• ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I have a plastic gun (M&P9) with 17 rounds in each magazine. More is always better and carrying an extra mag for an auto-loader is always a good idea. No matter what you carry in your gun, double it by having an extra mag.

When the shooting starts, you might be surprised just how confusing the situation can be. Being a "friendly fire" casualty is just as dead. Be sure to wear your, "I am a good guy" tactical tee shirt.

Or as Daddy used to say, "If a frog had a glass ass he wouldn't jump so far."

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I totally missed all that.........

Same thing in Memphis. Blocked interstate and bridge.

Cops were told to stand down.

Would not even let a car through to go to the hospital until the cops ignored the stand down and intervened.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Depending on the reason I was trying to get to thd hospital, that could go real bad for someone.

Or is that too politcally incorrect?

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Simply put, "politically" is an adverb that deals with politics. Incorrect means, well, incorrect, wrong, etc. Saying something is "politically incorrect" must mean it is only incorrect only if the one calling it that is of other political views than the person saying it. It doesn't make it right or wrong.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Depending on the reason I was trying to get to thd hospital, that could go real bad for someone.

Or is that too politcally incorrect?

I would not intentionally hurt anyone, but they would either move or I would help them move.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Simply put, "politically" is an adverb that deals with politics. Incorrect means, well, incorrect, wrong, etc. Saying something is "politically incorrect" must mean it is only incorrect only if the one calling it that is of other political views than the person saying it. It doesn't make it right or wrong.
    Does that mean I can run their dumbasses over????

tboner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    Was bedlam there that night I'm sure. ANYONE with a gun might have been a target. Was a sad night. Miracle more weren't killed.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Good intentions, but the fact is: self defense and leave the offense to the people in uniform. It is easy to say I'd take on a "bad guy" but it is a major Bi#ch to actually look down the barrel and pull the trigger.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Let me get this straight. I would never think that I would rush to the officers aid guns blazing. What I was referring to was an answer to a scenario where I was trapped and armed and given a clear shot. I don't have a death wish to want to be put in a scenario like that.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    pfffff. I'll run like hell, I'm not engaging someone in body armor and a semi-automatic rifle with a Glock 26. But to answer the original question, this incident has not altered the way I carry.

Biomass1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Good intentions, but the fact is: self defense and leave the offense to the people in uniform. It is easy to say I'd take on a "bad guy" but it is a major Bi#ch to actually look down the barrel and pull the trigger.

Amen.

Top Bottom