• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Born to Texas and Oklahoma parents. An Air Force brat, we lived all over. Moved from France to Los Angeles. Then my Dad passes and we just stayed in California. Turned 18 went in myself. and was sent straight to Texas. What I learned was it don't matter where you are from, but how you are raised. Folks in the flyover states are as good or bad as any other. But after a decade in California I had to relearn this. They do really think they are better. If I can learn so can anybody else. They are not locust however. This is a new generation. One that bought the Californians are better crap all of their lives. May take them longer to come around.
    DK Firearms

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Born to Texas and Oklahoma parents. An Air Force brat, we lived all over. Moved from France to Los Angeles. Then my Dad passes and we just stayed in California. Turned 18 went in myself. and was sent straight to Texas. What I learned was it don't matter where you are from, but how you are raised. Folks in the flyover states are as good or bad as any other. But after a decade in California I had to relearn this. They do really think they are better. If I can learn so can anybody else. They are not locust however. This is a new generation. One that bought the Californians are better crap all of their lives. May take them longer to come around.
    If only they can learn to think for themselves.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    interesting perspective. thanks.

JeepFiend

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Bryan, TX
    Well I may be a transplant from CA, but my bloodline has been in Texas since the 1860's. And this is one transplant that did his part to keep Texas red. So there is that...

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    It wasn't till my wife and I visited Texas for the first time almost five years ago that I realized that even though I was born in Idaho I'm actually a Texan.

I lived in Idaho over 16 years, Utah a year and a half, California a year, Washington for 9 years and Oregon for almost 25 years. I've never been more happy or comfortable than I have been in Texas. I could eat Tex- Mex or good Q everyday and be happier than a pig in sh!t. Throw in some chicken fried steak or chicken fried chicken. I love guns and fishing. I love small Government.

Antares

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2015
    Seabrook, TX
    I moved here from Missouri 4 years ago and I love it here. I was born in Buffalo NY in 1948 and lived there till I joined the AF in 1966. When I left the AF in 78 instead of moving to NY I decided to stay in MO. Then all my kids moved away they didn't want to say they were from Knob Noster, MO and was successful in their lives so I moved to Seabrook cause they wanted us close to the family. I never regretted moving here it is a great place to spend my old age.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    Everything you brought up is why some feel it’s depressing.

In the last couple of years, CA transplants began to exceed the number of native births.

That’s never a good thing.

Keep Calm and RTFU

Hell illegal immigrants have been doing that for sometime. Most people are afraid to admit its because liberal white people allow it ( illegal immigration). I am depressed as well, but I do think conflict is coming and will settle it.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    They want to turn Texas blue
    why dont they use policy instead of reproduction habits. If you check the cdc about racial group birth rates and tehn rates of public assistance and poverty it seems those having kids are more likely to not contribute and have their "habits" and "mistakes" subsidized. While people who can afford them are not or are putting it off. Also looking at the number of kids some have.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    It wasn't till my wife and I visited Texas for the first time almost five years ago that I realized that even though I was born in Idaho I'm actually a Texan.

Worked with the Armed Forces Police out of Fairchild AFB in Spokane. Spent much time in Idaho. One of the best places I've ever been, Sand Point Idaho. Just wanted to tell you. Idaho is one of the great underrated places in the USA. As much as I hate Houston weather and what democrats have done to the city, I don't like snow more. When I was young and didn't have to shovel it I loved it.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Worked with the Armed Forces Police out of Fairchild AFB in Spokane. Spent much time in Idaho. One of the best places I've ever been, Sand Point Idaho. Just wanted to tell you. Idaho is one of the great underrated places in the USA. As much as I hate Houston weather and what democrats have done to the city, I don't like snow more. When I was young and didn't have to shovel it I loved it.

Sadly even Idaho is under attack.
    Have read several recent news articles how the swarm is inundating them as well.
    Home prices have skyrocketed so much locals can no longer afford to purchase homes in their own communities due to the influx of outsiders.
    Idaho is a beautiful place. Shame its so far away. I’d like to visit there more.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    As far as conservatives go, I don't think it matters where they come from since most all conservatives I know aren't out to change traditional ideals, liberals on the other hand......

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I moved here 13 years ago last week from California. When I entered Texas, I put up a sign that Texas was full, please turn around. Maybe something happened to the sign.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I moved here 13 years ago last week from California. When I entered Texas, I put up a sign that Texas was full, please turn around. Maybe something happened to the sign.

No maybes about it. Since then, close to 1M of your compatriots followed.

Keep Calm and RTFU

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

I spent all my time along the Snake River, southern Idaho. It's a much different place than Northern Idaho. For one there's a lot less white supremacists in southern Idaho.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I spent all my time along the Snake River, southern Idaho. It's a much different place than Northern Idaho. For one there's a lot less white supremacists in southern Idaho.
    One of my favorite fishing areas was near where the Snake dumped into the Columbia river, but I also fished it in Idaho.

Top Bottom