• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    try as you might, Youngun, you just cannot explain away Cruz's hypocrisy on this point...

From an interview with David Brody.

CRUZ: When I announced the campaign, my wife also decided to take an unpaid leave of absence from her job.

BRODY: Mmm-hmm.

CRUZ: When she took an unpaid leave of absence, it means that she's also losing her benefits. And so we're gonna do what anyone else would do, which is take their health insurance from their employer. So in all looked likelihood, we'll go on the exchange and so suddenly all the media says, "Ah, ha-ha-ha-ha! Gotcha, 'cause Cruz is signing up for Obamacare." Listen, I have zero intention of taking any government subsidy or Obama subsidy. Rather than what I'm gonna do is pay in the marketplace for health insurance for my family, just like millions of Americans.

In case it's not clear, prior to this Cruz was covered through his wife's employer. His wife lost her benefits and because the law requires people to be covered he obtained the obummer care coverage provided to Congress. Following the law is hardly hypocrisy.

Top Bottom