• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Do you mean one that is stipled instead of solid color?
    I thought of just doing the star soid and filling in the outline with the appropriate colors.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Stipling would not be that hard with the proper overlay, in fact easier to keep the grooves clean too. Damn, wish i had thought of that sooner.

TRIXXTERR

Jul 21, 2010
    Bertram,Tx Burnet,Tx
    Do you mean one that is stipled instead of solid color?
    I thought of just doing the star soid and filling in the outline with the appropriate colors.

Star and outline, was/is my idea from the beginning. Simple, and easy. Although after seeing some of halls guys work, I have to say I am tempted to go a differnt route. I really like the subdued look.

jtyler

Aug 10, 2012
    Peeltown
    I was going for a subdued flag. Used tan brown and black. Didn't look subdued at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    The Texas Flag is red, white, and blue. Subdued to make it appear aged is one thing but the wrong colors are, well, just wrong IMO.

(c) The red, white, and blue of the state flag represent, respectively, bravery, purity, and loyalty.

GOVERNMENT CODE CHAPTER 3100. STATE FLAG

Not really, plenty of soldiers wear the camo'd Texas flag on their uniform along with the camo'd American Flag on their uniform.

Its a war thing, you might not understand some of the things we do...

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 1, 2011
    Not really, plenty of soldiers wear the camo'd Texas flag on their uniform along with the camo'd American Flag on their uniform.

Its a war thing, you might not understand some of the things we do...
    Are you taking the subject lower into battle as a U.S. soldier?

If not, your argument is moot. Again, IMO.

Last edited:

jtyler

Aug 10, 2012
    Peeltown
    No. However I did paint it a pretty color of green and a bright red white and blue flag would have looked odd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I was raised an Army brat. By a man, though court matialed twice, rose to top sergeant. Regardless of His opinion of officers, he taught us to take pride in certain things. We were taught that all insignia, unit crests,division badges and flags should be full color on daily wear greens and dress uniforms. Black and OD, or subdued colors were for battle specific uniforms as a matter of safety, so you did not stand out and give a better target. Full color was to show Your pride in what You wore, and what It meant. Trust me, He would tolerate absolutely NO disrespect to certain things, His Flag included. Uniforms and whats accepted are now somewhat different, but some are still old school. even if only outlined, You should always" Show Your True Colors".

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Are you taking the subject lower into battle as a U.S. soldier?

If not, your argument is moot. Again, IMO.
    I am a retired US soldier and my AR are the weapons I will have with me if the balloon ever goes here in the US, so to answer your point...YES, they will be subdued on my AR's just like the rest of the attachments on my battle uniform has been and will always be!!!!!

Like I said, its a combat thing, you might not understand.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    May 15, 2012
    Gonna have to agree here, if it was an actual cloth flag that has been torn an faded absolutely give it a proper retirement however when it comes to not being the actual flag that will be flying (patch, shirt, painted on a rifle) I believe battle colors are not disrespect. Just an example this is the patch I have on my chest rig.

e9adyja4.jpg

I have Texas flag and American flag patch that are subdued shades of tan and I have one that is black and green to be IR visible.

Top Bottom