• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Hey guys, I just ran across these. You might want to check them out. Looks like you rub it into the engraving, wipe away the excess with a cloth and then let harden.

Lacquer-Stik Paintstick, Red - 051122 - Amazon.com

View attachment 26830

Looks like it would work for the lettering. Not sure how it would do the flag. Good idea though.
    Lookin good, JRB!

RR, I've heard of those. I keep forgetting to try and find some.

Thank You

from an non-recovering coffeeholic

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 1, 2011
    Just picked mine up last night and since so few are actually posting pictures :p

I was talking to an auto painter today about dressing it up. All depends on how empty his pockets are.

Since I can't build something new before Hicksville I was thinking about stripping my RRA and adding this before the meet.

RunnerRunnerlowerSN_zps9d180626.jpg

RunnerRunnerlowerflag_zpsad425e9f.jpg

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Looks like it would work for the lettering. Not sure how it would do the flag. Good idea though.

Thank You

from an non-recovering coffeeholic

In a pinch Crayola Crayons work well and will last for years. If they get screwed up they can be redone without a mess.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just picked mine up last night and since so few are actually posting pictures :p

I was talking to an auto painter today about dressing it up. All depends on how empty his pockets are.

Since I can't build something new before Hicksville I was thinking about stripping my RRA and adding this before the meet.

RunnerRunnerlowerSN_zps9d180626.jpg

RunnerRunnerlowerflag_zpsad425e9f.jpg

Nice, & got your number as well....

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Didn't have 86 (which was my birth year), so I chose 4 (which was the lowest available and by graduation year)

2014-02-28124959_zps66920d59.jpg

2014-02-28124937_zps230278c3.jpg

2014-02-28124914_zpsf02eed6c.jpg

2014-02-28124929_zpse61d19cf.jpg

And here is a very quick photoshop rendering of what it would look like if I choose to make it colored...

2014-02-28124d9_zps29baa3a8.jpg

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Didn't have 86 (which was my birth year), so I chose 4 (which was the lowest available and by graduation year)

And here is a very quick photoshop rendering of what it would look like if I choose to make it colored...

2014-02-28124d9_zps29baa3a8.jpg

aint you talented......stayed inside the lines & everything:roflfunny:......haaaa looks cool Bigun, cant wait to see the finished product

jtyler

Aug 10, 2012
    Peeltown
    Dont like the star. The barrel will be here maybe monday and I can build

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    What is the minimum (by fed. law) that must be engraved on the receiver? Serial number only?

80% lowers don't have serial numbers, so I don't think anything is required by law...unless you're firearms manufactured are for commercial sales. (that's what I've been told, but more educated folk can chime in for a more definitive answer)

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I should have clarified that I wasn't thinking about the 80% lowers. I "assumed" serial number was all that would be mandatory on the "non-80%" lowers. I'm kinda' a minimalist on extraneous markings on guns. Much more than caliber, and safety settings gets a little too much for my tastes.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Ugh. I want one so bad and am seriously kicking myself for not buying one while they were the extreme low serial numbers. Can I put money on one right now? lol

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I didn't like the way my paint job turned out, so I stripped it with some duracoat degreaser. Now I'm waiting for some more parts to get here.

20140301_214341.jpg

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I did not like the way mine turned out either. Lettering looks good, model paint not so good on the flag. Stripped it, gonna try spaying. Star might be a little tricky though. I used to to do some custom paint a little, so hopefully better than my artistic skills, or lack there of.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

Top Bottom