the battle killing the enemy, for hours. One soldier who was ordered to stop the killing by a Texian Officer replied, "I couldn't stop killing Mexicans if GOD ALMIGHTY ordered it".

But racial predjudices today should be limited to the lawless, murdering drug cartels whom it is hopeful will suffer the the same fate as Santa Anna's troops under the hand of the Mexican Governments military forces. It may come to the US if we don't get needed change in Washington, already has in Arizona.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Reading is fundamental Ricky. The shooting took place on the Mexican side. This has nothing to do with border security.

Reading is fundemental, Renegade...as is a little knowledge of WTF is going on along the border. The drug cartels are using the lake because it's EASY to do, no check points, very limited patrols. And with the border issues going on right now, you don't think they effect us?

Oh, I see...you're from DFW...come spend a few days along the border, and on remote ranches in the Big Bend country and you can see for yourself that this instance has as much to do about border security as all the other events going on along the border from Texas to California.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Reading is fundemental, Renegade...as is a little knowledge of WTF is going on along the border. The drug cartels are using the lake because it's EASY to do, no check points, very limited patrols. And with the border issues going on right now, you don't think they effect us?

And that has nothing to do with a couple that WENT TO MEXICO and got shot.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!

ok, so you don't get it... They were in the wrong place. A place they were warned NOT to go. WHY are we having to warn nice people not to go to those places?

I went on my first trip on that lake in 1970, ate lunch on the mexican side, and continued to fish there twice a year until three years ago, when we were approached by another boat, and when we saw one of the three men had an AK, I uncovered my side arm and my grandfather picked up a 590 Mossberg. The aproaching boat sped off.

Before then it was never an issue as to where you went. Now, we are having to warn people about being on the lake, and the problem has not been just on the mexican side of the imaginary line that runs down the middle of that lake, or this big river that seperates Texas from Mexico. And the problem is coming ON TO OUR SOIL.

So, we have AMERICAN citizens being shot REGULARLY with in site of our OWN BORDER. And we have Ranchers, ON PROPERTY THEY OWN, property that is AMERICAN SOIL, who are bing shot at by Mexicans coming over the border, and you DON'T see the problem?

I'm not saying the people weren't stupid for not listening to the warnings, I am saying why are we allowing an American citizens to be shot at on a body of water that we share with Mexico for doing NOTHING more than being in the wrong palce at the wrong time, and having something of value some punk wanted.

IF we had a gang that was shooting MEXCIAN CITIZENS who happened to get be on the wrong side of an imaginary line, what do you think the response would be? What has the response been when we've shot people who crossed ILLEAGALLY and were caugh commiting a crime?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

Do Mexicans get shot for wandering over here on the Texas side? NO!!
    I think everything should be in question if some Texas people get shot for wondering over too close to the Mexican side.
    I aint never wanted to shoot a Mexican for simply being in Texas. I see all kinds of Mexico license plate running around all over the place and never even think twice about it.
    If an American gets killed by some Mexicans because they wandered over to the Mexican side, we should be at WAR!!!

Top Bottom