• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    I like to get out to the gun range about once per month. I go on Saturday's because I work security for my church on Sunday's. If someone wishes to pick a Saturday, I am up for that. Typically first Satuday is reserved for siren test in my community but the other thee or occasionally four are up for grabs. How about a second Satuday shoot. We can rotate through some of the local ranges.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    dangit - i have a golf tournament on the 10th

elm fork i think is the best location - absent any other recommendations - maybe that one over in north fort worth (i've never been there myself)

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    I live next to the Garland gun range. I used to shoot at Elm Fork before the new management. I always like shooting there.

If indoor is preferred, how about DFW Gun Range or Target Master in Garland.

My first vote is Elm Fork unless someone has a strong option one way or the other.

-Glen, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SGTKeebler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Ive been to and like Elm Fork, I think outside would be preferred as indoor is typically pay by the hour.
    I used to work for the security company attached to DFW gun range, its ok, I enjoyed it more when it was free and didnt have to follow the rules.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Elm Fork Shooting Sports

They open at 8am on Saturday. I know the clay bays fill up really quick. I'd assume the pistol bays do too. I'm not sure when everyone wants to meet up, but I think the Sunday guys meet up at 9am.

I can get there when they open to get a bay. I'm usually up pretty early anyway. I don't mind doing some .22 plinking for an hour or so if everyone wants to meet at 9.

Any other thoughts on times? Anyone been to Elm Fork pistol range on Saturdays, and can speak to how busy it is?

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    If the weather is nice, it is croweded. Sometimes they have military or reserves there as a group and they take up quite a bit of room. If you call ahead you might be able to get the first bay or two reserved for a 9am start. (The first ones next to the rifle range) Tell them its the TGT shooting group. Seems to work for TGO Sunday shoots.

Top Bottom