• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Sort of. I'm stronger. I've lost some weight. My body shape is changing. On the negative side, my waistline isn't getting smaller fast enough to suit me; I've only lost a couple of belt notches.

Overall, it's worth the effort but I'm not going to fix a lifetime of neglect anytime soon.
    Is your trainer incorporating any HIIT?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Sort of. I'm stronger. I've lost some weight. My body shape is changing. On the negative side, my waistline isn't getting smaller fast enough to suit me; I've only lost a couple of belt notches.

Overall, it's worth the effort but I'm not going to fix a lifetime of neglect anytime soon.
    How's your diet?

Ive switched to salads for lunch everyday. Minimal dressing lots of protein and veggies, not just lettuce.
    Mostly veggies and lean meat for supper except on weekends I do veggies and red meat.
    Eggs and ham for breakfast.

Diet and excersize. Don't cheat during the week because you kicked ass in the gym.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How's your diet?
    Pretty darn good, actually. As a diabetic, I occasionally get some serious cravings for carbs; I'd sell a limb for a box of donuts. The more I exercise, the less that happens, though, because the longer I keep my blood glucose right the less my system goes all wonky and starts demanding carbs.

My typical day is a protein shake with frozen strawberries for breakfast; some protein (usually eggs, sometimes egg and sausage) with a small amount of carbs (literally a miniature slice of whole grain bread) and a green tea for lunch; dinner is two or three servings of vegetables, a protein, and another green tea.

My typical bad acts (not every day, mind you, but still too often) are a glass of sweet tea during the day or adding a carb to dinner. That carb added to dinner is nearly always more than it should be. Again, not every day but too often.

Compared to the way I ate 10 years ago, I'm a ridiculous health nut. Compared to the way I should eat...well...I'm getting there.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    You'll get there Ben. My biggest motivation is not becoming diabetic. My moms side of the family is plagued with diabetes and other health issues. My mom isn't 50 yet and has psoriasis, heart problems, diabetes and fibromyalgia. I don't want to be like that.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    December 2013 my son realized he had a problem and that only he could do anything about it. He changed his diet and started working out. He found that simply lifting weights and exercising wasn't enough, so he started a cardio/running routine and focused less on working out with weights ( he still does, but not his main focus). One day a week is his cheat day and he eats what he wants but the other six he sticks with his diet. He will be running in the marathon in Austin next weekend (his first).

His before (@ 374) and current (@ 202) photos......

I am proud of the boy.....

Tyler.jpg

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    December 2013 my son realized he had a problem and that only he could do anything about it. He changed his diet and started working out. He found that simply lifting weights and exercising wasn't enough, so he started a cardio/running routine and focused less on working out with weights ( he still does, but not his main focus). One day a week is his cheat day and he eats what he wants but the other six he sticks with his diet. He will be running in the marathon in Austin next weekend (his first).

View attachment 32469
    Nice. Proud of him.

Bump for everyones progress report. Yall still at it?

I got called out by a friend at the gym today because my squat form sucks. I told her I know it does. If I could just get my damn feet right so I'm lined up right... O well. I couldn't ever get it right, so recently I went down in weight to work on form. I watch trainers when they're on it and try to copy them. I'm getting closer.

I'm still not fat. Getting more muscle than I want. Hoping to lean out but my back keeps getting wider. Growth spurt at 27?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Yall still at it?
    Sidelined for a few more days due to a diagnostic angiogram. They're trying to figure out why I get dizziness and chest pains when I reach a certain level of intensity. Of course, they gave me a portable EKG recorder that I can't use for anything remotely useful until they lift the restrictions on my activity.

OTOH, I can see where they're coming from. I've seen a femoral artery repair pop loose 4 days after surgery and spurt blood across the room. (Poor sis, but that's another story.) Having seen that, I will respect the orders of the doc and not lift anything (much) until next week. Then I gotta hit it hard so that I can record an EKG during chest pains.

Where we'll go from there, I dunno. I haven't gained any weight back during this hiatus, at least.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Been doing the gym consistently but my diet has been off the rails the last week, gotta get back at it.....after I finish these girl scout cookies :)

sent from wait...where am I!?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Cool. I know it's cookie season. Look for a serving size and try to portion the boxes instead of eating straight out of a box. Portion control is a huge issue with most people but there are guidelines. Remember 1 serving at a time except for fruit and veggies.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX

View attachment 32469
    How'd the marathon go!?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I decided I needed new shoes. I had my Nike free 4.0s for about a year and at least 600 miles. They were very soft and lost their form. My shoes before those lasted 7 years and too many miles to count because I didn't always wear them as work out shoes.

I bought the newer Nike free 5.0 knit running shoes. Tried them out at the gym Saturday for a quick trip to the gym for chin ups, squats, and a mile run before frisbee golf. Guys - I know first hand that old shoes can ruin your feet. Once they get soft in the sole and lose their shape throw them out or use them as mud shoes. My feet, calves, knees, and lower back feel a ton better from just changing shoes.

Today I felt a difference in my running form in my warm up mile and my 2.5mile cardio interval made me feel like I could go another hour. I even talked to a TGT member that called on the treadmill. I think even my form in squats was better and my feet were more level and my arches didn't hurt.

If you get shin splints or planterfaciaitis (sorry about the spelling) and you have older shoes, buy new shoes and quit making excuses. Get your ass to the gym. Set a schedule and follow it. I'm a traveling salesman. I should be fat. Tons of guys who do the same thing are fat and they blame their work. No excuses.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    How'd the marathon go!?

His results sheet.....He did the 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) being it was his first....

He said it was a slow start being deep in the pack it was difficult to get running with so may people walking in front of him. He said he finally hit the sidewalk with some of the others and ran past the slower crowd..

80-tylers_time_c6f41628cf3e5329b70ca12ee68a5eb4fb09496c.jpg

Last edited:

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I've been ignoring/avoidong this thread like the plague...I dropped off last year...excuses basically. Either I go to the gym or go back to the dojo where I can do mma workouts/judo. Either way I want to get back in shape and lose about 20 to 25lbs....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom