• ...and so much more!
  • Hill Billy

USN 1974 -1977
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2018
    Colorado
    Last I remember, this is The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. We can travel as we wish. We can live where ever we choose. TEXAS does not RULE the UNITED STATES. TEXAS is one of FIFTY. Stop acting like Texas is better than the other 49. Every state in this country is connected and bonded with each one. Sure, I don't like California but, nobody is forced to live there either. I'm all about loving and living in Colorado. Would I live in California? HELL NO! Our strength is who we are and what we stand for. Each state has the God Given right to govern themselves. And I for one like that. Being proud of your state is a given. And remember, if you don't like how your state is performing, you can call your representative and take it from there. GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA!

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    giphy (1).gif

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Last I remember, this is The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. We can travel as we wish. We can live where ever we choose. TEXAS does not RULE the UNITED STATES. TEXAS is one of FIFTY. Stop acting like Texas is better than the other 49. Every state in this country is connected and bonded with each one. Sure, I don't like California but, nobody is forced to live there either. I'm all about loving and living in Colorado. Would I live in California? HELL NO! Our strength is who we are and what we stand for. Each state has the God Given right to govern themselves. And I for one like that. Being proud of your state is a given. And remember, if you don't like how your state is performing, you can call your representative and take it from there. GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA!

The east and west coast population centers generally don’t feel the same.

They feel superior to those of us in so-called flyover states, and know what’s best for us.

I’ve lived it, and see it in many transplants here. They want TX to assimilate what CA has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    I wasn't born in Texas but got here as soon as I could. I have lived more than half my old life in Texas and have yet to meet someone who moved here from those 3 states. No sir, the problem is definately californicators.

Go to California and ask folks where they're from. Most will say NY, NJ, or Boston.

East coasters drove the conservative Californians out long ago...now the migration is simply folks that are presently residing in CA.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

They feel superior to those of us in so-called flyover states, and know what’s best for us.

I’ve lived it, and see it in many transplants here. They want TX to assimilate what CA has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Which is why Robert O'Rourke has received so much out of state money.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Go to California and ask folks where they're from. Most will say NY, NJ, or Boston.

East coasters drove the conservative Californians out long ago...now the migration is simply folks that are presently residing in CA.
    I think that is an overstatement. Remember the TV show Route 66? It spurred a lot of migration to CA from the Midwest. I can remember in the 60s that CA was the dream spot to move to for graduating students, HS and higher.

Hill Billy

USN 1974 -1977
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2018
    Colorado

I’ve lived it, and see it in many transplants here. They want TX to assimilate what CA has become. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    I think that is an overstatement. Remember the TV show Route 66? It spurred a lot of migration to CA from the Midwest. I can remember in the 60s that CA was the dream spot to move to for graduating students, HS and higher.

Well I used to hang out in coastal communities of San Diego. As a kid, almost everyone you'd meet was from somewhere in CA, usually within 50 miles of San Diego. I was the one odd kid that was born in Michigan. By the time I hit my 30's, everyone I met was was from northern east coast states, and bar districts would go nuts for Red Sox games. It was like the entire city of Boston had moved to Pacific Beach and Ocean Beach.

Now, I can't speak for the 60's, I wasn't born until '70. But I can tell you that in the last 20 years the demographics have really changed from what it was even 30 years ago.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Now, I can't speak for the 60's, I wasn't born until '70.
    You are just a pup! I was born in the 40's, have been in Texas now for more than half my life, so our frames of reference are totally different.

But I can tell you that in the last 20 years the demographics have really changed from what it was even 30 years ago.
    I can believe that as I haven't spent that much time out there for the last 25 years.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom