• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Not going to be able to make this one, but just a thought for the next time. Could we go to a range that allows FMJ, and allows prone firing, and allows more than 1 shot every 3 seconds?

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Oh Lordy, a 1/4 mile gravel road? Do you country folk not realize that some of us drive sports cars and not pickup trucks? :p

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Not going to be able to make this one, but just a thought for the next time. Could we go to a range that allows FMJ, and allows prone firing, and allows more than 1 shot every 3 seconds?

Private range or private land, my friend. You can do all that at Dallas Pistol (or is it Gun? I forget) Club but I can only go there when I'm invited by a buddy of mine that's a member.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

ProActive allows FMJ. I know, I've shot them with the owner next to me. Priot to that I spoke directly to the owner and specifically asked about any ammo rules or prohibitions. He said none. His only restriction was don't fire at steel targets with rifles (the bullet goes through). And when you drop the slide/bolt be certain the barrel is pointed downrange into the dirt berm, not tilted up (in case there is a slam fire the bullet does not go over the berm and escape the range).

As for prone and rapid fire, I can't speak to those rules. Is there a certain place you've seen that those are not allowed? BTW, ProActive is NOT Quail Creek. QC is tougher about rules and it sounds to me like you've got the two confused as they are down the same road. ProActive you could say is in QC's back yard in terms of location.

Oh Lordy, a 1/4 mile gravel road? Do you country folk not realize that some of us drive sports cars and not pickup trucks? :p

Your paint job is going to get dusty.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I know, that was a joke. If I was that worried about gravel, I couldn't go to any of the outdoor ranges that I frequent.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I know, that was a joke. If I was that worried about gravel, I couldn't go to any of the outdoor ranges that I frequent.

lol yeah. Reminds me of a range day at Elm Fork one Sunday morning. My husband insisted we take his car which he washed & waxed the day before. I told him no, get in the truck I wanted to drive. He refused, made a fuss - fine. We took his stupid car. Long story short, soon as we hit the parking lot he began griping about "his fresh waxed car was getting dusty".

;)

inceptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Denton County, Republic of Texas
    lol yeah. Reminds me of a range day at Elm Fork one Sunday morning. My husband insisted we take his car which he washed & waxed the day before. I told him no, get in the truck I wanted to drive. He refused, made a fuss - fine. We took his stupid car. Long story short, soon as we hit the parking lot he began griping about "his fresh waxed car was getting dusty".

;)

Male ego's, go figure. BUT we have fun :cool:

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    @shorts: yes i did get the 2 ranges mixed up, someone posted the link to quail creek and that is what I clicked on. thanks for the clarification.

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I think I could make it on the 18th of May. kabob, where are you in Dallas? I live in NE Dallas (Plano Rd. and Walnut St.) right next to Garland. Perhaps we could set up a ride share?

Top Bottom