Gun Zone Deals

Does anyone think the Mexico tariffs are a good idea???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Who are you talking about?
    Not when he will be pointing them at you for not agreeing with him. His type try to come off as thoughtful and intelligent in public, but inside they are raving lunatics wishing for the death of every last one of those who disagree with them.

"His type .... are raving lunatics wishing for the death....."
    Who me?
    A modicum of civility might be in order??

Silly hyperbole accepted.
    I defy being categorized as any particular "type".
    :)

https://www.tpr.org/post/gop-rep-hurd-says-tariffs-will-punish-us-more-mexico
    Will Hurd, GOP Texas Representative, rather strongly coming out against the tariffs.

None in this thread have put forth a convincing case for the tariff being a wise and prudent concept. I'm just asking and not getting a convincing response thus far.

HKS
    Gun Zone Deals

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Who me?

Will Hurd, GOP Texas Representative, rather strongly coming out against the tariffs.

None in this thread have put forth a convincing case for the tariff being a wise and prudent concept. I'm just asking and not getting a convincing response thus far.

HKS
    I believe you have gotten both sides of the argument, maybe not what you believe, but then maybe you are just looking for acknowledgement.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Who me?

HKS

Well, I guess the proof is in the pudding.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-trump-mexico-idUSKCN1T62YC

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    What happened to just shutting the border down?

HK has gotten reasons for the tariffs, he just doesn't like them. I can't help that. He mentioned Cornyn and Herd and let us be honest, DT has done more for tax paying Texans than either of these folks. I mean, the state legislature screwed us on property taxes

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Do NOT feed the trolls.
    And that post was liked by HKShooter65.
    057044C0-A625-42AB-9039-9BAD6F8379C8.png

Attachments

• 057044C0-A625-42AB-9039-9BAD6F8379C8.png
      057044C0-A625-42AB-9039-9BAD6F8379C8.png
      36.4 KB · Views: 297

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Do NOT feed the trolls.

I'm not trolling.

I'm finding a definite consensus of op-eds by economists feel that tariffs will be bad for US consumers and do little or nothing to resolve our border problems.
    At worst, hurting the Mexican economy might worsen the problem we are struggling to aleviate.

I'm seeing more and more GOP leaders oppose what is being proposed by Mr. Trump.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a rational and well thought out opinion as to why the tariffs would be a benefit to our nation as a whole and to immigration in particular.
    It seems to me that no-one has brought forth such an encouraging explanation.

Good grief.
    This is something we'd all have a grand time debating over coffee or a cold libation.
    Instead some resort to insults and name calling, fueled by internet anonymity.

What really bothers me about divisiveness of the present era is that so many think that a conservative must, de facto, agree with all conservative issues and that, similarly, liberals must oppose all thing conservative.
    Nonsense.
    The ultimate insult would to believe me to be a mindless sheeple. Never!

It's hot.
    Going kayaking in an hour.
    Bye for today.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I'm just wondering if anyone has a rational and well thought out opinion as to why the tariffs would be a benefit to our nation as a whole and to immigration in particular.
    It seems to me that no-one has brought forth such an encouraging explanation.

Read the actual news. Mexico will start to take action on immigration for fear of the economic damage to their country. That is rational.

Maybe not encouraging to you, but rational.

Sadly, there are situations where the other party only will respond to force (economic, military, etc.).

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Good grief.
    This is something we'd all have a grand time debating over coffee or a cold libation.
    Instead some resort to insults and name calling, fueled by internet anonymity.

You started the thread under the same conditions that I replied in, so it would seem that you are using the same anonymity as you are saying others are doing here.

I'm not sure how the outcome would be any different, but I would have no problem meeting you face to face to read my posts in this thread to back to you.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Not when he will be pointing them at you for not agreeing with him. His type try to come off as thoughtful and intelligent in public, but inside they are raving lunatics wishing for the death of every last one of those who disagree with them.

I’m a glass half full guy. I tend to see the good in people.

Unless, of course, they’re a devil. Can’t fix evil.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    I’m not 100% certain that tariffs are the proper tool to use in negotiation illegal invaders streaming north. However, given that congress (both sides of that rat infested cesspool) have refused to use the appropriate tools and the legal system has seen fit to block other lawful tools, I’m not sure what’s left aside from other means that we definitely DONT want to ponder. Sometimes you just need to use what is available to you to get the job done.

Personally, I really don’t give a crap how he gets Mexico to stop assisting criminals on their journey north. I’d be completely ok with enticing the cartels into stopping the flow in any way they see fit. What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Personally, I really don’t give a crap how he gets Mexico to stop assisting criminals on their journey north. I’d be completely ok with enticing the cartels into stopping the flow in any way they see fit. What happens in Mexico stays in Mexico.

Good idea. Give the cartels an inside track to selling legalized pot in the states that allow it, then create some tax loophole for foreign NAFTA companies in exchange for border security.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trumps-mexico-tariffs-usmca-trade-concerns-business-community
    FoxNews "Grave Error" headlines are telling.

Mexico's imigration-control infrastructure is diminutive and ineffectual compared to ours and ours is terribly over-stressed.

Sounds terrible for Texas.
    Has already been terrible for my retirement plans this week.

I'm looking for a silver lining.

There seems to be a deafening silence on this board so I figured it needs some reconnoitering.

Anybody feel good about this latest immigration kerfuffle??
    So. How do you feel about it now?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    At the heart of the matter.....we cannot control our border even with our enormously well funded resources.

We expect Mexico, with comparatively meager resources, to do it for us.

All the tariffs will do is pass the cost along to US consumers.
    Cars, clothing, fruits and veggies and most categories of consumer goods will go up!!!
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-top-trade-adviser-opposed-mexican-tariffs-11559320692
    Trump was pretty peeved at his economic adviser for saying that on FoxNews.

Seems to me, and apparently to most economists, that we are pissin' into our own boots.

hmmmm...

Top Bottom