• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Liberals never seem to let facts bother them. Actually, they are Egyptian. Really. They live in the land of de Nile.
    ARJ Defense ad

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    No, it wasn't claimed to be.....

But then again, I wouldn't cite Alex Jones as credible news source to make a point either....

Just an observation......

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    At this point, what difference does it make?
    I see what you did there....
    imagegif

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    The Chronicle is reporting that Cruz may sign up for health care coverage under the Affordable Health Care Act while campaigning because he was covered under under his wife's employer provided healthcare and she has quit her job to campaign for him...

The same, "Obamacare" he has derided and swore to eliminate...

The Cruz Comedy Circus just keeps getting more entertaining...

I can't come to grips with the level of FAIL in the OPs comment.

Cruz is ABIDING by the law he disagrees with and is fighting against... unlike a lot of libtard politicians who've been pushing to get exemption from the decrees they've levied onto the common folk. By my standards Cruz is doing the honorable thing. Sucks for him to be forced into it and I'm sure he expected people like you to lambaste him for the decision... just like you would if he chose the inverse and invoked political privilege.

Do you read and critically think through the stuff you post or do you just cut and paste excerpts from MSNBC drivel?

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    oldag, I think your mistaken.

From the link above.
    Cruz should consider the law more closely.

The Affordable Care Act does not compel members of Congress to enroll in DC’s health care exchange; it simply cuts off the government contribution to their insurance plans if they buy their policies elsewhere. “The final rule extends a Government contribution towards health benefits plans for Members of Congress and designated congressional staff so long as the health benefits plans are purchased via the appropriate SHOP as determined by the Director,” a summary of the final rule says. “Nothing in the final rule or the law prevents a Member of Congress or designated congressional staff from declining a Government contribution for him or herself by choosing a different option for their health insurance coverage.”

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    What you posted confirmed what I said. If congress wants employer paid insurance, it must come through the exchange.

Heck, anyone can do anything they want at any time with their own money.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    What you posted confirmed what I said. If congress wants employer paid insurance, it must come through the exchange.

Heck, anyone can do anything they want at any time with their own money.

For now.....

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    Get your facts straight, OP.

A bill was passed requiring congressmen to use Obamacare. It is the law.

Must be really desperate to smear Cruz.

Wrong again, Savage805.

"Iowa U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley pushed through an amendment on the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, that requires members of Congress to obtain their coverage via health insurance exchanges."

Both of these statements are false and misleading.

Savage805

blueberry in tomato soup
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    paradise, ATX
    Post #5
    The law says you have to have insurance. It does not say you have to have Obamacare.

He can afford any health care insurance he wants. So why Obamacare??

He's a blowhard.

The idea that Ted is being forced to buy into Obamacare is false. I'm sure he is a millionaire many times over and has no problem getting any level health care his little heart desires.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Post #5

The idea that Ted is being forced to buy into Obamacare is false. I'm sure he is a millionaire many times over and has no problem getting any level health care his little heart desires.

Many times over huh, you sure about that? Even bother to look?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So you completely miss the point.

He has money so shouldn't be able to get the normal benefit of employer paid insurance???

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Well, it's the law. If his wife quit her job, he is no longer covered. Probably doesn't want it to become a campaign issue.

Oh, he has already made it a campaign issue...now he is being hypocritical about it...either it is a good thing or it is evil...I guess since he may be signing up, it isn't so evil after all...;)

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    LoL you miss the point he is trying to make.

1) he has to get insurance due to ACA or take a "penalty" just like everyone else
    2) the Senate's "employer healthcare plan" is the federal exchange aka Obamacare...
    3) he is not taking the government contribution to pay for the insurance as many in fed gov't will/do.
    4) he's doing this because he's an honorable man who believes he shouldn't be exempt from the laws (even if he disagrees) that are passed for the people. Rules for thee but not for me comes to mind.....
    5) he will continue to fight to repeal ACA

You totally glossed over all of that in an attempt to create drama where there should be none - just like your CNN

:roflfunny: You funny...

gee, I don't have to get insurance through the ACA because I am just another deadbeat liberal veteran...maybe Cruz should have served then he would not have to sign up for the evil Obamacare

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Oh, he has already made it a campaign issue...now he is being hypocritical about it...either it is a good thing or it is evil...I guess since he may be signing up, it isn't so evil after all...;)

In this situation, using it does not mean it is good. It limits his choices of insurance. You are twisting it in to something it's not because you can't find anything better. Nothing to use, just create something, it's the liberal way.

Top Bottom