• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Please enlighten me with the definition of profiling. Out of an actual dictionary, please.

–noun the use of specific characteristics, as race or age, to make generalizations about a person, as whether he or she may be engaged in illegal activity.

From Dictionary.com

boscoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Tomball
    –noun the use of specific characteristics, as race or age, to make generalizations about a person, as whether he or she may be engaged in illegal activity.

From Dictionary.com

Thank you.

"use of specific characteristics" = Interested in firearms

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You're absolutely right. I would hand over my DL in order for them to do the 4473 once I decide to purchase the gun. That is very different than handing it over to simply look at a gun that I may or may not purchase. Their store, their gun, their rule, their implication that I'm going to do something bad, and ultimately their loss of my money.
    You have to remember that most of their employees are minimum wage workers who usually could care less. Academy is a sports store that happens to sell guns, not the other way around.

Have you seen how most of the employees and customers handle guns? They would get bitch slapped at a real gun store.

I don't think the policy is there mainly to prevent you from doing something bad, it is probably more about customers in general doing something stupid.

boscoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Tomball
    You have to remember that most of their employees are minimum wage workers who usually could care less. Academy is a sports store that happens to sell guns, not the other way around.

Have you seen how most of the employees and customers handle guns? They would get bitch slapped at a real gun store.

I don't think the policy is there mainly to prevent you from doing something bad, it is probably more about customers in general doing something stupid.

I worked at Academy for a few years a long time ago, behind the gun counter. I know what you're talking about, but didn't witness any stupidity that couldn't be cured with a "you can't do that, hand me back the weapon". I have a feeling that this is a store specific issue due to where the store is located and associated theft, based on other people's experiences. We'll find out next week when I call corporate to ask.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    This from the Code Of Conduct section:
    Don't PM, text, call, mail me asking if this is directed at you. If you think it might, step back from the keyboard or risk a vacation.

However, there are some rules that we must uphold, and the means by which they are upheld are at the discretion of the admin and mod staff. Since Texas Gun Talk is our house, we reserve the right to ban or punish anyone for anything, without warning.

Respect Other Posters
    It's common for topics to get heated, but we will not tolerate people growing belligerent or getting out of hand. If you feel that a thread has exceeded it's limit, please report the thread for the admin / mod staff. We are all gun people, we are all playing on the same team.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    This place sometimes resembles a zoo in Alex Jones' back yard.

I'm trying to picture what that would look like... Unicorns, manticores, minotaurs, satyrs, teenage mutant ninja turtles, bigfoot, sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads, and federal agents?

My head may implode just thinking about it.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Was at the Academy in The Woodlands today. They didn't ask for my DL before letting me handle a pistol. May be a local store policy.

Top Bottom