• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    with the current administration it will be operation "soft taco" where you go in and sit inna circle an hold hands while the big O kneels to the President of Mexico

Fixed it for you. He's so lame it would'nt surprise me if he bowed or kneeled.

Just saw a report on the KRGV Channel 5 news that the wife of the murdered man was interviewed by a local reporter. Coast guard, Border Protection (DHS) and others are on the lake. That's a little too much, too late.

tad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    weslaco
    we live behind the tortilla curtain down here (checkpoint) the state dept doesnt give a dman what really happens here, like the rest of the country they look down on the 956!!

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Cuellar, a Texas Democrat joined by two other area congressmen, said Mexico was "doing the best that they can."
    Yea, Right!!!
    Gonzalez, who would not say how he had contacted the Zetas, said he has not received a response.
    So, the Sheriff down there has Cartel contacts? Why aint they arrested then?
    I dont know about yall, but I think we have issues on both sides of the border.
    If I were sheriff down there, any and all know Cartels in the area would be arrested. I would use them as contacts!

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Cuellar, a Texas Democrat joined by two other area congressmen, said Mexico was "doing the best that they can."
    Yea, Right!!!
    Gonzalez, who would not say how he had contacted the Zetas, said he has not received a response.
    So, the Sheriff down there has Cartel contacts? Why aint they arrested then?
    I dont know about yall, but I think we have issues on both sides of the border.
    If I were sheriff down there, any and all know Cartels in the area would be arrested. I would use them as contacts!

What the sheriff SAID was that he had TRIED to make contact through newspaper, TV and radio on BOTH sides of the border...reminding them that HE HAS NO AUTHORITY TO ARREST ANYONE WHO IS IN MEXICO, but asking for ANY information as to the location of the body. Those LEO along the border have ENOUGH problems without anyone here making it worse. If he has a CI and can use that to help find this guys body, go for it...if he takes a call from a cartel member across the border telling him where the body is, great...but let's not make his or ANY OTHER LEO in that areas job ANY harder by making completely out of context statements as to WHAT they said.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    What the sheriff SAID was that he had TRIED to make contact through newspaper, TV and radio on BOTH sides of the border...reminding them that HE HAS NO AUTHORITY TO ARREST ANYONE WHO IS IN MEXICO, but asking for ANY information as to the location of the body. Those LEO along the border have ENOUGH problems without anyone here making it worse. If he has a CI and can use that to help find this guys body, go for it...if he takes a call from a cartel member across the border telling him where the body is, great...but let's not make his or ANY OTHER LEO in that areas job ANY harder by making completely out of context statements as to WHAT they said.

I guess I speek a different language than you do.
    I simply dont agree that Mexico is doing all they can do. Such as, why arent they keeping some police on their side of the lake. It seems to be a big issue and growing. I keep reading more and more about people getting jacked and now killed. Simply wondering across the other side of the lake is no reason to be killed.
    If the Sheriff down there knows of any Cartels on this side, then you bet, I think they should be arrested.
    Those guy's aint working alone. The law down there has help and I really hope they have more comming soon. 10 years ago I had to listen to peole talking about how drunk they got in mexico, for the past few years, all I hear about is who got kidnaped, killed, or who's missing!
    No, I dont think enough is being done on either side. A lot of the fault goes to the people who keep testing the waters. I wish people would stay away from the Mexico side and hopefully this problem will get dealt with and no more innocent people will be harmed. JMO

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I guess I speek a different language than you do.
    I simply dont agree that Mexico is doing all they can do. Such as, why arent they keeping some police on their side of the lake. It seems to be a big issue and growing. I keep reading more and more about people getting jacked and now killed. Simply wondering across the other side of the lake is no reason to be killed.
    If the Sheriff down there knows of any Cartels on this side, then you bet, I think they should be arrested.
    Those guy's aint working alone. The law down there has help and I really hope they have more comming soon. 10 years ago I had to listen to peole talking about how drunk they got in mexico, for the past few years, all I hear about is who got kidnaped, killed, or who's missing!
    No, I dont think enough is being done on either side. A lot of the fault goes to the people who keep testing the waters. I wish people would stay away from the Mexico side and hopefully this problem will get dealt with and no more innocent people will be harmed. JMO

I never said Mexico was doing all that they can...nor did the Sheriff. And I can assure you that any LEO on the border can and does arrest anyone they can get their hands on that is bringing drugs across the border.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX

+1

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Why would the cartels have so much interest in the lake area? Could they be using the lake to smuggle drugs or something?

a BIG lake...lots of open shoreline...no regular patrols due to lack of man power...no check points in and out of the park on the other side...

DUH!!!!!

and no way to shut it down with out a LOT more boots on the ground.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    What do you mean DUH!!!???
    I have never even been to that lake. Im sure its big, but how would I know its free for all to come and go without notice? Makes a lot of sence why the cartels have taken the place over. Sounds like they have a free run of the place to me. Something that makes no sence to me is if they have no man power, why cant they accept volunteer help? I know several who would be more than happy to put their boot on the ground.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    What do you mean DUH!!!???
    I have never even been to that lake. Im sure its big, but how would I know its free for all to come and go without notice? Makes a lot of sence why the cartels have taken the place over. Sounds like they have a free run of the place to me. Something that makes no sence to me is if they have no man power, why cant they accept volunteer help? I know several who would be more than happy to put their boot on the ground.

look at a map and you see the problem...

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    Newest developments: Mexican investigator in Hartley case beheaded. 710 KURV website.

Mexican authorities are confirming that the severed head of the supervisor in the "lake pirates" shooting investigation was discovered today, the McAllen, Texas Monitor reports.

David Hartley's wife, Tiffany Hartley, says that she and David were jet skiing on the Mexican side of Falcon Lake two weeks ago, when they were attacked by people in three boats. She says David was shot in the head, and that she was unable to rescue him before fleeing for safety. Since the incident, she has appeared on national media, pleading for a stepped-up search effort. Neither David Hartley nor his jet ski have yet been found. Because the incident occurred on the Mexican side of the border-straddling lake, Mexican authorities have been leading the search and investigation.

Today, the head of State Police Commandant Rolando Armando Flores Villegas was reportedly found in a suitcase outside a police compound in Ciudad Miguel Aleman, Mexico. His wife had gone there to report that he had not returned home last night. He was last seen at a meeting yesterday, after a day of investigating.

While initial reports of the decapitation cited officials on the U.S. side, and a CNN report said Mexican authorities had no knowledge of the situation, the Monitor now reports:

Ruben Dario Rios Lopez, a spokesman for the Tamaulipas Attorney General's Office, confirmed that Rolando Armando Flores Villegas, the state police commandant heading the Mexican investigation into the disappearance of David Michael Hartley, was killed today.

Top Bottom