• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Finally made it through a weekend eating healthy....and even went to the gym both days! Of course im starving but hey, bikini season will be back before you know it ;)
    Texas SOT

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I had a setback. As I mentioned before, my PT wanted me to do a day of just cardio, at least 45 minutes straight. I did it all on the treadmill and was surprised I could succeed. However, after two days both hips and knees were in such pain I had to take a day off, then a light day, then a leg day where I failed to reach the same limits as last week.

At my PT session today, she announced we were going to do some full-body moves and I said "Well, then, we need to talk." I explained the joint problems and she turned on a dime, limiting my cardio and leg work for the next week while I concentrate on upper-body work.

Then she put me through bicep curls, tricep pushdowns, and chest presses to failure. Then decreasing weight sets to failure. She said we both needed to know how strong I was. We did a few other things for core and back, too. I swear, I can't lift my arms over my head tonite.

Yes, she's making me much stronger. Yes, she adapts to my needs and helps me avoid or recover from injury. Yes, she's personable and encouraging.

But, I swear to God, I'm betting there's a room full of whips, chains, and restraints at her house; she loves to dish out punishment just a little too much. :)

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I'm never going to the gym again between 4 and 7. Get the F off the phone and WORK!! No damn wonder these people have no gains. Biggest time wasters EVER! Three damn exercises I complete, and this stupid bitch is still tying up the machine I'm needing.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Got back on the horse after the death flu today....went better than expected! I somehow even managed to lose 10 lbs after stuffing myself all weekend!

Going on a Carb fast tomorrow.....nothing but fat and protein for a few days along with exercise!

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I'm never going to the gym again between 4 and 7. Get the F off the phone and WORK!! No damn wonder these people have no gains. Biggest time wasters EVER! Three damn exercises I complete, and this stupid bitch is still tying up the machine I'm needing.
    I always see the most out of shape bmw's on the leg spreading and thigh squeezing machines playing on their phones. Leave them in the car unless you are on call. Those machines don't do anything anyways. Don't focus on one muscle group when you're trying to lose weight.

Those same women are the ones that move as slow as possible on the lay down type exercise bikes and ellipticals.

In more positive news- I got my beard trimmed up today for a 2$ tip at planet fitness before my workout. Black card member for life. Go Dolphins.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    About a year ago I got back into working out and my motivation was high. I was working out with a buddy here at work during lunch. Really made progress! Well, he took a job in Kansas. At first I was still pushing at the gym, but for about the past 3 weeks my motivation has just dropped and I dont have the drive.

I was getting up and running before work as well and that has dropped off. I need to suck it up and get back to it!!!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    About a year ago I got back into working out and my motivation was high. I was working out with a buddy here at work during lunch. Really made progress! Well, he took a job in Kansas. At first I was still pushing at the gym, but for about the past 3 weeks my motivation has just dropped and I dont have the drive.

I was getting up and running before work as well and that has dropped off. I need to suck it up and get back to it!!!
    Get back on it!

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    done.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Nice. Are you getting slimmer?
    Sort of. I'm stronger. I've lost some weight. My body shape is changing. On the negative side, my waistline isn't getting smaller fast enough to suit me; I've only lost a couple of belt notches.

Overall, it's worth the effort but I'm not going to fix a lifetime of neglect anytime soon.

Top Bottom