Patriot Mobile

Defensive Handgun Course with Chris (Plus1/PHT)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    Jealous of you guys, would have loved to have gotten in on something like this, Plus 1 if you ever decide to do one in the San Antonio area I would definitely do my best to attend. And T-Dawg I told you this place was awesome I see you're having no problem making friends and getting something out of it, we need to get together and shoot sometime.
    yeah man, thanks once again for turning me on to this great forum! great times already had and more to come! And yes, we definatetly need to shoot together one of these days bro.... hopefully either you can make it in this direction one day or vice verse

T-Dawg is the shit!
    thanks man i couldnt have recieved a more humbling compliment hahaha

Yeah, I was thinking maybe October/November. That would give everyone a month or two to work on what they learned and plan ahead but I'm open to suggestions
    Tundra, i should be ok for either oct. or nov.... this will give me ample time to save money and such.... also i think we can all agree that aslong as the class is after payday then its fine lol

BTW, Ben, midnight, T-Dawg, scap and Chris I enjoyed meeting other members of this forum. It was nice to finally put faces with screen names. I have been a lurker far too long on this forum. It was good to be among you gentlemen. I hope to be a regular at classes and get togethers.

I look forward to meeting the Sunday class sometime soon wherever that may be.

Tejano Scott, thanks for going out of your way today to do me a favor. It was good to meet you today.
    nice meeting you as well JimBob! you were a beast with that Colt! one day ill have me a 1911 of some kind... one day...

but anyways hope to see you, and everyone else, sooner than later!

TheRealT-Dawg

Devil Dog 4Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    MO City, TX
    Thanks TheRealT-dawg, you were a machine dude. I was very impressed. Can't wait to see you in TACII/III!

Also, forgot to shake your hand and thank you for your serivce to our great nation, THANKS!
    Thanks fo rthe compliment and the class too Chris, i still need to bust some rust of my technique and fine tune my skills, so looking forward to the next stages! Perhaps, if i feel good enough, ill start looking into getting in competitions in the future

I also appreciate you thanking me

BTW: can you let me know when you plan on doing Tac-1 again, please? I told my dad about it and he was bummed out he didnt go... so i talked to him about what the class was all about and i pretty much motivated him now to take the plunge in finally going to a training class lol! much appreciate it Chris!

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    Then that must have been an insanely fast improvement time because I was a better shooter on the 4th shot I took.
    It was less improvement in accuracy (still in progress) than improvement in correcting bad habits.
    My grip was terrible, too low and too loose. I was holding it at "LAPD Ready" instead of high ready.
    I was flinching and half-slapping the trigger, both without realizing it. I was indexing on the trigger guard, slingshot holding the slide AND slow feeding it while the muzzle was facing 20° left, rather than down range.
    I was fishing with the front sight and holding it true instead of 6 o'clock. (I learned yesterday that Springfields are 6 o'clock sights. You're supposed to lollipop them target.)

I was a case study for showing that i had perfectly practiced many improperly taught habits. I was surprised to learn a couple of them were potentially deadly and I had done them 500+ times! Thank God I've survived the public ranges!
    BTW, Ben, midnight, T-Dawg, scap and Chris I enjoyed meeting other members of this forum. It was nice to finally put faces with screen names.
    Thanks, J. You're an alright guy ... for a longhorn.
    That Colt 1911 worked impressively for how often you say you've sent it swimming!

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Maj. Gen. John Stark (1728-1822)

midnightyell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    So who gets shot first? I'm guessing me jackass is a wuss. Lol
    if he has a gun and you have a melee weapon, it's one shot to him, three shots to you (that's one extra cause you're a big effer) then two more to him.
    Or with you two, whichever one is trying harder to touch my junk. Pervs.

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - Maj. Gen. John Stark (1728-1822)

midnightyell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    Your mom blew it all on a vacation to Hawaii. You didn't know?
    by "vacation" you mean that time she told you she was going for cigarettes and never came back, right? :P

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    I have to give a big thanks to Plus1, Scapp, and TundraWookie for the class yesterday. The rain made it a little more challenging but did help in adding a more realistic environment and a distraction to work through. As everyone else previously mentioned Plus1 & Scapp did a great job running the class. I am looking forward to the future TAC classes, and maybe TAC II & III in the same day :ohnoes:

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I have to give a big thanks to Plus1, Scapp, and TundraWookie for the class yesterday. The rain made it a little more challenging but did help in adding a more realistic environment and a distraction to work through. As everyone else previously mentioned Plus1 & Scapp did a great job running the class. I am looking forward to the future TAC classes, and maybe TAC II & III in the same day :ohnoes:

Gramps, I would love to sit down with you one day over an iced tea or adult beverage and discuss the pros/cons of your previous trainings versus PHT.

I'd love to take some Suarez classes. Let us know when you sign up for one. :)

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Plus 1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Houston
    Gramps, I would love to sit down with you one day over an iced tea or adult beverage and discuss the pros/cons of your previous trainings versus PHT.

I'd love to take some Suarez classes. Let us know when you sign up for one. :)

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Me too. Scapp99, please bring the bikini..... Keep me posted.

Plus 1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Houston
    Hey, I wanted to let everyone know the dirt was delivered today and we will be remodeling the berm on Sunday!!!! Check the pics on Patriot Handgun Trainnig FB Page.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom