• ...and so much more!
  • crystalphoto

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2022
    Bethune, South Carolina
    Cranky old are free be cranky about anything but "Cranky old guy's"...

I'll start:
    Don't you hate modern toothpaste tubes? You roll 'em up and the next time you go to use it, you have roll it all up again. It was better when they were made out of lead sheets...

And I thought I was the only one...

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Cranky old are free be cranky about anything but "Cranky old guy's"...

I'll start:
    Don't you hate modern toothpaste tubes? You roll 'em up and the next time you go to use it, you have roll it all up again. It was better when they were made out of lead sheets...
    Oooh. I think I am home.
    Okay, first up: automated phone systems that require that you push 1 for English. English is a requirement to be a citizen, so WTF? Also, usually only Spanish is offered, which is extremely rude to native Korean and Tagalog speakers. WTF?

Tmag109

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 23, 2023
    Tomball
    I don’t like to call myself an old guy but…. I can’t stand it. Now I have a 5 year old son and he has some kids toothpaste that comes out of some stupid plastic slide tube…. Horrible design!

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I also work for Chevrolet in parts and service. Also puts me over the edge when you give a price to a customer and then he looks it up on Amazon right in front of you and says….. I can get it cheaper on here! Although I’m sometimes guilty of the Amazon purchase.
    That's lame. I just hum the RockAuto.com theme song as they look it up...

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    How about the stupid-ass glue they use on toilet paper now? Bye the time I get it liberated it looks like a T Rex got ahold of it.
    That's when you just use the whole roll. Wipe, turn 90 degrees and repeat until you have gone around the world. Then take the roll and huck it over your neighbor's fence and yell "Grenade!"

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Or they ask for the correct part number so then they can just order it online. But again…. I’m guilty and always want a deal too. I just tell them let me know how rock auto/amazon warranty works out for you when you’re sitting on the side of the road
    Amazon will sell you a Chinese knockoff in a lookalike package. If it works at all, it'll fail in short order.
    Rock Auto on the other hand will stand behind their product, and give you a lot less hassle about a replacement than your local stealership. If I already have the GM part #, I've been known to order it from gmpartsdirect.com in years past, no idea what it's like now.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Voice response. (I think it’s called IVR) I friggin hate it. Customer service calls and they tell you to state what the issue is. I’d much rather do the hit 1 for billing and 2 for other. It is absolutely degrading to talk to a computer about my issue in order to rout to the correct dept.

Add to that, I can’t recall how many times I go through a customer service menus where I’m prompted to key in my information. Once I’m talking to a live person, they ask me for the same info all over again.

This thread was a mistake to start. I can go on for hours about the idiocy of modern commerce

Last edited:
    Top Bottom