• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    BTW, here's an article that's not from a TFH wholesaler. Is Your Local Police Department Using Pictures of Pregnant Women and Children for Target Practice? - Hit & Run : Reason.com

If you don't hesitate before pulling the trigger on a kid that young, you need to not have a gun at all to say nothing of being paid to fucking carry one.

And yet if you hesitate long enough to allow the kid to get off a shot that injures or kills the guy next to you, you'll have that on your conscience as well as having shot the kid.

There's a fine line here between keeping police casualties minimal and not drilling some innocent person who is actually on the officer's side of the fight. IMHO, target practice only really "works" when combined with force-on-force training.

Tactical_Smurf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Flint-Gresham Metroplex
    Another thing to think about is Agencies have been known to modify targets like these for training, IE the kid paint the muzzle end orange and see if the cop is paying enough attention and making a conscious decision on weather to shoot or not. In addition most objects can be programed into IT style simulators for LE training. I know this looks bad but I can assure you that LE Targets inc makes 10X as many typical gang banger drug dealer / terrorists targets. Facts are facts though anybody can be a threat, custodial interference and kidnapping, child that just killed their parent, and for anybody who has a problem with the pregnant woman think about some of the stories coming back from the beginning of OIF and OEF where pregnant women where walking to humvee columns and checkpoints begging for help then detonating IED.

I agree some of the things DHS has done in the past months is nothing short of scary and concerning but this really isnt one of them...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    And yet if you hesitate long enough to allow the kid to get off a shot that injures or kills the guy next to you, you'll have that on your conscience as well as having shot the kid.

There's a fine line here between keeping police casualties minimal and not drilling some innocent person who is actually on the officer's side of the fight. IMHO, target practice only really "works" when combined with force-on-force training.

There's a reason cops wear body armor, and there's a reason one of the first (the first?) companies that sold it to cops was called Second Chance.

Just sayin'.

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    There's a reason cops wear body armor, and there's a reason one of the first (the first?) companies that sold it to cops was called Second Chance.

Just sayin'.

That coves maybe 40 percent of the body. Carotid artery, brachial artery, femoral artery, Head. Just a few things that aren't covered by body armor. You seriously can't be advocating that it is better to just be shot in these instances.

As an example of the pregnant women,
    I've dealt with plenty of pregnant females who are so amped up they have fought, pulled knives, thank god some of them didn't have guns. Add the hormones into that.
    And all this was working as a Firefighter... With no body armor or PD on scene.

Working in a Jail too, I can say pregnant females being arrested for aggravated offenses, robbery or assaulting a peace officer aren't uncommon.
    Do not discount a woman because she is pregnant.

Last edited:

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I could have sworn it was against the law to shoot targets that were photos of real people I can not take a picture of my neighbor and make a target out of it and start shooting it. (I live out in the country). Am I wrong here?

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Wasn't there a range in Nevada that sold targets of Bin Laden, Obama and others? And just found an article of a Florida distributor selling targets resembling Trayvon Martin... While not illegal, they are in bad taste.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    LETargets is still slow to dead but you can find the images of targets. Stick this into google images " scenario site:www.letargets . com "

They have made targets for all walks of life for a long time. Nothing new.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    At first glance it does bother me, but I can see how they would be used in training.

You could setup different scenarios with completely different context and the picture would be "showing" you two completely different things.

The woman with the child could be a kidnapper who just executed the boy's sister moments ago and was using him as a hostage, or it could be a mother hiding from her abusive husband outside who just called 911.

I'm just saying, context could make a huge difference and could be helpful for training.

Dhayes

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Idaho Falls,Idaho
    Wasn't there a range in Nevada that sold targets of Bin Laden, Obama and others? And just found an article of a Florida distributor selling targets resembling Trayvon Martin... While not illegal, they are in bad taste.
    The Gun Store on Tropicana had a Bin Laden target. There's a Zombie Bin Laden target available at The Range 702,which is on Dean Martin Drive

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Why do they want to kill Dog the bounty hunter? :(
    ialefi-qr-c.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    At first glance, I found the target subject matter to be very disturbing. I have no doubt that Liberals would kill me to silence me. Hell, they may as well put my face on their targets. I also accept the fact that a "no knock" entry here would be fatal for many including myself.

I thought back to my friend Harry who served in Viet Nam with the USMC. They were under attack by Viet Cong and a pregnant female was slaughtering them with heavy small arms fire. Harry took an M79 grenade launcher, launched a round that hit her directly. He remembers the abdomen of that pregnant woman spinning through the air. He killed her but saved many lives that day. That shit is not a video game and I don't want LEO's debating the moral aspect of shooting a murderous criminal. SHOOT the SOB! If those targets will enable an LEO to do the unspeakable, then it's worth the risk.

Flash

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    It seems Alex Jones is using the new targets along with the fear of the government coming to your house to take you guns, or put you in concentration camps, in conjunction to spread fear and mistrust of the government. He's trying to make the weak minded think that the cops want to kill your pregnant wife, your kids or you. He is just as bad as Obama and his thugs trying to create fear with their propaganda.

Remember the movie Magnum Force? The targets used in the competition? They've had these targets for decades. In a split second decision you need to be able to see and recognize threats and non-threats. These are just adding to the what they already have I'm sure.

I do not trust the government at all, but I'm not buying into Alex Jones' fear mongering.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom