Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    .357 100yd target:
    FD18D4AA-B99E-4138-B03A-1A92C42A3599.jpeg

BigRed

Well-Known
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Is this where I'm supposed to demand that you put up or shut up?

Well.... YEAH!

91A40E1A-0696-41FD-807E-2EAD3CA87995.jpeg

I've been told on an occasion or so that I am a smartass. I find it rather shocking when that comes up... Hell, didn't even try!

Amongst my best memories are those with Dad...plinking around in the back yard. I cannot even begin to tell how much I learned from time with him there.

Keep up the good work with your son!

BigRed

Well-Known
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Well.... YEAH!

View attachment 373992
    I've been told on an occasion or so that I am a smartass. I find it rather shocking when that comes up... Hell, didn't even try!

Amongst my best memories are those with Dad...plinking around in the back yard. I cannot even begin to tell how much I learned from time with him there.

Keep up the good work with your son!

How is he doing weakhand?

striker55

TGT Addict
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I'm a Sturm Ruger fan, yep before it was just Ruger. .357 Blackhawk was my first, 44 mag Super Blackhawk was my favorite.

CHRISGO

Lifetime Member
    Feb 16, 2023
    Muleshoe, Texas
    Long ago my Dad gave me a SW686 8". Great gun. That started me in .357 world. Latter I bought a 6" version of the 686.
    What a great gun, the trigger is very light. Also have couple of Ruger's. My favorite is the 686. My Dad as a Python. I have never
    had a chance to shoot it to compare the two. Have a feeling that I would be very impressed with that old Colt.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Long ago my Dad gave me a SW686 8". Great gun. That started me in .357 world. Latter I bought a 6" version of the 686.
    What a great gun, the trigger is very light. Also have couple of Ruger's. My favorite is the 686. My Dad as a Python. I have never
    had a chance to shoot it to compare the two. Have a feeling that I would be very impressed with that old Colt.
    Howdy

Deaf Smith

Nov 25, 2022
    Texas
    Dude! The Model 19/66 snub is perhaps the finest looking S&W there is.
    Well done!
    Even better now.... Notice the Eagle Secret Service stocks, flash chrome hammer, and flash chrome trigger. Also has stainless steel hand, rebound slide, and cylinder stop!

1677976436355.png

I fitted it all, timed it to prefection (cylinder is solid, even un-cocked!) No end shake, crane shake, cylinder wobble or anything. Shoots very tight groups to boot! See I've been a S&W man for maybe 45 years... I know them inside and out!!!

And that is DPX Buffalo Bore ammo to!

Terralk

Mar 6, 2023
    Canyon, Texas
    I love 357, and they get shot regularly.

686 is my favorite, have a no dash and a -6 Performance Center. Both are absolutely a hoot.
    I picked up a scratched up 586 years ago, with most of the nickel plating gone. It gets the most use, even though I like the looks of the stainless better. It shoots great and is just a favorite to take to the range.

I bought a 66-1 from a long time friend, several years ago. It is a ton of fun to shoot, but it just doesn't get the use the other ones do.

I had a GP100 Match Champion, shot it side by side with the 686 and it was everything the S&W was. Accuracy, feel, everything was phenomenal, but the elderly gent I had traded for it, wanted it back real bad and I gave in and traded it back. I'll pick up another one sometime, but it is a great piece.
    Went to the range today with a blued GP100 I traded for a couple months ago. Dunno if I am gonna like it enough to keep.

Finally, the Blackhawk.... Ton of fun to shoot, it lives at my house though it belongs to my oldest son. I have owned several of them over the last 30 years, and enjoy shooting it too, but it seems to seldom get taken out of the safe.

Poohgyrr

Feb 10, 2019
    South Central Texas
    Another S&W fan here. In general, any 2 1/2” to 3”, steel, K frame will work for me. Sights can be fixed or adjustable. Grips that fit, and work with Comp II speedloaders, are mandatory.

Then find good leather, and ammo. Drink a tall cold beverage of my choice and appreciate my blessings.

Roscoe

Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I have a S&W model 66 3" with round grip, that is the perfect carry revolver. I carried it on several overseas assignments. I've had to use it a few times, and it never let me down. I have a beautiful 6 1/2" nickel plated model 27. Its great for bbq's and day hiking out in the hill country. Its a bit too large for CC, but I wouldn't part with it.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Another S&W fan here. In general, any 2 1/2” to 3”, steel, K frame will work for me. Sights can be fixed or adjustable. Grips that fit, and work with Comp II speedloaders, are mandatory.

Then find good leather, and ammo. Drink a tall cold beverage of my choice and appreciate my blessings.
    <>

Yes, we have S&W’s, too.

But, if my life depended on one gun, I’d pick the Python EVERY TIME !

leVieux

Top Bottom