APOD Firearms

Cowards at Bell County SO shot my dog in the head.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I promised an update on Bait today and got busy with family stuff. It's late, but here it is before I try to get some sleep.
    Bait had her last appointment last week. It was just X-rays and evaluation. The shattered bone is trying and has started to heal and set in place. There are still bone fragmentzs in the front that will never heal but don't seem to be causing a problem.
    The worst of the metal fragments anywhere near critical nerves or her eyes have started to migrate somewhat. BUT, they are migrating outwards away from critical structures and towards the skin. Less chance of future damage and ease of removal should it become neccessary in the future. But the doctor said that more than likely she will have them for life.

The right eyelid has a permanent droop. The eye is still partly bloodshot and is slightly turned to the outside, not aligning with where the left eye is looking. The right eye also still has some haze and a significant amount of vision loss. The only time she has any blink response in the right eye is in bright light. Doc said it is most like due to nerve damage as well as to the eyeball itself from hydraulic shock.

Despite all this, she is adjusting well. She will sometimes bump her head on that side or jump when she realizes something is there.
    She has been going back to the dog park a few times a week and really trying to get the other dogs to play. I took her there a little when she had open wounds and the others where very gentle with her. But for some reason they still won't play very rough with her. Even Bear won't and they both really enjoyed it. It's kind of frustrating to watch because I know she likes it when he knocks her down and drags her around. As long as it is play, she likes to play rough.
    Between her appointment, my medical appointments and tests and family stuff, I won't get back with the lawyer until next week. Hopefully then I can get the legal stuff started. Any further medical procedures as a result of this is most like years ahead if at all. So I may as well get it started.

Overall, Bait is doing fabulous all things considered and adjusting well. Back to her normal lovable self that just wants some lovin from anyone that will give it to her. She is still very clingy, which I don't mind.
    I love my snuggles.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Here are her current X-rays. For some reason they keep sending them to me reversed. You can compare to the original ones and see ythat the worst of the remaining fragments are migrating outwards.
    8741d0ebf6f7d679a59bafbd7e76fa3b.jpg
    53bb0b6d41df2ac3f86599bba76b0ad4.jpg
    a65cf05ae2bd31bf0e4e08b4115833aa.jpg

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Trust me, she gets lots of love and hugs. And probably more treats than she needs. Snuggles with me on the bed are a daily requirement. The only way she will move enough for me to get on the bed at night is with a full body rub and bribed with treats. Even have to rub the nose or forget moving.
    And she pouts if her rules are not followed.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Quick update.
    Bait had another surgery to remove a fragment that migrated by her eye. It was causing a lump to form and moving toward the eye itself. She aint happy with me for leaving her there but she will get over it. Hopefully that is the last one. At least for a long time. Surgery was wednesday and it looks better already. Hopefully back to normal in a few days.
    Everything else seems to be pretty stable and healing well. She does get a little frustrated at the dog park, the other dogs still won't play rough with her. She likes rough play.
    I put a bit in the picture for scale. Jagged little piece.
    e8b02e1fb11be7aa0ee19e18ee4e782c.jpg
    c2ecc0cd704d40dd78a0f368e50cbedb.jpg
    0f91b71cd2c2865b1384a018127ea33c.jpg
    2eb5a40ba1fe757e8f5aacd3ea6c67b7.jpg
    b73bbc8e9a94626f93df8140f9586189.jpg

Top Bottom