• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    "Voluntary resignation" means you quit (i.e. aren't fired) therefore not eligible for any unemployment benefits!

You're dealing with pros here. Tread carefully!
    Pretty much. HR departments are for the benefit of the company to lessen, or eliminate as many claims against the company as possible.

They have probably gotten together with legal, or maybe even outside legal sources to draft policy so the company comes out ahead amidst all this controversy about mandated vaccinations.
    Target Sports

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    A curious question. I'm wondering how the TWC is going to handle and classify unemployment claims if a person is terminated for "non-compliance" for refusing to get vaccinated? Or decides to quit or resign rather than to get the vaccination?
    Since it’s state run and not the feds, there might be a chance for compensation. Wish Abbott would address that.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    At a minimum I'd submit a request to waive the vaccine for religious or other reasons, so they will have to deny it on paper. You can have that when you apply for unemployment, or as evidence to your next employer as to why you got fired. Because you are not voluntarily resigning like the memo states.

Also, I'd point out that their policy isnt in an attempt to comply with any LAW. Bidens decree isn't legal and doesn't have to be followed.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Sign nothing.
    Show up to work.

Make them fire you.

They’re hoping to hide behind “you resigned”. Do not resign.

Be adamant, firm and calm.

You’ll still get fired, under current law what they’re doing is legal, but down the road it may matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Once upon a time my company tried to downsize me. They offered me a relative pittance in severance.

My reply? “ I find it insulting that you don’t realize that I will run up 10 times this amount in legal fees in just the first 48 hours after I leave this building.”

I worked there for another five years. As stated above, be calm, be confident, and be firm.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I really can't see how it can be a voluntary resignation when it's your intent not to take the jab rather than to quit.

Because it was the individual's choice not to comply with company policy. He was told what he had to do, and refused to do so.

As Axxe55 adroitly pointed out, you can bet this was run through lawyers and the company is legally protected if an employee refuses to get the vaccine.

In other words, if he doesn't get the shots, he's f***ed!

CodyK

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I’m thinking I have 2 choices if I want to continue working here. One, file a claim for a religious exemption. I’m not sure how they could deny any request concerning religion. It could be a slippery slope for a corporation accused of denying religious freedom. Or two, milk it for what it’s worth! They claim they will pay for time off to get the vaccine, as well as time off to recover from side effects. I will schedule the vaccine for a day and time I’m scheduled to work, then take another 3-4 days off for “recovery”. I’m guessing even if I find another job, I’ll be facing similar mandates. I don’t even recognize this world we live in anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I’m thinking I have 2 choices if I want to continue working here. One, file a claim for a religious exemption. I’m not sure how they could deny any request concerning religion. It could be a slippery slope for a corporation accused of denying religious freedom. Or two, milk it for what it’s worth! They claim they will pay for time off to get the vaccine, as well as time off to recover from side effects. I will schedule the vaccine for a day and time I’m scheduled to work, then take another 3-4 days off for “recovery”. I’m guessing even if I find another job, I’ll be facing similar mandates. I don’t even recognize this world we live in anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I won't judge you if you get the vaccine, I know a few who did it just because of threatening memos from HR. It's your choice. But I like the religious exemption idea. What religion is against medical procedures like experimental vaccines? Does personal revelation count? Or do you need to start bringing your Festivus pole to work and start making stuff up?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I will offer this as a suggestion, more than advice. I'd explore the religious angle of being exempted as well if you would like to continue there, and not get the vaccination.

I would also offer it might be worth a shot to consult with an attorney, to find out what the legalities are that would cover you if you decided to go the "religious exemption" route in refusing to get vaccinated.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Does your religious beliefs preclude taking vaccines? Will you be committing perjury? Could be serious consequences. If you are still undecided maybe it’s time to just move on with a different employer.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    What religions denominations are against covid vaccines?

Even the Catholics are pro-vaccine.

I will offer this as a suggestion, more than advice. I'd explore the religious angle of being exempted as well if you would like to continue there, and not get the vaccination.

I would also offer it might be worth a shot to consult with an attorney, to find out what the legalities are that would cover you if you decided to go the "religious exemption" route in refusing to get vaccinated.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Does your religious beliefs preclude taking vaccines? Will you be committing perjury? Could be serious consequences. If you are still undecided maybe it’s time to just move on with a different employer.
    I can't see any consequences if it's your personal held belief and you claim personal revelation, my body is a temple and I'm keeping it clean.
    Don't tie your personal held belief to any mainstream religion.

When I serve in the army, in Sundays we all marched off to the church of our choice. Others got to shine shoes for a few hours. But a few with different, individual beliefs got to worship individually.
    I'll always remember drill sergeant telling one guy claiming to be a Wiccan to go hug a F#$kin tree for an hour.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I think that would be why I mentioned consulting with an attorney to explore the legalities of religious exemption.

What religious denominations? Have no idea, and none of my business.
    Consulting with an attorney to get specific language put into your exemption request might be beneficial.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I can't see any consequences if it's your personal held belief and you claim personal revelation, my body is a temple and I'm keeping it clean.
    Don't tie your personal held belief to any mainstream religion.

When I serve in the army, in Sundays we all marched off to the church of our choice. Others got to shine shoes for a few hours. But a few with different, individual beliefs got to worship individually.
    I'll always remember drill sergeant telling one guy claiming to be a Wiccan to go hug a F#$kin tree for an hour.

Lying on what may end up being a Federal form can have serious consequences. Perjury on any form may have serious consequences. I am sure that those in charge of all this BS are prepared for false religious exemptions. I am against mandates. If it were a choice of perjury or quitting I would quit (or be fired).

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lying on what may end up being a Federal form can have serious consequences. Perjury on any form may have serious consequences. I am sure that those in charge of all this BS are prepared for false religious exemptions. I am against mandates. If it were a choice of perjury or quitting I would quit (or be fired).
    I agree about the perjury. Lying and getting caught, is grounds for termination with most companies.

That is why I suggested he consult with an attorney on the legalities of going with a religious exemption if he did decide to go that route. An attorney would be much better a source of legal information for this matter IMO. An attorney might even be able to offer him other options that would legally protect him as well.

Top Bottom