• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    "Assumptions are the mother of all ****-ups", right?

But seriously. On one hand, I can see the need for this sort of thing. On the other, part of me thinks they go just a little too far sometimes.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Defend herself by pointing a gun at a LEO?

Again, we are making lots of assumptions. ;)

She's pictured standing in a nursery by a crib. Considering how many times SWAT teams have busted down the wrong door recently - in at least one instance I can think of WITHOUT identifying themselves, I'd say this target is making a tragedy that much more likely.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    She's pictured standing in a nursery by a crib. Considering how many times SWAT teams have busted down the wrong door recently - in at least one instance I can think of WITHOUT identifying themselves, I'd say this target is making a tragedy that much more likely.

To quote a friend, "no-knock warrants are the most retarded thing ever for LEOs". IMHO, whoever decided that shit is a good idea needs to be shot, 'cause it's just asking for trouble. How the hell would you react if your front door was kicked/blown in and people big guns were rushing into your house? Odds are you'd go into fight-or-flight mode, and not have any idea WTF is happening.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    this is a non-story in my opinion. training (to be effective) has to be as realistic as possible. LEO's for years have been using the video "shoot/don't shoot" scenarios -with pictures of common everyday citizens

whether the person on the target is a pregnant woman or whoever else - this is called life in the big city.....people from all walks of life can be a threat to police.

coming up with training scenarios or training aids to help them survive is no more a story than the crap i took earlier this morning

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Many of you don't think these targets have existed for years, used by LEO's all over the country? Get a grip, these have been around a LONG time. The range of targets available is astounding, ranging from terrorists to kids to women to the prototypical street thug.

Targets Online , Its Time For A Better Target

Law Enforcement Targets website is done, once it comes back up look at ALL of the available targets.

mikej

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Central TX
    Agreed AJ lives off disinformation like this, but were this true, it's a threatening feeling that stateside LE is training on targets made to look like you and me, "normal people". If I go to the range and tack up targets that look like DHS and LE officers, would they feel threatened?

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    To quote a friend, "no-knock warrants are the most retarded thing ever for LEOs". IMHO, whoever decided that shit is a good idea needs to be shot, 'cause it's just asking for trouble. How the hell would you react if your front door was kicked/blown in and people big guns were rushing into your house? Odds are you'd go into fight-or-flight mode, and not have any idea WTF is happening.
    This... I know if I was interrupted from eating my 6" meatball sub with triple extra cheese, onions, and banana peppers by my door getting knocked in my first thought isn't going to be "Oh this must be my friendly local peace officer. I better not shoot him."

Ignore who the story is from..
    unpossible... Alex Jones can't be taken seriously.

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    this is a non-story in my opinion. training (to be effective) has to be as realistic as possible. LEO's for years have been using the video "shoot/don't shoot" scenarios -with pictures of common everyday citizens

whether the person on the target is a pregnant woman or whoever else - this is called life in the big city.....people from all walks of life can be a threat to police.

coming up with training scenarios or training aids to help them survive is no more a story than the crap i took earlier this morning

Realistic? How often are cops having to shoot at grandma in her kitchen, or a young mom on the playground with her kid, or a pregnant woman in a nursery? And that's beside the little kids with guns.

No, this is very disturbing.

Top Bottom